CMRT Module 1 Bones

41 minutes ago, MOS:96B2P said:

This is true.  Having said that I must repeat what I've said in the past.  You, @Bulletpoint and several others speak / understand English better than some native English speakers.  Until you advised otherwise, on some post, I had always assumed you were a native English speaker that had relocated to the Netherlands for work or something.  Very impressive.  If you are not already an interpreter of some sort I'm sure you could get a job as one and do very well at it.    

You are always a gentleman. Thank you for your kind words.

I work w sometimes a woman from Mexico, remotely.   She got her PhD at Oxford, and has perfect Oxford style English.  It was only after a couple meetings that I learned she was in office in Guadalahara, and was native Mexican.  I was sure she was from England.  her English is way more gooder than mine

1 hour ago, MOS:96B2P said:

This is true.  Having said that I must repeat what I've said in the past.  You, @Bulletpoint and several others speak / understand English better than some native English speakers.  Until you advised otherwise, on some post, I had always assumed you were a native English speaker that had relocated to the Netherlands for work or something.  Very impressive.  If you are not already an interpreter of some sort I'm sure you could get a job as one and do very well at it.    

My wife is Japanese and has lived in the US for over 20 years now. She still has issues with some of my jokes. Obviously an issue with her English.  😁

7 minutes ago, sburke said:

My wife is Japanese and has lived in the US for over 20 years now. She still has issues with some of my jokes. Obviously an issue with her English.  😁

Careful, my friend.  Your going to get in trouble, get yourself grounded, and not be able to come out and play.............. :D  :lol:.  

25 minutes ago, sburke said:

My wife is from Afghanistan, her dutch is excellent, her English pretty bad and spoken with a heavy accent. Last month we travelled through Cambodia, Vietnam and Thailand. At many occassions i couldn't understand the accent of those lovely Asians, but my wife understood their English pronunciation perfectly. She was constantly translating for me and the people we spoke with must have thought i didn't speak English. A very sobering experience. My wife enjoyed herself tremendously...

Edited by Aragorn2002

On 6/1/2018 at 5:38 AM, Battlefront.com said:

I think it's the right time to give you Eastern Front nuts something to chew on.  So here's a couple of bones for you!

Although CMSF2 and CMFI Rome to Victory (R2V) development has occupied our time over the last year and a half, we've managed to do a few other things at the same time.  The one you're all interested in is the first Module for CMRT.  Let me tell you a bit about it.

Module 1 (name TBD) picks up where the Base Game left off in Poland.  Follow the Red Army across the border into the Third Reich's home turf and eventually straight into Berlin.  The Module will contain:

• Waffen SS, Luftwaffe, Kriegsmarine, and Volkssturm forces as well as the progression of standard Heer formations
  • Soviets didn't change much after Bagration because, well, they didn't need to!  Plus, it would have been very disruptive to do so.  However, there's still a few new things we can give you to play with.  The big one is the Lend Lease armed tank forces sporting Valentines and Shermans.
  • New Regions that are tailored to the different battlefields fought over in the final months of the war
  • Winter terrain, graphics, and weather effects
  • New terrain to better portray the area generally, but also its ruined state
  • Massive Berlin map
  • 2 Campaigns and a bunch of stand alone battles
  • Oh, and some crazy late war German stuff that nobody ever cares anything about

Sounds pretty cool, doesn't it?  We think so ;)  When will it be available to you?  As always we have to be vague about it, however we're very sure it will be before the end of the year.  We'll know much better after CMFI R2V is out the door, which happens after CMSF2 is in your hands.

Now onto the visual portion of the Bone...

CM Red Thunder Bone 1.jpgCM Red Thunder Bone 2.jpgCM Red Thunder Bone 3.jpgCM Red Thunder Bone 4jpg.jpgCM Red Thunder Bone 5.jpg

'We're very sure it will be before the end of this year'...Let's hope so.

Edited by Aragorn2002

On 6/1/2018 at 5:38 AM, Battlefront.com said:

Module 1 (name TBD) picks up where the Base Game left off in Poland.  Follow the Red Army across the border into the Third Reich's home turf and eventually straight into Berlin.

No Courland Pocket..? 😢

• 2 weeks later...

One of the things I remember best from books about Soviets entering germany:  Russian soldiers would later say how shocked they were at how even the poorest farmhouses were like mansions compared to what they had in Russia.  And they wondered why a country that was so rich felt it necessary to invade one that was so poor.  Those screenshots reminded me of that.

Can't wait for the new module!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

As IanL says, no date estimate, but I've be surprised if it came out before mid 2020, and later is certainly possible.  Note that the various quotes in this thread that "'We're very sure it will be before the end of this year" are referring to 2018, so that I would not give any weight to that at all.

• 4 weeks later...
20 hours ago, Artkin said:

1 year later.... lmao.... wtf 

Not sure what's funny. When they gave us some bones this module was not even number three in the list of stuff they were working on. So yeah it's not done yet. There is no surprise there so I'm not sure why you are surprised.

Oh wait it's fake surprise just to be a troll. That makes more sense.