US halftracks would be appropriate. IIRC for all you old Panzerblitz players, they were not widely used for infantry transport in Mech brigades as portrayed in that game, but rather for use in Recon battalions. I'm sure someone will set me straight if that's not right.

"Sounds pretty cool, doesn't it?  We think so ;)  When will it be available to you?  As always we have to be vague about it, however we're very sure it will be before the end of the year.  We'll know much better after CMFI R2V is out the door, which happens after CMSF2 is in your hands."

This is the most amazing part: a release THIS YEAR?

So, BF hasn't turned-out anything since April 2017, but they're going to be releasing three major base game/modules within the next six months?  They've never done anything like that before.  Unbelievably awesome!  However, I have to admit that I'm skeptical as to that except for the "unbelievably" part.

I'm thrilled we've gotten some concrete info.  I'll definitely pre-order both R2V and the CMRT module (I'll skip CMSF2 because I've never purchased any of their hypo modern titles), but I'll be shocked if we do indeed see all three by year's end.  However, I dearly hope they prove me wrong.

It'll be easier to gauge once we see how long it takes the FI module to be released once we get SF2. If we don't see Rome by the end of September, I doubt RT will make it before 2019.

Mord.

It would be nice to have ski troops in the next CMRT winter module and as it is now each movement ends with my pixeltruppen slide/skate the last few meters of the movment so that will look great with skies on 😄.

Wow! Just think of the possibilities with what we already have, think Commonwealth Operation Veritable and US Operation Grenade on the flooded Rhine. The Sturmtiger was actually used against Veritable. Cromwells, Crocodiles, DUWKs, Ram Kangaroos, Wasps, all kinds of stuff!