CMFI Rome to Victory Bones

This is what ChrisND, said:

"The following services will be added: British Indian Army, South Africa, French Expeditionary Corps (including Moroccan Goumiers), and Waffen-SS. Of course, existing services will be filled out with all of the new formations that have been created for other Combat Mission titles since the last Fortress Italy module released: Gebirgsjäger units, Luftwaffe Field Divisions, flamethrower units, etc. All currently existing formations will be updated to 1945 TO&E. Also: US Mountain units."

Mord.

4 hours ago, Mord said:

This is what ChrisND, said:

"The following services will be added: British Indian Army, South Africa, French Expeditionary Corps (including Moroccan Goumiers), and Waffen-SS. Of course, existing services will be filled out with all of the new formations that have been created for other Combat Mission titles since the last Fortress Italy module released: Gebirgsjäger units, Luftwaffe Field Divisions, flamethrower units, etc. All currently existing formations will be updated to 1945 TO&E. Also: US Mountain units."

Mord.

I would stick with what Rocketman quoted from Steve, it is much more current.

Here's a short list of what you can expect to see in R2V

• The timeline extended until the end of the war, which means all the late war equipment and formation changes you'd expect for the Italian Front are included
  • Gebirgsjäger, Waffen SS, and expanded Luftwaffe forces (yes, including LW Field Divisions) are included as well as the various modifications of Heer formations found a the end of the war
  • The Allies now have access to Canadians, Polish, South African, New Zealand, Indian, Brazilian, and French forces along with a host of visual, equipment, and organizational quirks

15 hours ago, Erwin said:

Hmm.  That omission is a shame as Italians vs Greeks and the Anglo-Greek fighting vs Germans was a significant part of the era.  Am wondering if the Greeks had similar uniforms & equipment to some other nationality that could be modded.  

It is a shame. I gather the Greeks who fought in Italy would have been armed in a similar manner to Commonwealth troops given their previous close relationship in Greece and North Africa.

The earlier Greco-Italian War in 1941 is to early for the current set of CM games. Years ago, I did play an old Close Combat mod that featured this war. I really enjoyed it but it crashed at a certain point for me. From memory the Italian forces in that mod felt a lot like the Italians in CMFI.

4 minutes ago, Hardradi said:

I gather the Greeks who fought in Italy would have been armed in a similar manner to Commonwealth troops given their previous close relationship in Greece and North Africa.

That was my thought as well, but I also recall that by this point in the war, the US was arming just about everybody to one degree or another. I think I would expect Greek soldiers to have UK uniforms and small arms but larger weapons to be a more varied lot.

Michael

1 hour ago, IanL said:
On 8/18/2018 at 11:08 AM, Sequoia said:

I bet no other game (at a tactical level) has...

I have a feeling that was one of the things that appealed for adding them.

Many of were appealing for French hooker units in CMBN.  So there is hope then...?

Edited by Erwin

1 hour ago, Combatintman said:

This one will get locked if people don't give their head a wobble.

Ah wow. That post seemed totally out of the blue to me until I looked at Erwin's post. Just in case anyone thinks differently I was not trying to add double entendre to my post. I was just agreeing that forces from the nation of Brazil being included in CMFI will likely be unique or one of only a few games that include them.

6 hours ago, sburke said:

You can't really go wrong with a name like Achilles.  Hell the namesake ship was involved in running down Graf Spee.  In the company of Ajax no less.  The British navy is sooo much better with names than US.

There's even a town in Canada called Ajax after the ship. And the street names are taken from the crew's surnames.