CMRT Module 1 Bones

6 hours ago, Erwin said:

For whatever it's worth, those minor countries seems to be the most popular nations and units for CM1 tournament games.  That's about all we've been playing with at WeBOB for the last 4-5 years.  

Well, I hope they will return in a Stalingrad game sooner or later. Hungarians had some amazing vehicles against the end of the war btw.

I'm reminded of my old hobby modeling days where, in surveys, the most popular vehicle was always 'not-in-kit-form-yet'. Kit builders clamored for a Cromwell kit then when it arrived it was met with a collective shrug. Being out of reach had made it more appealing than actually having it.  BFC suffers from the same syndrome. No matter what is supplied there's always going to be that one 'not-in-the-game-yet' thing tantalizingly just beyond our reach

My only deep desire is for a CM:Afrika Korps game.  I know BF has been disinterested in that idea.  But, it always seemed to be a very popular topic with the wargamers I used to know.   

And much of the work re models and uniforms may already be done for CMFI and its modules.  We already have CMSF's desert terrain and buildings.

13 hours ago, MikeyD said:

I'm reminded of my old hobby modeling days where, in surveys, the most popular vehicle was always 'not-in-kit-form-yet'. Kit builders clamored for a Cromwell kit then when it arrived it was met with a collective shrug. Being out of reach had made it more appealing than actually having it.  BFC suffers from the same syndrome. No matter what is supplied there's always going to be that one 'not-in-the-game-yet' thing tantalizingly just beyond our reach

There's definitely truth in what you say, but that's human nature. :) We're creedy and spoiled.

On the other hand it also shows the confidence people have in the future of a game that always gives them what they want. I don't see the harm in that. Some of you guys are so over protective with regard to BF. In the defence by the slightest request or comment. Not really necessary, I  think.

Personally I'm very happy and satisfied with CMRT and the coming module. It's my favorite period of the war in my favorite theater of war. But that doesn't mean I can't discuss my hopes for the future, does it?

Another pitch for the partisans:  it seems like most of the other additions (German and Lend-Lease vehicles, some of the German troops) were probably ported over from the other games/modules (CMFB, etc.), so it would be great to get something truly new in this module!

21 minutes ago, Erwin said:

LOL.   thought you were being clever in the use of the description "creed" when it comes to the fanaticism we occsionally see here.

https://www.google.com/search?q=creed&oq=creed&aqs=chrome..69i57j0l5.1207j0j8&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

Ha! :) No, it was just me being sloppy. It ain't always easy to communicate in another language.

Edited by Aragorn2002

8 hours ago, 76mm said:

Another pitch for the partisans

+1 This.  A lot of cool things can be done with partisans..........

8 hours ago, Aragorn2002 said:

Ha! :) No, it was just me being sloppy. It ain't always easy to communicate in another language.

Wow.  So English is not your primary language?  All this time reading your posts on the forum and I had no idea.  Thought you were from the US but living in Europe for some reason.  Your understanding of English is much better than many native speakers.  Very impressive.    

Edited by MOS:96B2P

4 hours ago, MOS:96B2P said:

A lot of cool things can be done with partisans..........   

Yep. You can stand 'em up against a wall and shoot 'em, and not have to worry about the cost of guarding them in a POW camp or feeding them. Exits stage right -------------------->                         Tongue firmly in cheek.             

6 minutes ago, Warts 'n' all said:

Yep. You can stand 'em up against a wall and shoot 'em, and not have to worry about the cost of guarding them in a POW camp or feeding them. Exits stage right -------------------->                         Tongue firmly in cheek.             

:o ..................... :D :lol:        

20 minutes ago, Sequoia said:

What is MOS96B2p (from a former 13E) ?

96B was Intelligence Analyst.  I worked in the G2 of the 82nd Airborne (in the TOC when we were in the field).  96B was changed after my ETS to 35F I think. 

13E ............... Communications for artillery?  

13E= Field artillery fire direction control. Not sure if the MOS number has changed since my days (late 70's). Back then we still mostly used specialized slide rules and protractors with charts, as the stove sized computer (FADAC) would usually quit working whenever the track (M577) took a big bump.

7 hours ago, MOS:96B2P said:

Your grasped of English is much better than many native speakers.

For example...

Seriously tho', your TOC concepts would work well for WW2 German anti-partisan ops in East Front.

Edited by Erwin

14 hours ago, MOS:96B2P said:

Wow.  So English is not your primary language?  All this time reading your posts on the forum and I had no idea.  Thought you were from the US but living in Europe for some reason.  Your understanding of English is much better than many native speakers.  Very impressive.    

Kind of you to say that. Thank you. :)

On ‎05‎/‎06‎/‎2018 at 8:21 PM, Battlefront.com said:

For the most part they were, by nature, hit and run forces that didn't tend to stick around for open combat.  In a way similar to the Unconventional Forces found in CMSF1/CMSF2.  Large scale military encounters were, however, routine on the Eastern Front and Yugoslavia (which, of course, we don't cover).  Partisans could be introduced in Pack form to CMBN, CMFI, or CMRT.

Steve

Just do it!  B)

21 hours ago, MOS:96B2P said:

96B was Intelligence Analyst.  I worked in the G2 of the 82nd Airborne (in the TOC when we were in the field).  96B was changed after my ETS to 35F I think. 

13E ............... Communications for artillery?  

That explains a certain scenario concept. :D

On 6/8/2018 at 11:20 PM, Aragorn2002 said:

There's definitely truth in what you say, but that's human nature. :) We're creedy and spoiled.

On the other hand it also shows the confidence people have in the future of a game that always gives them what they want. I don't see the harm in that. Some of you guys are so over protective with regard to BF. In the defence by the slightest request or comment. Not really necessary, I  think.

Personally I'm very happy and satisfied with CMRT and the coming module. It's my favorite period of the war in my favorite theater of war. But that doesn't mean I can't discuss my hopes for the future, does it?

Like a schwimmagen?  Lol I am really surprised that it hasn’t come up recently now that we have amphibious vehicles. Or the DUKW.  There are certain campaigns like the Scheldt estuary which could really use a couple additional capabilities /vehicles. One can hope. 

On 6/6/2018 at 8:34 AM, Aragorn2002 said:

And don't get me wrong I would welcome more units/vehicles for the Red Army too. I hope we will see the M2 and M3 halftrack too.

Steve or Benpark. No chance of getting that confirmed, I guess?