The state of CMSF2

22 minutes ago, Battlefront.com said:

That surprises me a little as pics from the day made it seem more uniform.  But then again, most pictures are from within the wire and so basic uniforms were the norm.

The good news is this is all moddable.  Adding extra textures causes random assignment and that's exactly what you're looking for.  Whether or not we'll do that, we'll see!

Steve

I wish! It's like reading those old Osprey books that said "The Wehrmact uniform in 1944 was such and such" and then turning to the photos and illustrated pages and it's not very uniform at all!

16583223619_4d235a0615_b.jpg

@Lethaface

As a backup, do what I do. Many years ago I sent an email to myself with all my CM keys. I then created a folder and stored the email in it. Every time I get a new game or module I cut and paste the old keys along with the new key into a fresh email and repeat the process. I also have a text file on my comp. So between my email, BFC, and comp, I am completely covered.

Mord.

Edited by Mord

14 minutes ago, Mord said:

@Lethaface

As a backup, do what I do. Many years ago I sent an email to myself with all my CM keys. I then created a folder and stored the email in it. Every time I get a new game or module I cut and paste the old keys along with the new key into a fresh email and repeat the process. I also have a text file on my comp. So between my email, BFC, and comp, I am completely covered.

Mord.

or . . .  create a text file with all your CM keys and save it in the Directory file for each game.

By belt and suspenders, Harkonnens be thwarted!  :ph34r:

25 minutes ago, Mord said:

@Lethaface

Mord.

I just keep mine on a cloud share drive. Actually a couple. :P

38 minutes ago, DougPhresh said:

I wish! It's like reading those old Osprey books that said "The Wehrmact uniform in 1944 was such and such" and then turning to the photos and illustrated pages and it's not very uniform at all!

16583223619_4d235a0615_b.jpg

Love the pic. I like the one guy three back with the green webbing and the tan pouches. What did you guys do swap webbing components around for fun :D

9 minutes ago, DougPhresh said:

In Commonwealth militaries you can only grow a mustache like that if you are a senior NCO. The longer they are and the more waxed the tips, the more senior the rank of warrant officer.

So what would this guy be, a 4 star Sgt. Major-Colonel-General?

Stache.jpg

2 hours ago, MikeyD said:

Just pointing out something in those screenshots. In some the horizon mountains are off in the distance while in others the mountains are close. Hmmm... interesting. Interesting.

a sly clue that there's a new feature or you just noticed it? As far as I remember it's always been this way depending on how big the maps are. You can really notice it using Kieme's Horizon mod for CMBS because the power line towers shrink or grow depending on the map size.

Mord.

Edited by Mord

1 hour ago, Mord said:

a sly clue that there's a new feature or you just noticed it? As far as I remember it's always been this way depending on how big the maps are. You can really notice it using Kieme's Horizon mod for CMBS because the power line towers shrink or grow depending on the map size.

Mord.

For being God Emperor you just had something zip right over your head.  Guess you'll just have to wait and see.  :D 

18 minutes ago, Sequoia said:

Since we're getting US mortar carrier vehicles I'm hoping we're getting some for the other NATO nations as well, though I have no idea what those would be.

There are a few others for sure.  Originally we said "NO NEW STUFF!", but... this is us we're talking about so we added 'em anyway ;)  Air defenses are also in.

Steve

4 hours ago, Battlefront.com said:

;)  Air defenses are also in.

Seriously? I remember my post last year complaining about my M2/M3 Bradley getting immobilized in a scenario where red air force was annoying. Can't wait to replay this scenario with CMSF2. On a side note, hope the uncons won't access to air defense. It will complicated again my gameplay. :P

That is what I like in this "game" (if we can call it a game - this is more than this), I need to activate my brain and plan carefully.

Drones were just starting to be used at our scale back in 2008 (full production of the Raven started in 2006).  They were mostly being used by Brigade level assets up until that point.  At the time we erred on the side of caution about production and introduction.  Looking back, for our timeframe the Raven should be available to the US side.  The other forces were slower to adopt.  The Brits had a handful in 2007 so we might do them as well, but the other NATO countries got them after our timeframe.

Steve

7 minutes ago, Battlefront.com said:

Drones were just starting to be used at our scale back in 2008 (full production of the Raven started in 2006).  They were mostly being used by Brigade level assets up until that point.  At the time we erred on the side of caution about production and introduction.  Looking back, for our timeframe the Raven should be available to the US side.  The other forces were slower to adopt.  The Brits had a handful in 2007 so we might do them as well, but the other NATO countries got them after our timeframe.

Steve

Thank you for the quick (but still quite cryptic :P) answer! I read it as definite maybe.