Getting game to work after Windows 10 upgrade

Hello everybody,

So I upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10, (a long time ago) and I'm told 'License is not for this machine' when I try to start CMSF. 

When I try to get the license online, it says 'number of uses exceeded' (words to that effect). But the game's not been on more than 2 or 3 successive computers of mine.

So, should I uninstall the game and try again, or does it look like I  need helpdesk level of assistance for this? Just wanted to ask advice before uninstalling.

Any help much appreciated. Want to dust things off and get ready for CMSF2!

Just in case this topic comes up in a search by anyone having the same problem- I looked at the helpdesk page on the site here and and read I should try to unlicense and relicense the game. It explains how to do it. I tried it and it worked. So, many thanks to whoever wrote that page, lo there many years ago.