CMFI Rome to Victory Bones

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/5/2018 at 6:45 PM, CanuckGamer said:

In hindsight I should have known that RT was Red Thunder.  I don't have Red Thunder.  Thanks for the replies.  Since Red Thunder covers the last year of the war I would be  more interested in the earlier years of the eastern front.  I am surprised Battlefront isn't working on that or a North African game like they had in the original Combat Mission series.  However, I am very much looking forward to Rome to Victory.  In my opinion, the current Combat Mission series is the gold standard for computer tactical warfare.

Looking forward to the end of RT, I am sure it would come with Hungarian maybe Romanian forces as well as Waffen SS.... Partisans would be cool.  However by GOD I would love early Russia as well so we could see battles like this unfold... or change?     https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Raseiniai

This would be cool as they would technically have all the elements to reverse back to the start after the last RT module.... you could then use all the German Allies etc for the beginning of the war just changing the TOE... which we know is a pain.. probably.

On ‎12‎/‎26‎/‎2018 at 5:34 AM, GhostRider3/3 said:

Looking forward to the end of RT, I am sure it would come with Hungarian maybe Romanian forces as well as Waffen SS.... Partisans would be cool.  However by GOD I would love early Russia as well so we could see battles like this unfold... or change?    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Raseiniai

This would be cool as they would technically have all the elements to reverse back to the start after the last RT module.... you could then use all the German Allies etc for the beginning of the war just changing the TOE... which we know is a pain.. probably.

I think, Steve, mentioned that Huns & Romanian Forces won't be included, but still might get 'Partisans'.

Edited by JoMc67

• 1 month later...
On 12/27/2018 at 7:29 PM, JoMc67 said:

I think, Steve, mentioned that Huns & Romanian Forces won't be included, but still might get 'Partisans'.

Why would they not include at least the Hungarians.  Especially for late war?  Budapest was one of the bloodiest urban fights in WWII.  I think they called it the Soviet Stalingrad..  Sounds like they are have too much on their plate and giving up on Combat Mission WWII era.  In fact pretty sure they will not even go as far as early war stuff as talked about but come up with something else.  Been waiting for RT module for how many years now?  Small team  I get it but damn...  I will be 60 LOL by the time we see some more stuff.

6 hours ago, Trooper117 said:

Yes, 30 odd years of 'making myself have it' have pretty much messed up my knees, hip  and lower back... do I regret it?

Absolutely not... my career choice, my job required me to hammer my body physically to the extremes. I'd do it all again!

I thought differently when my 35 year old boss suggested to me that I ought to do a para course which he would do himself but was worried about breaking himself. The 50 year old me pointed out that I probably had a greater chance of ending up damaged than he did ended all discussion on the subject.

3 hours ago, Combatintman said:

The 50 year old me pointed out that I probably had a greater chance of ending up damaged than he did ended all discussion on the subject.

:D Wow...... Yes, at 50 years old it might be a bit suicidal to go through a military Airborne school.  I did Airborne school at Ft. Benning in the 1980s when I was 18.  It was very demanding.  The Black Hats (Airborne drill instructors) cussed us because the barracks smelled of Bengay at night.  I think the oldest troops with us might have been mid 20s.  Everybody was sore and stiff from the PLFs and physical training in general.  Also sleep deprived.  It was kind of like a nursing home / asylum but the residents were 18 - 25 years old.  I can't imagine going through that when 50 years old.  IMO it's definitely a young man's game........... crazy, young men :lol:.   

And at 50 YOA you were no longer young, so you only had the crazy going for you .............. :D  :lol:  :).      

Edited by MOS:96B2P

I Hope the Coriano battle will be in game, where a single Tiger battalion, the 508th Heavy Panzer Battalion, decimated until only  one Tiger resisted, held off the entire British army V corps ( with Canadian troops) that lost momentum and stop the Gothic line breakthrough.

Edited by luigim

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
1 hour ago, weapon2010 said:

can somone answer this guy?

5b10bd57b353e_CMFortressItalyBone1.jpg.a

These are GI's in M43's (late war then) walking next to a knocked out late Pz IV (either H or J) painted in a typical Italian theater camouflage pattern, in an Italian (probably Northern Italian) scenery. Pretty relevant imo.

You can still see that the rifle pouches are misaligned with the belt texture on the M43, which is a problem on the paratrooper's M42's as well, to add up on that. The belt is too high and the pouches are too low.

Edited by Frenchy56

• 2 weeks later...