CMRT Module 1 Bones

2 hours ago, BFCElvis said:

Geez guys.....Please...not today of all days. I'm in the middle of a personal tragedy and am in no mood to babysit right now...So please cool it. Thanks.

Sorry to hear that.  Hope that you can focus on yourself and forget all the silly stuff here for a while...

• 4 weeks later...
On 2/6/2020 at 11:06 PM, MikeyD said:

Everything else is a political hot potato. differing factions would become enraged and offended at the least little error in the history, they'd get even MORE mad for being too historically accurate!

Here we go again...

• 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...
On 11/23/2020 at 11:54 PM, Vacilllator said:

Last I heard was the date below, but I imagine that was just  @BFCElvis deflecting the question 😉 (and who would blame him?):

I would. I didn't ask for an exact release date, just an update on the progress and an expected period of release. Steve announced that the module will definitely be released this year, so answering my question shouldn't be too hard. Telling us that work on the scenarios and campaigns is progressing is hardly information in my opinion.

But hey, a new ww2 tank sim has appeared, called Tank Crew, that will keep us busy this winter.

Edited by Aragorn2002

3 hours ago, Aragorn2002 said:

I would. I didn't ask for an exact release date, just an update on the progress and an expected period of release. Steve announced that the module will definitely be released this year, so answering my question shouldn't be too hard. Telling us that work on the scenarios and campaigns is progressing is hardly information in my opinion.

But hey, a new ww2 tank sim has appeared, called Tank Crew, that will keep us busy this winter.

Fair enough, I do see your point of view.

Yes, thanks for the reminder about Tank Crew.  Saw it a while ago and forgot about it, but I like the old Il2 stuff and this tank 'version' looks good. 

As for other good tanks sims, these was T34 vs Tiger to which Tank Crew looks quite similar, but the publisher didn't last long.  Also there were some decent mods to Steel Fury which added lots of tanks to the base game. 

Anyway might have to dust off my TrackIR for Tank Crew - I assume its supported like in the flight sims, it seems to be in some of the videos. 

Has anyone on here tried Tank Crew?  Perhaps a separate thread is required...

Edited by Vacilllator

I have tried Tank Crew, you get detailed tank models, can man different crew stations and it can be played in VR. It is cool to play.

note however that it has a totally different focus than CM, there is no infantry, artillery, support units, other vehicles like you have in CM, so you can’t model actual combined arms battles as in CM, just tank vs tank combat.

3 hours ago, Bulletpoint said:

Thanks for the heads up... looks interesting. I always wondered why nobody made a good WW2 tank simulator. This might be it.

I think it is. It is part of IL-2 GREAT BATTLES SERIES and those games are very well made and realistic. And they release new stuff on a regular basis.

43 minutes ago, Sgt Joch said:

I have tried Tank Crew, you get detailed tank models, can man different crew stations and it can be played in VR. It is cool to play.

note however that it has a totally different focus than CM, there is no infantry, artillery, support units, other vehicles like you have in CM, so you can’t model actual combined arms battles as in CM, just tank vs tank combat.

Yes, it is a diferent game, but as Bulletpoint pointed out, this is the first decent WW2 tank sim ever. Lot of tank sims, but all buggy and abandoned after a while. These guys however will finish what they start and will probably add lots of new features, tanks, maps etc.

Edited by Aragorn2002

33 minutes ago, Sgt Joch said:

Thanks.  Who needs pesky infantry trying to knock you out as well as enemy tanks and planes anyway 😉.

I would have thought AT guns could be included more easily if they aren't already?

13 minutes ago, Vacilllator said:

Thanks.  Who needs pesky infantry trying to knock you out as well as enemy tanks and planes anyway 😉.

I would have thought AT guns could be included more easily if they aren't already?

It's a start. And it looks like a damned good one. To support them I'm going to buy it. I'm pretty sure this game will become a classic. And it does contain planes, I've noticed.

Edited by Aragorn2002

1 hour ago, Sgt Joch said:

Nothing can compare to CM in complexity and completness, that's for sure. But Tank Crew looks like an excellent addition.

1 hour ago, Aragorn2002 said:

Nothing can compare to CM in complexity and completness, that's for sure. But Tank Crew looks like an excellent addition.

I've been playing Tank Crew since it was in pre release, and it does have AT guns, artillery pieces, (you can't call for fire though), HT mounted infantry, MGs, 2 campaigns, (Kursk from both sides) that have 10 missions apiece, and air support. It's the best WWII tank sim since Panzer Elite IMHO.

1 hour ago, Splinty said:

I've been playing Tank Crew since it was in pre release, and it does have AT guns, artillery pieces, (you can't call for fire though), HT mounted infantry, MGs, 2 campaigns, (Kursk from both sides) that have 10 missions apiece, and air support. It's the best WWII tank sim since Panzer Elite IMHO.

Good to hear. Those people don't mess around. If they make a game, they make a good one. I remember Panzer Elite. Together with Panzer Commander it was great fun.

9 minutes ago, Vacilllator said:

Yes me too I think.  Although they have had a lot of my support on earlier Il2 stuff over the years, I would of course like them to continue with tanks.

Did you watch the movies about the Prochorovka campaign on youtube? Makes you feel like you're there.