CMRT Module 1 Bones

For the most part they were, by nature, hit and run forces that didn't tend to stick around for open combat.  In a way similar to the Unconventional Forces found in CMSF1/CMSF2.  Large scale military encounters were, however, routine on the Eastern Front and Yugoslavia (which, of course, we don't cover).  Partisans could be introduced in Pack form to CMBN, CMFI, or CMRT.

Steve

14 minutes ago, Battlefront.com said:

For the most part they were, by nature, hit and run forces that didn't tend to stick around for open combat.  In a way similar to the Unconventional Forces found in CMSF1/CMSF2.  Large scale military encounters were, however, routine on the Eastern Front and Yugoslavia (which, of course, we don't cover).  Partisans could be introduced in Pack form to CMBN, CMFI, or CMRT.

Steve

Sounds good, Steve. More packs to expand the modules would be very welcome.

I would for instance gladly pay the full price for a Finnish army 1944 Pack. Are there any Finns left on the forum btw?

Edited by Aragorn2002

8 minutes ago, Aragorn2002 said:

Sounds good, Steve. More packs to expand the modules would be very welcome.

I would for instance gladly pay the full price for a Finnish army 1944 Pack. Are there any Finns left on the forum btw?

Aye, so would I. The arctic front is often forgotten and there are few, if any, games that explore it. Continuation War, Lapland War, battles of Finnmark and Petsamo, would make neat campaigns. Not a Finn, but my great grandmother was.

2 hours ago, snarre said:

you can make partisans missions all ready whit Editor if you want sou . 

• Sou (coin), historically, a French coin worth 5 centimes, and now slang for a coin of little value. Smackdown!  Kidding yeah I realize it is just a typo, just funny. 

I definitely would love to see Fins, Hungarians, Romanians, Partisans, in a pack/packs at some point. I love all the weird Axis minors and their kit.

Mord.

5 hours ago, Aragorn2002 said:

The CMRT module will be about the last battles in Eastern Germany and Hungary. Partisans didn't play much of a role there. Besides this module will already be packed with lots and lots of new units, vehicles, landscape etc. So let's stay realistic, guys. ;)

Actually, I thought the CMRT module was to flesh out the campaign reflected in CMRT and to extend it through the end of the war.  Partisans were actively involved in the campaign reflected in CMRT. 

And with all due respect, I see a lot of new German units, vehicles, etc.  Soviets get Lend-Lease vehicles, not clear how many.

2 hours ago, Mord said:

I definitely would love to see Fins, Hungarians, Romanians, Partisans, in a pack/packs at some point. I love all the weird Axis minors and their kit.

Mord.

Those are my number 1 wish.  (Technically, my number 4, 3, 1, and 2 wishes respectively).

2 hours ago, 76mm said:

Actually, I thought the CMRT module was to flesh out the campaign reflected in CMRT and to extend it through the end of the war.  Partisans were actively involved in the campaign reflected in CMRT. 

Yes, that's true.  However, that doesn't mean everything is included.  With CMBN, for example, the FJ weren't in the first Module, but instead with the Market Garden one.

Partisans might get in, they might not.  We're definitely focused more on what's needed to get the Soviets into Berlin rather than having some forest battles with Partisans in the prior Summer.

2 hours ago, 76mm said:

And with all due respect, I see a lot of new German units, vehicles, etc.  Soviets get Lend-Lease vehicles, not clear how many.

Yup, this is one of those releases that is by necessity unbalanced between sides.  It's similar to CMSF's Modules which added very little to the Syrians because there wasn't much left to add.  The Soviets do have a few new vehicles to play around with, and perhaps some tweaks to the TO&E, but generally speaking it's not much compared to the new forces the Germans are getting a hold of.  Blame STAVKA for not giving us more to work with :)

Steve

4 hours ago, 76mm said:

I agree that they could have been included in the CMRT game, which handles Bagration after all. Partisans played a huge role in those battles. And don't get me wrong I would welcome more units/vehicles for the Red Army too. I hope we will see the M2 and M3 halftrack too.

15 hours ago, snarre said:

im FIN :P , sure it would be nice to have Finland in CM but it is tjust side show , what happend here in WW2. 

I don't agree. Especially the Russian offensive in June 1944 and the following fighting was very intense. For Stalin it most certainly wasn't a side show. Taking Finland out of the war made the onslaught for Berlin a lot easier.

But we can speculate all we want, BF decides. And for the moment I'm looking tremendously forward to the new module. Eastern Prussia! Lauban! Bautzen! Stuhlweisenburg! The list is endless and it all comes our way. Real winter battles!

Edited by Aragorn2002

9 hours ago, Battlefront.com said:

Blame STAVKA for not giving us more to work with :)

Understood, but that is all the more reason to include partisans!  Although I'll certainly buy the game in any event.

Personally I like partisans because they  allow you to create entirely different kinds of battles, whereas choosing between various flavors of German infantry/fusiliers/grenadiers/jaegers/etc adds much less to game-play diversity.

Edited by 76mm

MOS' innovative system in his CMBS TOC scenario would be perfect for rear area counter-partisan/guerilla scenarios.  Perhaps we could accomplish Partisans with a mod (changing one of the minor countries) if BF cannot get em in.

33 minutes ago, 76mm said:

Understood, but that is all the more reason to include partisans!  Although I'll certainly buy the game in any event.

Personally I like partisans because they  allow you to create entirely different kinds of battles, whereas choosing between various flavors of German infantry/fusiliers/grenadiers/jaegers/etc adds much less to game-play diversity.

Unless you're an Eastern front junkie, which I am. :) Personally I think every German regiment should have it's own mod. :D

But seriously, it would be great to have partisans, also in CMFI and CMBN.

Edited by Aragorn2002

45 minutes ago, Aragorn2002 said:

it would be great to have partisans, also in CMFI and CMBN.

+1  Especially in CMFI.  I hope the new CMFI module will also allow flat roofs on modular buildings as CMBS does.  With flat roofs you basically have some late North Africa scenario possibilities.   Then with partisans, French North African forces and mods you might be able to get the post WWII Algerian revolution.         

Edited by MOS:96B2P

well i say still it was side show because amount of troops what soviet had on that time there was sou huge. Finish troops could not tie that mutch troops from soviet army to make difference els where. How ewer 1941 this was totaly diffrend thing and our troops could help to capture Leningrad but Mannerheim  did choose not to do that. 

Wow, take my money please!

It brings back my memory of those days playing CMBB. “Once a king” was one my favorite scenario, herding a mixed group of Heer, SS and Volkssturm to escape the doomed Reich

By the description I guess the new Mod will cover the period from Vistlua-Oder Offensive (Jan 1945) to Battle of Berlin (May 1945). And from the description the new Mod will focus on Army Group North and Army Group Center?  It’s pity that Polish People's Army is not included in new units.

Will it cover the Army Group Courland? Will it expand to south a little bit, so that we can experience the battle of Budapest and Operation Frühlingserwachen? Maybe we can find Hungarian, Romanian and even Yugoslavian in the game?

OK, I guess I have asked too much.  Battlefront, thank you for sharing this good news, can’t wait for this MOD.

On ‎6‎/‎6‎/‎2018 at 7:42 AM, hank24 said:

Great News! Love to see this announcement. Maybe I could reiterate something of paramount importance.

Will there be a Schwimmwagen? :)

Speaking of which, what ever happened to Kohlenklau who always lobbied for it? 

On 6/5/2018 at 4:25 PM, Mord said:

Mord.

For whatever it's worth, those minor countries seems to be the most popular nations and units for CM1 tournament games.  That's about all we've been playing with at WeBOB for the last 4-5 years.  

13 minutes ago, Sequoia said:

IIRC CMBB had decent sales in Finland. Finns would require the least amount of new vehicle modeling.  Any one know if Finland was using any non German vehicles by 1944? 

T-26,  T-34/76, and maybe a dozen of BT-7

7 hours ago, Sequoia said:

Speaking of which, what ever happened to Kohlenklau who always lobbied for it? 

He needed a break from CM. Very busy with other things. But I'm pretty sure he will be back after the CMRT module is released. Sure hope so.