CMRT Module 1 Bones

10 minutes ago, benpark said:

It's not. But there will be scenarios within the city itself. The battle itself has always been of interest to me, so I have my particular areas I want to cover within the larger battle.

There will be plenty of other venues, have no fear. Again, the screenshots Steve released show a fraction of that.

Perhaps time for some new screenies to sweeten the bitter pill of delay?

Edited by Aragorn2002

3 minutes ago, benpark said:

Constant.

Near? Getting things done daily, but we also have 2 games/modules ahead of this one. I feel really good about what's been done up to now, so the foundation is solidly poured.

I'm confident the module is in good hands with you. But as a hardcore Ostfronter i find the absence of some sort of release date difficult to stomach.

4 minutes ago, benpark said:

When we get the next batch of art assets slotted in, I'll ask Steve if we can put up a few more pics. There is a lot of new stuff done, but it needs to be coded in as any other new model or texture might be.

Would be  much appreciated, thank you.

6 hours ago, Aragorn2002 said:

I'm confident the module is in good hands with you. But as a hardcore Ostfronter i find the absence of some sort of release date difficult to stomach.

Have some Pepto-Bismol for the time being. Quality doesn't get churned quickly, but we are ever mindful of time.

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/16/2018 at 8:27 PM, benpark said:

When we get the next batch of art assets slotted in, I'll ask Steve if we can put up a few more pics. There is a lot of new stuff done, but it needs to be coded in as any other new model or texture might be.

I would like to see some winter landscape, German/Hungarian buildings, Volksgrenadiers, Waffen SS and LL-vehicles if possible. And perhaps some of those 'crazy' vehicles Steve talked about some time ago (251/22, 234/4 etc.).

1 AWP would be nice to have. It would give another red force to use, and Polish voices are already in the engine. TOE and OOB are very similar to the Russians, so not much to be done on that side.

A fair bit easier than adding Hungarians, Romanians and Bulgarians, and for both sides too!

• 1 month later...

So can we expect something like the battle of Berlin and fight for the Reichstag.   Also between June and September 1944, the Wehrmacht had lost more than a million men, and it lacked the fuel and armaments needed to operate effectively.  The Supreme Commander [Western] Allied Expeditionary Force, General Eisenhower lost interest in the race to Berlin and saw no further need to suffer casualties by attacking a city that would be in the Soviet sphere of influence after the war,[ envisioning excessive friendly fire if both armies attempted to occupy the city at once.

Smart move on Eisenhower's part.  The USA would have likely suffered accordingly.  These big self propelled guns look like they weigh quite a bit.  Big boom...203 mm.

Bundesarchiv_B_145_Bild-P054320,_Berlin,_Brandenburger_Tor_und_Pariser_Platz.jpg

29a-boi-za-berlin-video..jpg

images (1).jpg

Ack! Looking at those Volkssturm weapons makes me want to post screenshots of the new weapons in the module. They're my babies and I'm proud of them. But everything in its own good time. Steve's got too many irons in the fire at the moment to concern himself with throwing bones to the hungry hounds. Can't jump the gun (so to speak).

On 12/28/2018 at 10:11 AM, markus544 said:

Smart move on Eisenhower's part.  The USA would have likely suffered accordingly.

Aye, that it was. Same goes for D-day. If Ike rushed, it could have ended like Dieppe. Monty rushed, and he got Operation Market Garden. The Soviets didn't rush (pun resist check succeeded) Bagration, and that worked. Lots of costly missteps in Berlin, though. Just because you can, doesn't mean you should. One of the reasons Patton didn't get a fifth star.

I always loved how all the Berlin signs in the foreground of old newsreel footage of the Soviet assault into the city - the signs are always sprayed up with bullets.  Of course most probably are from combat but in my minds eye I like imagining drunken Soviet soldiers taking potshots at the signs as they rumble in holding onto T34s.

• 1 month later...

Hello everybody.

I swung back by to see how all you fine folks are doing.

Now I see another CMRT Winter Mod is being talked about. 3 years since my heart attack. All that time off while recuperating allowed me to collaborate with so many fine folks to help create that mod. 

I have indeed missed CM, all the comradeship and creativity.

Looking forward to the CMRT Module...

~Phil