Update on Engine 4 patches

1 hour ago, Warts 'n' all said:

Emmers, old chap. Crommers was born a bit late to be considered "medieval", and was never an aristocrat. As for myself, I'm a blue collar Anglo-Irish atheist. But, I do love my Belgian Trappist Ales. 😋

"Trappist Ale...'nuff said."  :)

I'm a loss to the advertising industry...

35 minutes ago, Holdit said:

I'm not sure if this is picking at a scab, but will the patch be addressing the question of unbuttoned crew vulnerability?

It's already been addressed and implemented in previous patch...Well, so to speak :-(

Edited by JoMc67

1 hour ago, Holdit said:
2 hours ago, JoMc67 said:

It's already been addressed and implemented in previous patch...Well, so to speak 😞

You mean "No"?  :)

Exactly. The patch does not have everything that each of us think is wrong with the game. The patch contains various prioritized fixes to issues that are recognized as bugs. Not the "unbuttoned crew vulnerability". I put that in quotes not just because it's a quote form an earlier post but because it is a meaninglessly generic statement that could not possibly be acted upon and yet many people think upon hearing it that it covers their pet peeve.

There have been various unbuttoned crew issues that have been fixed over the years is: crews not buttoning down quickly enough, commanders sitting too high in their vehicles and German HT gunners not using the gun shield like they should. There could be more that I am forgetting. A while back there was yet another discussion on this topic where someone did point out that a unbuttoned crew was more easily hit than some random guy in the woods. That went further to show that the danger was not just because the crew would be a priority target. I forget how that ended exactly but it was something that was either not conclusive or in the "just the way the game is" category (i.e. not a significant enough problem to warrant the downstream effects that might result).

Could anyone give me a run-down of what the major bugs are, specifically? I’ve tried my hand at searching, but I haven’t been able to find anything conclusive.

I’m itching to pull the trigger on CMFI. I’m hesitant, however, to treat myself to an experience that might be less radiant than the one CMSF2 has given me. 

Edited by hundtand
grammar :’(

20 hours ago, Dynaman216 said:

The main one, for me, is perfectly fine troops leaving cover to stand in the open an action spot or two away when fired upon by Arty (and in my case a machine gun).  This was a result of tweaking some other code in the unit AI to handle some other item that I don't remember.

Alright! I think I've noticed some variation of this in CMSF2 as well. Canadian troops seem prone to be scared out of cover by the impact of their own LAWs. In the example linked below, the impact point was admittedly a bit close but.... Still seems a touch silly.

Edited by hundtand

Not sure, but I still think there is an issue where Arty and Direct Fire HE are linked together in some way...

just about every time there is HE Direct Fire (Open or Woods) I always loose a casualty or two at range (50 meters or so from impact). This seems to almost mimic the same as if a single Arty round has falling and causing (around 50 meters from impact).

Now, I know someone mentioned there is a reasoning that a Single Arty HE Shell landing has will cause the same effect as if an Arty Barrage...However, this problem also seems to carry-over for Units firing Single Direct HE Fire.

Edited by JoMc67

18 minutes ago, Jaskier said:

Well who said 2019? :D

Actually, Steve did:

"At the moment we're doing some last minute TO&E fixes.  While making Rome to Victory I got into some retro revisions which had a ripple effect.  Almost done with it.

These last minute fixes do delay things, but worth it IMHO.  I'm still thinking that we can have them out before March (yes, of 2019). "

On 3/29/2019 at 10:05 AM, JSj said:

These last minute fixes do delay things, but worth it IMHO.  I'm still thinking that we can have them out before March (yes, of 2019). "

Well, that didn't happen did it! How many MORE months of endless waiting to add to the YEARS that have already gone by?