CMRT Module 1 Bones

I think it's the right time to give you Eastern Front nuts something to chew on.  So here's a couple of bones for you!

Although CMSF2 and CMFI Rome to Victory (R2V) development has occupied our time over the last year and a half, we've managed to do a few other things at the same time.  The one you're all interested in is the first Module for CMRT.  Let me tell you a bit about it.

Module 1 (name TBD) picks up where the Base Game left off in Poland.  Follow the Red Army across the border into the Third Reich's home turf and eventually straight into Berlin.  The Module will contain:

• Waffen SS, Luftwaffe, Kriegsmarine, and Volkssturm forces as well as the progression of standard Heer formations
  • Soviets didn't change much after Bagration because, well, they didn't need to!  Plus, it would have been very disruptive to do so.  However, there's still a few new things we can give you to play with.  The big one is the Lend Lease armed tank forces sporting Valentines and Shermans.
  • New Regions that are tailored to the different battlefields fought over in the final months of the war
  • Winter terrain, graphics, and weather effects
  • New terrain to better portray the area generally, but also its ruined state
  • Massive Berlin map
  • 2 Campaigns and a bunch of stand alone battles
  • Oh, and some crazy late war German stuff that nobody ever cares anything about

Sounds pretty cool, doesn't it?  We think so ;)  When will it be available to you?  As always we have to be vague about it, however we're very sure it will be before the end of the year.  We'll know much better after CMFI R2V is out the door, which happens after CMSF2 is in your hands.

Now onto the visual portion of the Bone...

CM Red Thunder Bone 1.jpgCM Red Thunder Bone 2.jpgCM Red Thunder Bone 3.jpgCM Red Thunder Bone 4jpg.jpgCM Red Thunder Bone 5.jpg

22 minutes ago, Sequoia said:

Crazy late war German stuff? Any guesses? I doubt he means the Maus.

The Maus is what I consider just simply "crazy" since it never entered service.  None of that stuff is going into this game.

I was talking about things like AT guns that weigh 22,000 pounds (10,000 kg), full sized AT guns jammed into armored cars, tanks/TDs so heavy they had trouble getting into the fight, etc.  Maybe not everybody's definition of "crazy", but personally I do.  Though I do have the benefit of hindsight ;)

Steve

Oh my. Some of those CMRT screenshots are just stunningly "beautiful"... especially the sense of destruction and even dread present in that first one. You guys are experts at tweaking just a few variables -- subtleties in the colors, minor architectural adjustments, for example --and yet still completely capturing the mood and general feel of a particular place and time. Well done.

Edited by sttp

3 hours ago, Battlefront.com said:

Module 1 (name TBD) picks up where the Base Game left off in Poland.  Follow the Red Army across the border into the Third Reich's home turf and eventually straight into Berlin.  The Module will contain:

• Waffen SS, Luftwaffe, Kriegsmarine, and Volkssturm forces as well as the progression of standard Heer formations
  • Soviets didn't change much after Bagration because, well, they didn't need to!  Plus, it would have been very disruptive to do so.  However, there's still a few new things we can give you to play with.  The big one is the Lend Lease armed tank forces sporting Valentines and Shermans.
  • New Regions that are tailored to the different battlefields fought over in the final months of the war
  • Winter terrain, graphics, and weather effects
  • New terrain to better portray the area generally, but also its ruined state
  • Massive Berlin map
  • 2 Campaigns and a bunch of stand alone battles
  • Oh, and some crazy late war German stuff that nobody ever cares anything about

Sounds pretty cool, doesn't it?  We think so ;)  When will it be available to you?  As always we have to be vague about it, however we're very sure it will be before the end of the year.  We'll know much better after CMFI R2V is out the door, which happens after CMSF2 is in your hands.

Now onto the visual portion of the Bone...

Thank you, Steve. Much appreciated!

First drowsy observations behind my first cup of coffee this morning:

1.Module 1. So more modules for CMRT are still planned. Great to hear! Still hope for Finland-fanboys, like me.

2.New regions. So Hungary and the Baltics hopefully. Not that different from Eastern Germany, but still.  

3.More attention to ruined landscape/buildings. Just what the doctor ordered. I love the winter terrain of CMFB, so more of  that please.

4.Crazy late war German stuff. So the Sd.Kfz. 251/22  and Sd.Kfz. 234/4  are in. Superb! No need for the Maus and that sort of nonsense. Panther F with infra red would be nice though. ;) Never entered service though.

But the best news of all: the module will probably be released before the end of this year. Didn't expect that, to be honest. Fingers crossed.

Volksgrenadiers are covered by  the progression of standard Heer formations, I suppose?

Edited by Aragorn2002

Yes, anything that is in CMFB you will almost certainly see in RT module (trying to think of an exception and not coming up with anything), along with additional vehicles and units (as Steve already mentioned above).

17 minutes ago, akd said:

Yes, anything that is in CMFB you will almost certainly see in RT module (trying to think of an exception and not coming up with anything), along with additional vehicles and units (as Steve already mentioned above).

Superb. Perhaps some more attention for winter pine trees, but that is already nicely modded by Benpark, so that's covered too, I guess.

I never know who's who on this forum and who belongs to the 'team', so not sure about that.

Edited by Aragorn2002

1 hour ago, Aragorn2002 said:

But the best news of all: the module will probably be released before the end of this year. Didn't expect that, to be honest. Fingers crossed.

The Steve giveth and the Steve taketh away. Today it's looking like the Steve is giveth-ing! Didn't see that coming did you? What a difference a day and a thread makes. Congrats on the possibility.

Mord.

Edited by Mord

OMG OMG OMG !!! cannot wait, thank you Steve for this big update infos yesterday and today, our patience is really honored now !!!!

You and your Staff will receive the Lauriers soon, Combat MIssion is really the peace of cake of every game,

hope that you will receive from gamer analysts a big big big publicity to be The best game of the year !!

because,  BATTLEFRONT  deserve it really  (* * * * *) !!! 

That should cover what we can say, but I will add- The screenshot above of the Berlin Map is only the top third of the entire master map, but the rest is WIP. So there is a lot more to see, map wise, and in other locales that are already in good shape.

4 hours ago, Aragorn2002 said:

3.More attention to ruined landscape/buildings. Just what the doctor ordered.

Not sure if I'm overlooking anything, but I don't think anything has changed, based on those screens? To me it looks like the regular ruins/buildings ?

...Module 1 (name TBD) picks up where the Base Game left off in Poland.  Follow the Red Army across the border into the Third Reich's home turf and eventually straight into Berlin.  The Module will contain:

• and Volkssturm forces as well 

Can we see also fair hair young ladies, like in the movie (Der Untergang - The Downfall) fighting until the last breath... :D

I suggest that BF can try to added a woman face in the new module, (lot of women were fighting from both sides,  russian sniper,...but see also the french Resistance and for sure in Italy too)  !!

This could be also used for new CMFS2 cos lot of women were always in the army and actualy more and more...I have already some voices to added...

:P

Edited by 3j2m7

1 hour ago, benpark said:

That should cover what we can say, but I will add- The screenshot above of the Berlin Map is only the top third of the entire master map, but the rest is WIP. So there is a lot more to see, map wise, and in other locales that are already in good shape.

If you are allowed to say.... just how big is the Berlin Master Map?

20 minutes ago, Heirloom_Tomato said:

If you are allowed to say.... just how big is the Berlin Master Map?

I don't want to say yet, as there are a number of factors that impact that (engine-wise, etc). It will be about as wide as you see, but longer to the south).  It is going to be big, and will be able to be split into smaller portions as desired of course.

Edited by benpark