Update on Engine 4 patches

33 minutes ago, wadepm said:

Buy it now so when the patch comes out that's all you have to do.  Will save you a couple of hours...maybe.

Yes, just Buy & Play all the BN Modules now, and wait for the Patch to come out for continued gaming...Thou, I can understand there are some issues that kill the emersion factor a bit (BAR & Bren LMG firing single-shots at certain ranges, etc).

Edited by JoMc67

On ‎12‎/‎7‎/‎2018 at 9:30 PM, Bulletpoint said:

No, I have been waiting patiently for the patch all along. Have no interest in CMSF2.

Count me as another "same". Or at least I have no interest in CMSF2 for the moment. It's got British units so at some point I may become interested. But more interested in bugs getting squashed than new content at the moment.

Cannot wait to see the Bren used to its entire glory. Also hoping that the acquire mortar and some icon bugs are squashed.

Edited by Oliver_88

6 hours ago, IanL said:

Icon bugs? Mortar acquire bug? The mortar one sounds familiar but I cannot remember the details...

Plus another icon bug that don't particularly want to discuss too much in public (could maybe ruin some games). But upon your advice I private messaged sburke about it earlier in the year. Turned out that an ticket was existing for it already and that the bug was not introduced in Engine 4 but earlier.

That's a different mortar bug :)

No less critical, mind you. The one above (from 2015) is the Commonwealth Carrier platoons in CMBN acquiring 2 inch mortars from universal carriers. They Acquire the mortar, and it vanishes, but they don't have it. It really breaks that unit, since that's a large part of their tactical employment.

31 minutes ago, domfluff said:

That's a different mortar bug :)

No less critical, mind you. The one above (from 2015) is the Commonwealth Carrier platoons in CMBN acquiring 2 inch mortars from universal carriers. They Acquire the mortar, and it vanishes, but they don't have it. It really breaks that unit, since that's a large part of their tactical employment.

Yeah that combined with the Bren gun bug really neuters the Carrier Platoon sections. Imagine them once both those bugs are gone, they are going to be absolutely fantastic assets. The Anti-Tank platoons have 2 inch mortars available in their Lloyd carriers also. Reason being I believe in order to screen the guns movement with smoke rounds. So it's affects part of their tactical employment also.

9 hours ago, DesertFox said:

Any news? Still this year or do we have to wait ´til 2020?

Would really like to know this too..  I know SF2 just came out and I picked that up because I do like me some modern CM on occasion but those of us who are much more into the WWII games have been waiting for this patch FOREVER!  Any news? We gonna see this for Christmas vacation?  That would be the best gift ever!

Thanks

Also a bit put off to conclude that some 3.0 games were actually preferable over their 4.0 version. But I did not get to playing much Combat Mission in the past year anyways. 

On a positive note, maybe some small improvements that evolved during the prolonged CM:SF2 project will benefit the  WW2 games through this upcoming patch.  

Edited by Kevin2k
typo

On 12/14/2018 at 5:13 PM, Kevin2k said:

Also a bit put off to conclude that some 3.0 games were actually preferable over their 4.0 version. But I did not get to playing much Combat Mission in the past year anyways. 

On a positive note, maybe some small improvements that evolved during the prolonged CM:SF2 project will benefit the  WW2 games through this upcoming patch.  

Your optimism is encouraging...

If the new behaviour is anything like that in CM:SF2, I'd call the issue fixed.....Just had a bunch of not terribly experienced (but quite brave) Syrian Uncons stay firmly put (without workarounds) under the full fury of a modern(ish) US mortar barrage!  :o 

Still having a few issues with doorway related stupidities, but without testing the map I can't be sure it's not down to terrain issues.   :unsure:

Edited by Sgt.Squarehead

17 minutes ago, Buck72 said:

I've gone from looking for the patch weekly to monthly... soon it will be annually. No info, no nothing... this is tedious in the extreme and no way to retain customers.

Yep. It's now been two years since they broke their own game. Two years. You'd think fixing it would have been a bigger priority.

Ya I picked  up SF2 because I do enjoy SF very much BUT the way the patch for all the other games that I have so much invested in has been handled really leaves a very bad taste in my mouth.  As much as I love these games they have been sitting on the shelf for 2 years more or less.  That is really just an unacceptable amount of time for a developer to fix a problem that was introduced in a paid upgrade to a product.  I don't think they feel this way but it really seems like they just don't really care about those who play primarily single player.

Well we pay the same amount for the games.  I am really sorry to come across so negative and I am sure I will get jumped on by the usual people but just remember there are probably very few people who have been more ardent supporters of these games to everyone I could preach to about how great they are than me.  So feeling the way I feel about this whole patch issue is NOT something I enjoy.  I really want to continue to support Battlefront with my hard earned money but I seriously have to question that going forward, which really breaks my heart.

To the devs who might read this I truly am sorry for the negativity, I sincerely mean that and I hope you can get where it's coming from.