Update on Engine 4 patches

2 hours ago, IanL said:

Oh god that bloody trade deadline

My sentiments exactly; I suppose you stand with the Sens, you have my sympathies, having supported the Rangers and the Leafs for bleeding decades I feel your pain...

So [raises glass] here's to speedy development whether it be patches or trade deals.

2 hours ago, Derfel 2nd said:

Amen to that brother, Amen to that. (or "So Say We All" for the nerdier folks).

After all these years I still get a kick from remembering the guys insisting that ASL and it's ilk were SO much better and entertaining than any wretched computer game, firing up CMBO and watching their jaws thudding to the ground...

Plenty of ASLers who HAVE seen CMBO and were not impressed as well.  The experience of reading through hundreds of pages a rules written in legaleeze cannot be matched with a computer game - though the depths to which some here plumb the internals of CM via repeated testing is pretty unique too.

Edited by Dynaman216

10 minutes ago, wadepm said:

Tap, tap, tap.  Still nothing...but very soon.

I recently happened across my copy of PanzerBlitz when reorganizing my games. Your avatar just reminded me. I found some supplemental counters in the box I made out of index card stock and very shaky 12 year old penmanship. An assault bridge or something from a General article or book I must have found in the library as a youth. =D

Edited by absolutmauser

6 minutes ago, absolutmauser said:

I recently happened across my copy of PanzerBlitz when reorganizing my games. Your avatar just reminded me. I found some supplemental counters in the box I made out of index card stock and very shaky 12 year old penmanship. An assault bridge or something from a General article or book I must have found in the library as a youth. =D

+1  Cool story.  I remember making additional unit types using the blank counters as a kid also. 

I bet you could take your skills and design scenarios ................  Securing a bridge across a river or something...............:)

I did the same. The "GI Anvil of Victory: Squad Leader copy I bought as a 13 year old had a blank US officer counter that I added my name to. Which wrapped around the edges of the counter, and was far less well-executed than I had hoped.

Also finding some blank hex sheets that were around 16x20" allowed me to start making my own maps. That was when things became really interesting for me, and I'm still doing it in my whatever the heck age I am.

16 hours ago, absolutmauser said:

Same.

The good news is the trade deadline is Monday 3:00pm eastern and we've thankfully run out of Senator players to trade to the Blue Jackets. Stone also seems to be still on the team... crossing fingers he'll sign as opposed to be given away for a bag of pucks.

While most teams tank to secure the first overall pick in the draft - my Sens do this when they DON'T!

Is Melnyk gone yet?

On 2/23/2019 at 8:58 AM, benpark said:

I did the same. The "GI Anvil of Victory: Squad Leader copy I bought as a 13 year old had a blank US officer counter that I added my name to. Which wrapped around the edges of the counter, and was far less well-executed than I had hoped.

Also finding some blank hex sheets that were around 16x20" allowed me to start making my own maps. That was when things became really interesting for me, and I'm still doing it in my whatever the heck age I am.

Beside me, retrieved this summer prior to a house sale, are two boxes containing my ASL collection (full set of mounted boards for the original series). Also in there is the game that set me on the path for that and to end up here: Squad Leader. It had been years since I'd seen the stuff.  My first thoughts when looking at it were:

1. God, this stuff is cool!
  2. I don't remember the print being this small. How tiny the counters are! Oh, man, I need a zoom key...

2 hours ago, Howler said:

The good news is the trade deadline is Monday 3:00pm eastern and we've thankfully run out of Senator players to trade to the Blue Jackets. Stone also seems to be still on the team... crossing fingers he'll sign as opposed to be given away for a bag of pucks.

While most teams tank to secure the first overall pick in the draft - my Sens do this when they DON'T!

Is Melnyk gone yet?

Lol...
My Flyers really want Stone as well... How aboot two bags of pucks, Gostisbehere +, and Gritty (Stone has to sign an extension though)? 🤗

Edited by Blazing 88's

1 hour ago, Macisle said:

Beside me, retrieved this summer prior to a house sale, are two boxes containing my ASL collection (full set of mounted boards for the original series). Also in there is the game that set me on the path for that and to end up here: Squad Leader. It had been years since I'd seen the stuff.  My first thoughts when looking at it were:

1. God, this stuff is cool!
  2. I don't remember the print being this small. How tiny the counters are! Oh, man, I need a zoom key...

The newer stuff is written with a larger font.  Very few actual rules changes (you could easily play it with the first edition rules still) but the needs of the fan base are factoring in to the reprints...

5 minutes ago, Dynaman216 said:

The newer stuff is written with a larger font.  Very few actual rules changes (you could easily play it with the first edition rules still) but the needs of the fan base are factoring in to the reprints...

The rules are 1st edition, but I've got some MMP additions, along with some of the cardstock maps. Main problem for my aging eyes is the counters, which are mostly 1st edition, but with some MMP counters.

Oh, funny thing on the counters, when I bought my copy of the MMP Hollow Legions module,  the counters were printed a bit off-center. So, I asked for replacements. Those were a bit off-center as well, so they sent me final replacements that are standard. So, for those less anal retentive than myself, my copy of HL has triple counters.🙂