CMFI Rome to Victory Bones

It's been a while since we've updated you on the progress of Rome to Victory, the second Module for CMFI.  Time to make things right!

CMSF Rome to Victory (R2V) takes the CMFI game Family up to the end of the war and introduces a ton of forces that fought during the full campaign.  The ambitious nature of this Module is one of the reasons it's taken a lot longer to put together than expected.  For those of you who have researched the details of the Italian campaign know, there's pretty much an exception to every rule and then exceptions to those.  Fortunately for you, and unfortunately for our release plans, we care to get the details right and won't release the game until we're satisfied we've done so.  It's just who we are!

Here's a short list of what you can expect to see in R2V

• The timeline extended until the end of the war, which means all the late war equipment and formation changes you'd expect for the Italian Front are included
  • Gebirgsjäger, Waffen SS, and expanded Luftwaffe forces (yes, including LW Field Divisions) are included as well as the various modifications of Heer formations found a the end of the war
  • The Allies now have access to Canadians, Polish, South African, New Zealand, Indian, Brazilian, and French forces along with a host of visual, equipment, and organizational quirks

Everybody is busy with CMSF2 and I didn't give the testers much time to cook up some screenshots, so I only have a few things to show right now.  I'll post some more later on.  For now, here you go...

CM Fortress Italy Bone 1.jpgCM Fortress Italy Bone 2.jpgCM Fortress Italy Bone 3.jpgCM Fortress Italy Bone 4.jpgCM Fortress Italy Bone 5.jpg

Crossposting:

In light of the R2V revelations, I'm guessing Co-Belligerents, RSI and a second-look at the Italian OOB in Sicily would be it's own module? 

What were the most surprising TOE notes? I think I read somewhere that the Commonwealth used Sherman 76s in Italy, which I don't recall them doing in North-West Europe.

Looks amazing!! :D

5 hours ago, DougPhresh said:

Crossposting:

In light of the R2V revelations, I'm guessing Co-Belligerents, RSI and a second-look at the Italian OOB in Sicily would be it's own module? 

If we get to it that would be Pack material, I think.

5 hours ago, DougPhresh said:

What were the most surprising TOE notes? I think I read somewhere that the Commonwealth used Sherman 76s in Italy, which I don't recall them doing in North-West Europe.

For the most part it's Force 1 only had X tank variants, while Force 1 only had had Y, and Force 3 had both Y and Z.  There's also things like Force 1 didn't have armored cars for recon, Force 2 did, Force 3 had them for a time and then switched.  So on and so forth.

3 hours ago, Miller786 said:

Thanks for the update, any news on the british commandos?

No Commandos in R2V.  Too much to do already.

3 hours ago, Miller786 said:

Also what about the engine 4 patch? we've been waiting for that for quite a while

I'm going to make a separate announcement about that very shortly.

Steve

No commandos :(

One of the very few disappointments with the course of the CM series is the lack of commandos. To me they are essential, but perhaps that's because my first toysoldiers were commandos. Have plenty of scenario ideas, but they will be on hold I guess ... forever ...?

3 hours ago, Heirloom_Tomato said:

Is the First Special Service Force still in this module?

No. But that was originally mentioned by ND as coming in a pack not this module, later on. Who knows, now?

Mord.

Edited by Mord

And yes, that is a new Italian theater-specific Sherman type not seen in other titles. M4A3 Sherman with late-style loader's hatch and mounting the muzzle break, but on a VVSS suspension chassis with track end extensions fitted. Grouser cleats were mounted on racks on the turret sides. Spare track links positioned directly in front of the driver, and (not seen on this model) the real vehicles removed the turret basket to give the loader easier access to stowed rounds.

M4A3_76_752bat_Buttapietra_Italy_25apr45.jpg