CMRT Module 1 Bones

9 hours ago, Aragorn2002 said:

Superb. Perhaps some more attention for winter pine trees, but that is already nicely modded by Benpark, so that's covered too, I guess.

I never know who's who on this forum and who belongs to the 'team', so not sure about that.

We all do a little something on every title, I would venture- the amount done depending on availability and interests. I have been organizing this module for Steve and Charles, and getting lots of help from Cassio, Mikey D, and others that will be doing scenario and QB work (Mark Ezra!). I'll be doing the general organization, master maps, campaigns and some scenarios. And some other misc. art stuff. By the time release nears, most people that test are eyes on it. Scenarios and campaigns need extensive testing, etc.

Takes a bit of time, this stuff!

I will upload my winter tree mods if they don't go into the module after it is released.

52 minutes ago, benpark said:

We all do a little something on every title, I would venture- the amount done depending on availability and interests. I have been organizing this module for Steve and Charles, and getting lots of help from Cassio, Mikey D, and others that will be doing scenario and QB work (Mark Ezra!). I'll be doing the general organization, master maps, campaigns and some scenarios. And some other misc. art stuff. By the time release nears, most people that test are eyes on it. Scenarios and campaigns need extensive testing, etc.

Well, I salute you all. I may be critical at times about the lack of information, but I'm very impressed by what you guys have created and are going to create.

53 minutes ago, benpark said:

I will upload my winter tree mods if they don't go into the module after it is released.

Thank you, Benpark, glad to hear that.  CMFB looked so much better after installing your winter tree mod.

2 hours ago, c3k said:

Ahh, I'd forgotten about that. I think I was winning when it ended? ;)

LOL funny guy. It was way to early to tell but we certainly had both taken casulties.

2 hours ago, c3k said:

I had about 7 battalions of US mechanized infantry and tanks. There were a lot of switchback roads going through some passes. Talk about a pathing nightmare. I think that, and the LOS interaction, was what ballooned the file sizes. (My rig was sporting 64GB of ram, and it still crashed due, I think, to the size of the computations exceeding the limits of either the game or the OS (Win 7/10, 64 bit). That's a lot of numbers. :) )

I was a ton of orders and a huge area - way bigger that than 20 000 point battle I tried back in CMBN 1.0 days.

The windows version of the game is 32bit so it can only use 4G of memory so even my 16Gb machine had "enough" memory.

17 minutes ago, IanL said:

It was a ton of orders and a huge area - way bigger that than 20 000 point battle I tried back in CMBN 1.0 days.

20 000 point battles, however, ROCK ! :)

Finding a keen opponent ( it's a bit of extra work to set up ) is the trick, but they are a total blast when they get going.

Dynaman- Not an official answer of course, but I doubt it would be in this module. However a couple of times Steve mentioned the possibility (no promises) of doing a semi-fantasy module that would have vehicles such as the IS3 , German E-series and so forth.  

13 hours ago, Bulletpoint said:

Not sure if I'm overlooking anything, but I don't think anything has changed, based on those screens? To me it looks like the regular ruins/buildings ?

Yeah I know what he is referring to and I don't think it really shows in any of those, but yes there really is something to the statement.  Maybe as we get more screenshots up.

On ‎5‎/‎31‎/‎2018 at 11:38 PM, Battlefront.com said:

Soviets didn't change much after Bagration because, well, they didn't need to!  Plus, it would have been very disruptive to do so.  However, there's still a few new things we can give you to play with

Hello, Steve, and it's Good to hear from you, and throwing of these Bones...

I always thought the CMRT Basic Russian Infantry were a little over-generous with SMG's & SVT's...From I can remember a Basic Russian Infantry Squad should have around 5-6 Mosin Nagant Rifles, 1x SVT, 2x SMG, 1x LMG (something along those lines).

Edited by JoMc67

In addition to the question of JoMc67 I also have a question/request. In the last year of the war TOE's weren't carved in stone and some units were better equipped than others. So I hope in the new module we will have the same or an even better option with regard to StG44's and G43s as we have in CMFB. I'm referring to the Sturm platoons and such, but also to units like the German 1. infantry division and the 1. Ski jäger division and several Volksgrenadier-divisions, who had more StG 44's and G43s than other divisions.

I also hope that a lot of attention will be given to the German uniforms. At the end of the war German soldiers often looked more like vagabonds than fighting men. It would be nice to see that back in the number of options for German uniforms in the editor. 

Last but not least I hope that we will see more variation in bunkers, trenches and so on.

23 hours ago, Bulletpoint said:

Not sure if I'm overlooking anything, but I don't think anything has changed, based on those screens? To me it looks like the regular ruins/buildings ?

Redoing the entire modular building destruction system isn’t in the cards for a module, unfortunately. I have been creative with what can be done, however. Pictures for future days.

On ‎6‎/‎1‎/‎2018 at 12:52 AM, Battlefront.com said:

The Maus is what I consider just simply "crazy" since it never entered service.  None of that stuff is going into this game.

I was talking about things like AT guns that weigh 22,000 pounds (10,000 kg), full sized AT guns jammed into armored cars, tanks/TDs so heavy they had trouble getting into the fight, etc.  Maybe not everybody's definition of "crazy", but personally I do.  Though I do have the benefit of hindsight ;)

Steve

I know of one AT gun that weighs about 22,000 lbs.  Major tank destroyer! 

On 1-6-2018 at 4:48 PM, Lille Fiskerby said:

Great news, thanks for the update, Steve.

Any chance you can tell how many month we will have snow e. g. from november 1944 to march 1945 or ?

Any chance for windmills ?

Will we get the german halftrack 251/22 with the PaK 40 installed ?

Good questions, Lille. Fingers crossed they will get an answer. If the 234/4 is in, the 251/22 could be in as well. Yes, this is bait. ;)

Edited by Aragorn2002

On 6/1/2018 at 10:48 AM, Lille Fiskerby said:

Any chance you can tell how many month we will have snow e. g. from november 1944 to march 1945 or ?

You can have snow whenever you want. As it works right now in CMFI, the weather isn't dependent on what month it is but what you set the weather and ground condition as.

Mord.

@benpark I am extremely impressed with the Berlin map. It's amazing to see how far the editor capabilities have come. CMFB had some truly phenomenal map, but it looks like this module is going to eclipse it. 

The addition of winter and more German formations is great too. After seeing this bones thread, I am much more excited for this module.

Are there any beta AARs planned for this? It seems far enough out from release date to fit one in, but far enough along in development that there would be enough content to show off in an AAR. 

On ‎6‎/‎1‎/‎2018 at 7:34 AM, Battlefront.com said:

Yes, the game already supports hardcoded restrictions on Soft Factors, in particular Experience.  Normally we don't exercise that ability because we like leaving it up to players.  However, in the case of Volkssturm, I think we should.

Steve

Please don't limit the flexibility of the editor.  I can imagine legitimate reasons a scenario creator may wish to depict higher quality units that the game ordinarily presents as Volkssturm.  For example, the Volkssturm would be good candidates for modding into partisans (such as Yugoslav partisans, who could be quite competent) and hard coding soft factors would limit those options.

Soft factors have normally been left to the scenario designer's discretion.  Please don't depart from that sound policy.

(Also, thanks for the bones!)

6 hours ago, Rokossovski said:

For example, the Volkssturm would be good candidates for modding into partisans (such as Yugoslav partisans, who could be quite competent) and hard coding soft factors would limit those options.

This sounds interesting.

11 hours ago, Mord said:

You can have snow whenever you want. As it works right now in CMFI, the weather isn't dependent on what month it is but what you set the weather and ground condition as.

Oh sorry Mord, I did not know that I could do that. My next question will be which month vehicles will have winter-camo ?

5 hours ago, Sgt.Squarehead said:

Ardelt Waffentrager perhaps?  ;)

Didn't make it to the front (Berlin?) in useful numbers. ;) The 251/22 did. Overloaded but effective and  successfully used by a number of Panzer divisions in the East. Exact production number unknown, but most likely around 1 000 to 1 200 vehicles. Definitely belongs to be included in the new module.

https://forum.axishistory.com/viewtopic.php?t=153725

Edited by Aragorn2002

3 hours ago, Lille Fiskerby said:

Oh sorry Mord, I did not know that I could do that. My next question will be which month vehicles will have winter-camo ?

No need to apologize, my friend.

It' basically the same answer. Winter camo textures are "mod tagged" to show up when the ground conditions involve snow. There's also a mud tag if the ground condition is set to muddy.

Mord.

15 hours ago, IICptMillerII said:

@benpark

Are there any beta AARs planned for this? It seems far enough out from release date to fit one in, but far enough along in development that there would be enough content to show off in an AAR. 

I don't really know what the plans are in particular but traditionally a beta AAR is done but usually it will be closer to when the game is ready for pre-orders. I am going to guess you will have to wait a little longer for this one since there are two other announced modules ahead of it.

6 hours ago, Aragorn2002 said:

Didn't make it to the front (Berlin?) in useful numbers. ;)

Dude they only built a couple and the designer was killed while manning one at the front.....That surely shows commitment if nothing else!

But I will concede that there might be one or two better candidates for BFC's efforts.  ;)

38 minutes ago, Sgt.Squarehead said:

Dude they only built a couple and the designer was killed while manning one at the front.....That surely shows commitment if nothing else!

But I will concede that there might be one or two better candidates for BFC's efforts.  ;)

Then we agree, dude.☺