4 the Devs: Mortar sounds in Multi

First of all, this is not casting shade, I love your games deep down in my RTS heart.  That said....

In a multi game... when On-map mortar teams fire off, even without being spotted, you can find their approximate location by scrolling around the map and listening for their tubes launching.  This gives an opponent (me, in this case) an opportunity to call in an arty strike on their position, when I really should have no idea where they are firing from.  

Anyone agree? 

3 minutes ago, sburke said:

The convolutions I have gone through at times to disguise vehicle movements or used jeeps to knock down fences to mis lead my opponent. . .  .😁

Lol, yeah... hadn't thought about the jeep idea yet... thanks for the trick. :D

3 hours ago, Bozilas said:

This gives an opponent (me, in this case) an opportunity to call in an arty strike on their position, when I really should have no idea where they are firing from. 

Only if you can get line of sight to the mortars position (or if you have a drone).....I believe an airstrike might be possible though.

About the  fences. If scenario designers make occasional gaps in fences it could mitigate the problem, to a degree. Especially in rear areas where movement could be expected to be unobserved. 

And often it's the sound cue of a wall or fence being crushed that alerts to opponent to look for the fence going  down. If it's important to you, you could agree with your opponent to take out those sound files. Just a thought.