Update on Engine 4 patches

4 hours ago, RockinHarry said:

quite a number of rather minor issues had been reported from players the recent times, So I´d guess (and hope) BFC goes through them all and check for validity and do fixes if necessary. If that takes the time we need to the see the patch, I´d be willing to wait even longer, also considering current V4 is fully playable with no true game breakers IMO.

Not in mine.  Jumping out of perfectly good trenches with arty falling all around is a game breaker.  

9 minutes ago, Dynaman216 said:

Not in mine.  Jumping out of perfectly good trenches with arty falling all around is a game breaker.  

Play attack scn  perhaps probes xD  as for myself I wish enemy dismounts will jump trenches with direct fire HE...using air bursts does not seem to budge them either. when I have been shelled my memory says I ran from field forts but hardly a game breaker since so much cm does not use those.

20 minutes ago, Dynaman216 said:

agree, but not every mission is lots of Arty and trenches. I myself had to put some mission designs on halt due to the issues with the V4 patch, but I kept working on other stuff instead.

what does a cm style trench represent anyway...my guess they are freshly build. ww1 style trenches seem out of the cm scope. but even so I can see the complaints valid in the pure game sense. maybe that's the issue we are dealing with? or bf is dealing with. 

4 minutes ago, grungar said:

what does a cm style trench represent anyway...my guess they are freshly build. ww1 style trenches seem out of the cm scope. but even so I can see the complaints valid in the pure game sense. maybe that's the issue we are dealing with? or bf is dealing with. 

I think and from reading the GM it´s all more of the "hasty" type and not elaborately built over days. Though me guesses BFC decided for this due to the inability to model stuff dug deeper into the ground for FOW and possibly path finding reasons. With the 8x8m = 1m ground mesh resolution there could be difficulties we´re not aware about, although infantry in buildings have little problems at last to navigate within and the ground mesh resolution obviously not applied. So me also guesses buildings use a custom resolution for navigation purposes, although doors and windows might apply to 8x8m for the individual positioning of pixeltroopers. Just brain farting.

8 hours ago, Bulletpoint said:

During the two years we have waited for this patch, Europe and North America have physically moved about 5 cm (2 inches) further apart due to continental drift.

Bye-bye. See you on the other side of the globe...in maybe 150,000,000 years.

Michael

17 hours ago, Michael Emrys said:

Bye-bye. See you on the other side of the globe...in maybe 150,000,000 years.

Michael

9 hours ago, PhilM said:

But will we have the patch by then or not??

8 hours ago, Ales Dvorak said:

Looking at Battlefront's Flexible Calendar ™ (Warts 'n' all) the answer is Yes.

Ah but @Warts 'n' all will still be alive then. So, he'll be good.

• 2 weeks later...
12 minutes ago, Combatintman said:
11 hours ago, Miller786 said:

What's the hold up on the patches? weren't they supposed to come out before march?

I'm not sure Steve has ever said this.

I'm pretty sure he did:

On 2/16/2019 at 5:50 PM, Battlefront.com said:

Update on the patches.  We're still fixing things.  Found out yesterday that MacOS Mojave treats some of the installer stuff a little differently so that had to be addressed to avoid people double clicking and getting a blank screen.

At the moment we're doing some last minute TO&E fixes.  While making Rome to Victory I got into some retro revisions which had a ripple effect.  Almost done with it.

These last minute fixes do delay things, but worth it IMHO.  I'm still thinking that we can have them out before March (yes, of 2019). 

4 hours ago, Bulletpoint said:

I'm pretty sure he did:

Fine, I had a quick look and didn't see the date. I always work on the default that Steve doesn't give dates and when he does, there's always wriggle room. Doesn't bother me anyway to be honest, if they say they're working on it then in my experience they are so it'll come out when it comes out.