CMRT Module 1 Bones

3 hours ago, Sequoia said:

@76MM I think after the Red Thunder module, Black Sea content with Marines, both U.S. and Russian is next.

OK, and I forgot that their is another CMFB module as well. 

So modules for CMRT, CMBS, CMFB and SF2...I wonder roughly how long for those, and then what?  My concern is that these 4 modules will take another 3-4 years.  

23 minutes ago, benpark said:

Hold up now. What? Quote please- as Steve being "in the dark" about anything around here would be most odd- particularly as we have been in contact through all these long years of development.

Yeah. Whatever.

1 hour ago, Sequoia said:

I've heard of no plans for another Shock Force 2 module. Did I miss something?

Heh, I'm not sure that I have either--I don't even have SF2--I think I just assumed one, since it is the newest game.  Sorry if I got you all excited!

Edited by 76mm

1 hour ago, highlandcharge said:

Before I buy anymore modules I would like to see the wierd infantry evasion bug/behavior fixed... It's a real game wrecker for me, I have stopped playing because of it 😞

If it's a bug, they will fix it. No reason not to buy modules anymore. BF is not the sort of company that tolerates bugs in their games.

17 minutes ago, Aragorn2002 said:

If it's a bug, they will fix it. No reason not to buy modules anymore. BF is not the sort of company that tolerates bugs in their games.

True BF is correct and listening to theirs fans ...with this sentence you just received the gratitude of BF Aragorn 2002 ;)

1 hour ago, 3j2m7 said:

True BF is correct and listening to theirs fans ...with this sentence you just received the gratitude of BF Aragorn 2002 ;)

I doubt that, 3j2m7. And I'm also not seeking for that.  I don't care what they think of me. I'm totally fed up with being kept in the dark about the CMRT module.

Just an answer to my question above will do nicely.

Edited by Aragorn2002

30 minutes ago, Aragorn2002 said:

I doubt that, 3j2m7. And I'm also not seeking for that.  I don't care what they think of me. I'm totally fed up with being kept in the dark about the CMRT module.

Just an answer to my question above will do nicely.

...stop being grumpy and take my words as a sign of friendship that admires your franchise on the forum !

Yes WE would like to know a little more about CMRT yes and hope to don't be disappointed cos we are waiting soooo... long seem that  R2V CMFI dont bring too much news  for the time ! Hope to see more in CMRT... 

And now sorry but I go back to listening the Cure concert in Madrid...

3 minutes ago, 3j2m7 said:

...stop being grumpy and take my words as a sign of friendship that admires your franchise on the forum !

Yes WE would like to know a little more about CMRT yes and hope to don't be disappointed cos we are waiting soooo... long seem that  R2V CMFI dont bring too much news  for the time ! Hope to see more in CMRT... 

And now sorry but I go back to listening the Cure concert in Madrid...

😀

Have fun, my friend.

After the CMFI module is the one thing you need to focus on. No dates are given for all the same reasons Steve has always stated. So make up your own, it doesn't matter. It's done when it is done, and when it can be done. This has been said ad infinitum. The song remains the same.

55 minutes ago, Aragorn2002 said:

So the end of this year still stands. Thanks Benpark.

Well, technically in that post they were talking about the end of 2018 AFAIK ("...however we're very sure it will be before the end of the year."), but whatever...

26 minutes ago, benpark said:

After the CMFI module is the one thing you need to focus on. No dates are given for all the same reasons Steve has always stated. So make up your own, it doesn't matter. It's done when it is done, and when it can be done. This has been said ad infinitum. The song remains the same.

Indeed.  But given that we've been waiting for this module for more than five years, the last status update was almost fifteen months ago, and the main milestones noted in that post (release of SF2 & R2V) have now been achieved, I don't think that it is unreasonable to request a revised estimate.  And maybe it is just me, but frankly I find the "make up  your own, it doesn't matter" response a little disrespectful to long-time Battlefront supporters and fans.

The CMRT subforum has been dead as a doornail for years now (yesterday I noted that long time forum denizen JasonC hasn't even visited the site in three years...), and if nothing else  some news might spark a little activity here.

1 hour ago, 76mm said:

Well, technically in that post they were talking about the end of 2018 AFAIK ("...however we're very sure it will be before the end of the year."), but whatever...

Indeed.  But given that we've been waiting for this module for more than five years, the last status update was almost fifteen months ago, and the main milestones noted in that post (release of SF2 & R2V) have now been achieved, I don't think that it is unreasonable to request a revised estimate.  And maybe it is just me, but frankly I find the "make up  your own, it doesn't matter" response a little disrespectful to long-time Battlefront supporters and fans.

The CMRT subforum has been dead as a doornail for years now (yesterday I noted that long time forum denizen JasonC hasn't even visited the site in three years...), and if nothing else  some news might spark a little activity here.

Well said, 76mm. Unfortunately a respectful tone towards forum members isn't a strongpoint of BF. I don't expect it anymore. I also don't care to be honest, but the lack of decent info still makes me angry. 

Edited by Aragorn2002

5 hours ago, Aragorn2002 said:

Well said, 76mm. Unfortunately a respectful tone towards forum members isn't a strongpoint of BF. I don't expect it anymore. I also don't care to be honest, but the lack of decent info still makes me angry. 

😖

On 7/13/2019 at 12:35 AM, CarlWAW said:

IMO they are just milking the tiny fanbase and keep it somewhat on life support with empty promises and when the shop turns permanently cashflow negative, the shop will be closed and you will hear: sorry folks, after such a long time it's time to move on.

And the fanboys will believe that, too and say "THANK YOU!" for betraying and lying to us for years. 😍

If you only play one game, it may seem a long time between Christmases, but CMSF came out in 2007 and in that time we've had:

CMSF, + 3 modules
CMBN, + 3 modules and a pack
CMFI, + 1 module
CMRT
CMBS
CMSF2 (that's been loads of fun!)

...plus 2 more modules on the way apparently quite soon.

That's 14 games and modules in 12 years, plus 3 upgrades. That doesn't seem too bad. I've had plenty to play with, although I'm looking forward to the next 2 modules.

I mean - I could wish for more, and there have been some quiet spells, but all up it's still kept me more engaged by far than an any game I've ever played.

Edited by Freyberg

44 minutes ago, Sgt.Squarehead said:

How much more do you really expect them to be able to do?

First of all, all that I have specifically asked them to do (actually I only seconded Aragorn's request) is to provide a revised release estimate for the CMRT module.  And yes, I expect them to be able to do that at this point.

More broadly, Freyberg is correct that there have been a fair number of releases since SF was released...unfortunately I have zero interest in modern warfare so have not bought CMBS or SF2.  I have bought most of the WWII content to support Battlefront, but don't actually play anything other than CMRT.  

Although by now I don't really play CMRT either...the fact is that in my view, there just isn't five year's worth of play in CMRT.  With a limited number of formations/vehicles, no snow, etc., it has gone a bit stale.  I'm not really complaining about value-for-money--I would have happily bought all the East Front content that Battlefront brought out--but there has simply been nothing to buy.  And as stated previously, I am a bit disappointed that when the CMRT module does finally come out, it seems that it will mainly consist of late-war content recycled from other games/modules.  I'll certainly buy it, but won't be as excited as I would have liked.

So that's it.  I understand that Battlefront has a business to run, so I'm not angry, I'm not bitter, but admit to being disappointed, and wish that Battlefront could figure out a way to outsource more (Models?  Art?  Maps?) to allow them to create more content, more quickly.  At this point, however, for whatever reason this does not appear likely, so I guess I'll have to find another way to get my East Front fix.

Maybe I'm alone in these opinions, but the fact that this subforum is so dead suggests that I am not, and that many players have moved on by now.  

Edited by 76mm