Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Just now, Sakai007 said:

I bet you guys were busy after that storm last October, wind comes in from a slightly different direction and all of a sudden everyone had trees down in their yard. Just a month ago we had a 10 MINUTE storm in Brunswick, knocked power out for the entire day for a quarter of Cumberland County and most of Sagadahoc, Lincoln, and Knox.

I'd just got done with the guy I was working with that August. So, luckily I wasn't with him when it hit. But yeah, it was massive destruction around here. We only lost our power for five days. It was a lot worse for some. Unfortunately my power was still out on Halloween so I missed my traditional Horrorthon that day. No King Diamond and no Blu-rays!

Yeah, I remember seeing that storm on the news and how hard it wailed Brunswick.

Fun story. The last time I worked in Brunswick the dude's trees had all kinds of Brown Tail nests in them. Each caterpillar will grab a leaf, fold it and and sew itself inside with silk or whatever it is. So, you'd see all these little cobwebby spots throughout the canopies of the oak trees if you paid attention. Well, of course we had to chip all the branches and limbs as they were cut. And of course we were doing mostly oak trees for the home owner. This one guy on our crew ended up breaking out in welts like you read about, like a day later. Man, his chest, stomach, back etc. were covered in dime and nickle sized itchy red spots. I didn't get one spot! Funny stuff.

 

For all you guys that don't know what a Brown Tail can do, here's a pic of the effect their hairs have on people.

 

634754847_4browntailmothrashpictures.jpg.f2d7d869eb4218d35679fe66ae79902b.jpg

 

Mord.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Battlefront.com said:

According to many a customer complaining here on our Forums, we've had this problem of "arrogance" since CMBO.  As the story goes we don't listen, we don't care, we don't try to do anything.  If that were true we'd shut down this Forum, take 2 months of vacation every summer, and put 1/2 as much effort into whatever we release.  The truth is quite the opposite, which is why we're still here having this discussion.

Now, I agree that I do have the time to post updates about the state of CMSF2 more frequently.  However, each post would be a different way of saying this:

"Things are taking longer than we expected.  The game is looking great, but the final details are not in place to allow us to release.  When we are really sure we've got those details settled, then we will let you know and release soon after".

If you are bothered by the lack of communications from me, copy and paste the above into an email and send it to yourself every day.  Problem solved!

In all seriousness, this is why I don't post frequently about a game's development status.  Because it really does amount to the same message every time.  The details as to why the game isn't ready at a given point in time aren't the sort of things you guys would understand because you don't have context.  Heck, even we don't have context sometimes and we're making the dang'd thing.  So divulging more details does not give anybody any more sense of what's going on internally than having a generic statement.

We don't know when the game is ready to be ready until it is ready to be released.  Telling you this every few days seems to me pointless as it doesn't make you any better informed nor will it mollify those who are unhappy with how long it is taking.

That said, I've been wanting to make a post that *IS* meaningful and *WILL* do something other than say the same old thing.  But like so many other things, life is not that simple and I can't make the post yet.  If wishes were gold then we'd be retired by now ;)

Steve

All very interesting and witty, but how is the module for CMRT getting along? Is Christmas 2019 still an option?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Aragorn2002 said:

Is Christmas 2019 still an option?

Christmas 2019 is almost fourteen months from now! I hope it would still be an option!

 

Mord.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, Mord said:

Christmas 2019 is almost fourteen months from now! I hope it would still be an option!

 

Mord.

It wasn't a typo, Mord. I hope BF will surprise us with regard to the CMRT module, but I fear the worst. CMSF2 will take most of their energy for the rest of this year, then the module for Italy (summer 2019?) and then....well, let's hope things will be different. Having said that I must admit that I'm having a great time with the Winter mod for CMRT at the moment, so the pressure is off as far as I'm concerned. But I still wonder what's the status of the module, apart from that it's being worked on by some members of the team.

Edited by Aragorn2002

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, Battlefront.com said:

According to many a customer complaining here on our Forums, we've had this problem of "arrogance" since CMBO.  As the story goes we don't listen, we don't care, we don't try to do anything.  If that were true we'd shut down this Forum, take 2 months of vacation every summer, and put 1/2 as much effort into whatever we release.  The truth is quite the opposite, which is why we're still here having this discussion.

Yeah other forums are even worse. I don't really get the thing about people getting worked up about computer games or if a dev. tells a 'customer' something straight in his forum face. Of course there are bad (and good) apples in every category (companies, gamers, dev, etc).
Funny anecdote: once had a customer threaten me over the phone because we shut down his websites since he didn't pay the bills. He said he'd come down with a baseball bat and I think he was serious. However he picked the wrong company/person as my reaction was something like 'hell yeah come over I'm waiting for you' (although in Dutch). We actually waited for him, but the coward didn't show up. Can't remember if he payed the bills and get his websites back. Anyway if a customer (or any other person) is reasonable, I threat them reasonable. If they are unreasonable, it's game over.
So there are those (at least one but I guess more) that like the honesty in your approach to marketing/pr(opaganda). Especially the fact that you at times do engage in interesting geopolitical / military discussions on the forum, when some 'customers' feel entitled to updates about games. Of course I also am interested in bones about the future, but that doesn't mean I feel entitled to owning your/BF.C time expenditure.

 

23 hours ago, Battlefront.com said:

If you are bothered by the lack of communications from me, copy and paste the above into an email and send it to yourself every day.  Problem solved!

This exactly! :) It's that easy but I guess for some hearing it from the man himself is better/needed, even if it's about a forum post.

Edited by Lethaface

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Aragorn2002 said:

CMSF2 will take most of their energy for the rest of this year,

Umm considering Steve's recent post I am not sure how you drew that conclusion.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, sburke said:

Umm considering Steve's recent post I am not sure how you drew that conclusion.

Considering the 4.0 patch was original slated for sometime early this year I could easily assume that 2 months worth of work is left.  I could just as easily see it being released tomorrow.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Lethaface said:

Funny anecdote: once had a customer threaten me over the phone because we shut down his websites since he didn't pay the bills. He said he'd come down with a baseball bat and I think he was serious. However he picked the wrong company/person as my reaction was something like 'hell yeah come over I'm waiting for you' (although in Dutch). We actually waited for him, but the coward didn't show up. Can't remember if he payed the bills and get his websites back. Anyway if a customer (or any other person) is reasonable, I threat them reasonable. If they are unreasonable, it's game over.

LOL awesome - although a bit scary.

 

14 hours ago, Lethaface said:

So there are those (at least one but I guess more) that like the honesty in your approach to marketing/pr(opaganda). Especially the fact that you at times do engage in interesting geopolitical / military discussions on the forum, when some 'customers' feel entitled to updates about games. Of course I also am interested in bones about the future, but that doesn't mean I feel entitled to owning your/BF.C time expenditure.

For sure.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Aragorn2002 said:

Ah yes....Crystal clear as always.

Lol clear as mud.  The gist was that Steve (to paraphrase) said he felt they were comfortably close to where he expected to be about now.  Granted that isn’t exactly crystal clear either it does give one the impresssion we should not be far off either. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, sburke said:

...it does give one the impresssion we should not be far off either. 

For sure. But you know as well as I that as far as this topic is concerned, anything over five seconds is too long and for some others anything past last month is already too long.

<_<

Michael

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tell you what, Steve said he would send me an e-mail a week before release of CMSF2 (although he also asked me to remind him because he'd probably forget), so for a nominal fee (I too am an old man, retired, and living on a fixed income), I'll send you private message that the release is a week out😈

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, sburke said:

Lol clear as mud.  The gist was that Steve (to paraphrase) said he felt they were comfortably close to where he expected to be about now.  Granted that isn’t exactly crystal clear either it does give one the impresssion we should not be far off either. 

😊

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

High I would have some questions for the CMSF Nato module.

 

The Bundeswehr has its Fenneks and Marders and Fuchs Apc´s.

1:Fennek

The Fennek didn't have in 2.0 version of CMSF Nato the option to raise and lower its IR mast to peak over hills and walls to stay fully hull down, will the port to version 4.0 bring any new features for this vehicle so it can perform its duty's like it was intended to do?

2:Marder and Panzergrenadiere

The Grenadiers do there job most of the time from the back of Marder hence the three hatches on the back, in CMSF Nato the hatches where weld shut for ?engine reasons?.

Will the Rampenschweine now be able to shoot MG3s and Panzerfausts from its back and if order button up and down?

Also the attaching and removal of the Milan from the Marder to use it dismounted, is there option to do so?

3:Fuchs

The same goes for the fuchs as its part of training to do so and the hatches are not there just for fun.

In General.

Syrian army has airplanes and Helo´s also some SPAAG´s will other nations get any kind of equipment to deal with such threats?

Gepard´s? For the Germans and Netherlands? Or Ozelots with Stingers?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"

"Things are taking longer than we expected.  The game is looking great, but the final details are not in place to allow us to release.  When we are really sure we've got those details settled, then we will let you know and release soon after".

If you are bothered by the lack of communications from me, copy and paste the above into an email and send it to yourself every day.  Problem solved!"


An update every week that there will take longer would be fine.

What you just said is like -ok, then we pay YOU when you deliver while STILL getting pre-order bonuses cause we pre-ordered but didn't pay.
Models and so on, MODDERS should have done that!
So now i hope you add that Laura Craft skin i nagged about--or else!

I know it will be a good game, but plz understand that we understand that the game can bi/IS late - we just want a SINGLE LOCKED post every week - or so.
(i know u get nuked for locking that post, but hey, forum war is all we got with no CMSF2 ;)

Demo, give us a buggy crappy demo, i need my shoot noooooow!!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Erwin said:

Uh, yah...  that's what we really need...

YES ;)


By the way...

After you guys are done with CMSF2 and feel a bit restless again... then its time for 1950-1953 Korea, YES?

Your engine manages the terrain etc?
Korea would be awesome to have in the collection.


Ty for your time and effort - your game concept is my all time favorite.
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, NeoOhm said:

YES ;)


By the way...

After you guys are done with CMSF2 and feel a bit restless again... then its time for 1950-1953 Korea, YES?

Your engine manages the terrain etc?
Korea would be awesome to have in the collection.


Ty for your time and effort - your game concept is my all time favorite.
 

wowowowowowowowow CMBS needs some Moduls. Cant let only the US shoot Russians, what about the rest of the western world.

The Ukrainians and Russians miss formations and gear. Where are the AK47´s and VDV and Marines of all sides.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/11/2018 at 12:49 AM, Mord said:

Back in 94-5ish there was this mini-Hitler in the town office in Gray, who refused to allow us to take a dead pine down for this guy because he lived on a lake.Mord.

Sigh.  Sadly some people don't know what their job really is all about.  The local CEO has authority to make judgement calls like that, especially on snags posing safety risks.  I'm guessing Gray got a nice sized lawsuit after.

On 10/11/2018 at 12:59 AM, Sakai007 said:

I bet you guys were busy after that storm last October, wind comes in from a slightly different direction and all of a sudden everyone had trees down in their yard. Just a month ago we had a 10 MINUTE storm in Brunswick, knocked power out for the entire day for a quarter of Cumberland County and most of Sagadahoc, Lincoln, and Knox.

A tree must have fallen on a critical CMP hamster wheel :D  Seriously, years ago we lost power for a day because a squirrel got into a sub station transformer and blew it out.  Bad day for the squirrel for sure!

On 10/11/2018 at 1:24 AM, Mord said:

For all you guys that don't know what a Brown Tail can do, here's a pic of the effect their hairs have on people.

Yikes!  That's a serious allergic reaction.  Like when my mom gets a black fly bite... looks like a golf ball.  Man I hate those fuzzies.  Only gotten tangled a few times and at first didn't know what caused it.  IIRC even the hairs floating around on their own can give you a good rash.  Definitely not fun.

On 10/11/2018 at 1:48 AM, Aragorn2002 said:

It wasn't a typo, Mord. I hope BF will surprise us with regard to the CMRT module, but I fear the worst. CMSF2 will take most of their energy for the rest of this year, then the module for Italy (summer 2019?) and then....well, let's hope things will be different. Having said that I must admit that I'm having a great time with the Winter mod for CMRT at the moment, so the pressure is off as far as I'm concerned. But I still wonder what's the status of the module, apart from that it's being worked on by some members of the team.

CMRT's Module should be out way, way before Christmas of next year.  But it's being done largely out of house so the exact timing isn't as in our control as usual.  Which could be a good thing :D

Steve

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×