The state of CMSF2

1 hour ago, Michael Emrys said:

If things turn out as I predict, I have the satisfaction of being proven right.

There can be only one...God Emperor of Dune.

Mord.

P.S. Yes, I am now cross pollinating Sci-Fi references.

15 hours ago, Dynaman216 said:
17 hours ago, IICptMillerII said:

Steve said to expect CMSF2 no later than the end of July. This of course means it will likely be released sometime around the 3rd week of August :lol:

Optimist!  Happy though, giving a date like that means things are progressing, doing software coding for a living I realize things can go right off the rails however.

LOL I would rest assured since Steve said it was in progress and given his track record of not releasing stuff to early we should all just play the games we have - it will help pass the time.

11 hours ago, IICptMillerII said:

Ahh, a fellow cynic! Hope for the best, expect the worst has been a fallback of mine for a good while now. 

However, there may be a bit more hope than expectant. Check out the interview I just posted in the "CM Update" thread.

The difference between cynical and experienced. When you're cynical, you EXPECT something to happen. When you're experienced, you KNOW it will happen. Let's just hope he's not speaking from experience!

Edited by Vet 0369

23 hours ago, Vet 0369 said:

The difference between cynical and experienced. When you're cynical, you EXPECT something to happen. When you're experienced, you KNOW it will happen.

That's a nice one that I will gladly (ab)use in the near future. CHeers! 😉

Honestly I am so grateful for the reduced price for previous owners of the game. $35 to bring the who deal up to engine 4 is not a bad deal, I mean we're getting on board regular/vehicle mounted mortars and the updated QB force selection. That right there is worth the money to me. It's also the kind of stuff that keeps me coming back, and getting new stuff whenever I can.

On 6/14/2018 at 8:51 AM, Sakai007 said:

Honestly I am so grateful for the reduced price for previous owners of the game. $35 to bring the who deal up to engine 4 is not a bad deal, I mean we're getting on board regular/vehicle mounted mortars and the updated QB force selection. That right there is worth the money to me. It's also the kind of stuff that keeps me coming back, and getting new stuff whenever I can.

Completely agree with above statement.

QB feature alone I would pay for.

On 6/14/2018 at 12:51 AM, Sakai007 said:

Well said

I am still a bit confused on what I will need to buy...I currently own CMSF base game, the Marine module and the British module but I do not own the NATO module.  What will I need to buy to have all 3 modules in the new Shock Force game system that is going to be released?  Is the full $35 UPGRADE PACKAGE include a stand alone NATO module as well as full stand alone modules for the US Marines and the British that are used for engine 4?  From what I can tell it appears I may need to buy the full 3 module upgrade for $35 and then purchase the  base game upgrade for Nato for $10 too but I also saw from Steve he said the full upgrade package with all 3 module updates for $35 is for those who have all modules previously loaded or have just 2 modules loaded but having only one previously owned/loaded the person needs to buy the individual upgrades of the base for $15, $10, $10 and $10 for the module upgrades.  This is where my confusion lies of which way I need to go to have the complete new game system with all three modules.

Edited by Bob Willett

@Bob Willett  The upgrades basically transform your legit (existing) purchase of the base game / modules from CMSF1 to CMSF2, they do not grant ownership of the base game / module at all. For that you need to buy the game module fresh. So you would need to buy the NATO module, if you want to play that, which is going to be re-released as CMSF2 only - that is, it will already be CMSF2 - no need to upgrade that.

Since you have exactly 2 game modules you need to upgrade, and also the base game, your cost, if you buy individually will be: $10 + $10 + $15 = $35 . And if you buy the entire upgrade pack it is also $35 - so you situation is exactly at the breakeven point (I would just get the big upgrade in that case then). This is what Steve commented on - whether to buy individual upgrades, or the Big Upgrade which essentially just contain all 3 module upgrades and the base game upgrade , and his comment was from what made more sense from an economical stand point. If you have 1 game module, (or none), it would not be wise to buy the Big Upgrade.

7 hours ago, Muzzleflash1990 said:

@Bob Willett  The upgrades basically transform your legit (existing) purchase of the base game / modules from CMSF1 to CMSF2, they do not grant ownership of the base game / module at all. For that you need to buy the game module fresh. So you would need to buy the NATO module, if you want to play that, which is going to be re-released as CMSF2 only - that is, it will already be CMSF2 - no need to upgrade that.

Since you have exactly 2 game modules you need to upgrade, and also the base game, your cost, if you buy individually will be: $10 + $10 + $15 = $35 . And if you buy the entire upgrade pack it is also $35 - so you situation is exactly at the breakeven point (I would just get the big upgrade in that case then). This is what Steve commented on - whether to buy individual upgrades, or the Big Upgrade which essentially just contain all 3 module upgrades and the base game upgrade , and his comment was from what made more sense from an economical stand point. If you have 1 game module, (or none), it would not be wise to buy the Big Upgrade.

Repeating what you said but just hoping to make sure Bob is clear.  The entire upgrade package only applies to the modules you already own. Any modules you do not already own have to be purchased as new. So in Bobs case the full upgrade would give him the base game and the two modules he already owns. He would still need to purchase the NATO module as a new module. 

So $35 to upgrade everything he already owns plus the cost of the CMSF2 NATO module if he so desires. Clear as mud? 😉

Thanks for clearing away the mud for me.  I thought that was the case....I recently had sought to purchase the old NATO module finally after hearing of this new upgrade package and to my surprise the entire old CMSF and modules were taken off the store shelves.....my wallet awaits to be used enthusiastically!  I don't usually say that kind of stuff regarding my wallet......😃

Edited by Bob Willett

On 6/11/2018 at 10:36 PM, MikeyD said:

I had to think about that for a second. No need to buy the full upgrade if you just have the old basegame. If you want to purchase modules they're going to be CMSF2 product without the need to upgrade. The old CMSF1 is going to disappear from BFC store items (I believe).

Yep. It's actually already gone. You can only buy an upgrade from the retail version and none of the modules are being sold anymore so I can't complete my Shockforce collection in order to get the new modules discounted. I dunno why I didn't have these modules in the first place. Maybe they were on an old account. Maybe Afghanistan or something was already out by the time I bought some of the older games I had skipped. Dunno.

The last SF module I got was the UK one and I got it while waiting for the commonwealth module to be released for CMBN. My kids were maybe 1 then, they're almost 8 now, time has most certainly flown by. I am glad I managed to finish the collection though, it's paying dividends now.

The SF NATO manual mentions that the make-up of a Canadian Infantry Company was unknown at the time. I'm hoping my fellow Canucks have kept you up to speed, but if you need to be pointed in the right direction I'd be happen to chirp up. We were all convinced we'd be getting CV90s any day now (c. 2007), but the LAV 6.0 wasn't a bad get either. 🙃

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/9/2018 at 7:31 PM, Sakai007 said:

OMG, Mord I am also a maineah, I think BF Steve is as well. Every time I buy a CM title I have to pay state sales tax, couldn't figure it out until I had a technical issue with the site and he responded personally and we got to talking a bit. I am over by Bath, not too too far out of your neck of the woods.

Yeah, he's up in Dover Foxcroft.

I've been to Bath many a time. I have family in Union and my Mom and I would pass through Bath on our way to visit. Last time I was in Bath was 88 or so, went through Hell's Gate in a sixteen ft. aluminum boat. One of the scariest times I ever had fishing.

This is my fourth time living here. I originally moved up here in 76. Been back and forth ever since. I plan on it being permanent this time.

Mord.

Edited by Mord

7 minutes ago, Mord said:

Yeah, he's up in Dover Foxcroft.

I've been to Bath many a time. I have family in Union and my Mom and I would pass through Bath on our way to visit. Last time I was in bath was 88 or so, went through Hell's Gate in a sixteen ft. aluminum boat. One of the scariest times I ever had fishing.

This is my fourth time living here. I originally moved up here in 76. Been back and forth ever since. I plan on it being permanent this time.

Mord.

Did you just say you haven’t had a bath since 1988?