Jump to content

Recommended Posts

US halftracks would be appropriate. IIRC for all you old Panzerblitz players, they were not widely used for infantry transport in Mech brigades as portrayed in that game, but rather for use in Recon battalions. I'm sure someone will set me straight if that's not right.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"Sounds pretty cool, doesn't it?  We think so ;)  When will it be available to you?  As always we have to be vague about it, however we're very sure it will be before the end of the year.  We'll know much better after CMFI R2V is out the door, which happens after CMSF2 is in your hands."

This is the most amazing part: a release THIS YEAR?

So, BF hasn't turned-out anything since April 2017, but they're going to be releasing three major base game/modules within the next six months?  They've never done anything like that before.  Unbelievably awesome!  However, I have to admit that I'm skeptical as to that except for the "unbelievably" part.

I'm thrilled we've gotten some concrete info.  I'll definitely pre-order both R2V and the CMRT module (I'll skip CMSF2 because I've never purchased any of their hypo modern titles), but I'll be shocked if we do indeed see all three by year's end.  However, I dearly hope they prove me wrong.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It'll be easier to gauge once we see how long it takes the FI module to be released once we get SF2. If we don't see Rome by the end of September, I doubt RT will make it before 2019.

 

Mord.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It would be nice to have ski troops in the next CMRT winter module and as it is now each movement ends with my pixeltruppen slide/skate the last few meters of the movment so that will look great with skies on 😄.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wow! Just think of the possibilities with what we already have, think Commonwealth Operation Veritable and US Operation Grenade on the flooded Rhine. The Sturmtiger was actually used against Veritable. Cromwells, Crocodiles, DUWKs, Ram Kangaroos, Wasps, all kinds of stuff! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, =Marder= said:

What about Flak towers?

Will there be Flak towers with 88´s?

That is pretty unlikely. Specific buildings like the Brandenburger Tor, Reichstag and Flak towers weren't even included in CMBB.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Ivan Zaitzev said:

We have seen iconic bridges like Arnhem and Primosole, so you never know, they might expand that to buildings

That would be sweet. Also larger bridges (like the ones at Arnhem and Nijmegen) in the CMRT module would be very interesting.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Would be happy to see large bridges but don't care much about flak towers...  And still really hoping for partisans!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Aragorn2002 said:

That is pretty unlikely. Specific buildings like the Brandenburger Tor, Reichstag and Flak towers weren't even included in CMBB.

But how can you have a attack on Berlin without flak towers? There iconic behemoth that did play a important part in the defense and where pretty spooky as if not impossibel to attack.

Think about the Zoo tower. last point of defense for the third reich troops trying to brake out of the siege.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, =Marder= said:

But how can you have a attack on Berlin without flak towers? There iconic behemoth that did play a important part in the defense and where pretty spooky as if not impossibel to attack.

Think about the Zoo tower. last point of defense for the third reich troops trying to brake out of the siege.

CM doesn't do specific buildings, I'm afraid. I agree Flak towers would be cool, but don't count on it. Is that Zoo tower still there btw?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, =Marder= said:

But how can you have a attack on Berlin without flak towers? There iconic behemoth that did play a important part in the defense and where pretty spooky as if not impossibel to attack.

This module is not all about Berlin.  And how can you have Bagration and Warsaw without partisans?

Also, as far as I know, huge swaths of Berlin were not adjacent to a flak tower, and IIRC many of the ones that were there were not attacked directly, but rather subjected to massive artillery barrages.

Interesting pix from the S-Bahn, I took that train to work every day when I lived in Berlin...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, 76mm said:

This module is not all about Berlin.  And how can you have Bagration and Warsaw without partisans?

Also, as far as I know, huge swaths of Berlin were not adjacent to a flak tower, and IIRC many of the ones that were there were not attacked directly, but rather subjected to massive artillery barrages.

Interesting pix from the S-Bahn, I took that train to work every day when I lived in Berlin...

The most attractive battles with the new module will for me be situated in Eastern Prussia, Courland, Hungary, Silesia, Saxony and so on. The battle of Berlin was nothing more than a massacre against an already beaten enemy. Not the slightest balance in forces anymore. Apart from that is CM not at it's best in urban warfare. Hopefully that will change before we reach Stalingrad, but that's for a far away future, I guess.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Aragorn2002 said:

The battle of Berlin was nothing more than a massacre against an already beaten enemy. Not the slightest balance in forces anymore.

Strategically, sure. Tactically, you can almost always find gameable scenarios.

(Take the fight over the Gestapo headquarters, Soviet assault, followed by a successful Waffen-SS counterattack - anything that with a situation that fluid can't really be described as "nothing more than a massacre".)

Edited by domfluff

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, domfluff said:

Strategically, sure. Tactically, you can almost always find gameable scenarios.

(Take the fight over the Gestapo headquarters, Soviet assault, followed by a successful Waffen-SS counterattack - anything that with a situation that fluid can't really be described as "nothing more than a massacre".)

True enough, but the other battles I've described are so much more interesting and challenging. I hope Berlin doesn't get too much attention at the expense of other battlefields.

Edited by Aragorn2002

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh, quite so, I just don't think it's wise to paint the whole thing as a grind, when there are going to be interesting things to play around with (albeit  bleak, in all directions).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, domfluff said:

Oh, quite so, I just don't think it's wise to paint the whole thing as a grind, when there are going to be interesting things to play around with (albeit  bleak, in all directions).

You are right of course. To each his own. I always have a fairly strong preference. Sometimes too strong. 🙂

Edited by Aragorn2002

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/15/2018 at 8:22 AM, Aragorn2002 said:

True enough, but the other battles I've described are so much more interesting and challenging. I hope Berlin doesn't get too much attention at the expense of other battlefields.

It's not. But there will be scenarios within the city itself. The battle itself has always been of interest to me, so I have my particular areas I want to cover within the larger battle.

There will be plenty of other venues, have no fear. Again, the screenshots Steve released show a fraction of that.

Edited by benpark

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×