CMRT Module 1 Bones

On 5/31/2018 at 9:52 PM, Battlefront.com said:

The Maus is what I consider just simply "crazy" since it never entered service.  None of that stuff is going into this game.

I was talking about things like AT guns that weigh 22,000 pounds (10,000 kg), full sized AT guns jammed into armored cars, tanks/TDs so heavy they had trouble getting into the fight, etc.  Maybe not everybody's definition of "crazy", but personally I do.  Though I do have the benefit of hindsight ;)

Steve

Just bring over the Sturmtiger from CMFB and you have another crazy weapon covered. ;)

On 6/1/2018 at 4:02 AM, DesertFox said:

...I also like the fact you decided to call it module 1. That makes hope for a Barbarossa to Citadelle module :-)

All I really want.  Oh and North Africa of course.        Please.

8 minutes ago, benpark said:

No. No time for panic.

Just kidding, Benpark. It's like you guys suddenly hear of a vehicle that doesn't exist. And perfectionists like you are, start to panic thinking that you forgot something. :)

Anyway, never mind. But now you're here. Is the 251/22 in?

Edited by Aragorn2002

Great news!

On 01.06.2018 at 7:38 AM, Battlefront.com said:
  • Soviets didn't change much after Bagration because, well, they didn't need to!  Plus, it would have been very disruptive to do so.  However, there's still a few new things we can give you to play with.  The big one is the Lend Lease armed tank forces sporting Valentines and Shermans.

Well, there were some changes - assault groups formations for urban combat, active using of static flamethrowers (FOG-2).

Will you change Rifle battallion OOB, particulary SMG platoons in companies? (As variant "B", like in CMBB) May be new OOB variant for understrength battalions, with less men and more automatic weapons? (Typical Red army rifle division was understrength in 1945, up to 50%.) And captured panzerfausts! They were massively used against buildings.

Edited by DMS

Just now, Aragorn2002 said:

That's pushing it a bit, I think. Many German soldiers used the PPSH, but realism has it's limits in a game.

There were really many panzerfausts, that were captured during urban fights... But yes, in general it's too loose assumption. May be for city assault groups formations only.

5 hours ago, Aragorn2002 said:

Just kidding, Benpark. It's like you guys suddenly hear of a vehicle that doesn't exist. And perfectionists like you are, start to panic thinking that you forgot something. :)

Anyway, never mind. But now you're here. Is the 251/22 in?

We've not finalized the vehicles yet.  However, the 251/22 is a pretty strong candidate.  I can't think of why it wouldn't get in, even if we don't give the vehicle a 10% chance of falling apart each time it takes a shot ;)

Steve

Wow, great news, thanks for the update. 

My only disappointment is the lack of reference to partisans, although I'm holding out hope on the basis of "However, there's still a few new things we can give you to play with..."

10 hours ago, Battlefront.com said:

We've not finalized the vehicles yet.  However, the 251/22 is a pretty strong candidate.  I can't think of why it wouldn't get in, even if we don't give the vehicle a 10% chance of falling apart each time it takes a shot ;)

Steve

Good to hear! Apparently the vehicle was quite stabile while firing. Overloaded yes probably, but a good successor for the 251/9.

The CMRT module will be about the last battles in Eastern Germany and Hungary. Partisans didn't play much of a role there. Besides this module will already be packed with lots and lots of new units, vehicles, landscape etc. So let's stay realistic, guys. ;)