The state of CMSF2

Regarding Marine exercises and landings. The exercises in Norway are using propositioned equipment. Hey maybe the next modern family. Combat Mission Arctic Front. US, Norwegian, British and Dutch units in snow covered mountainous terrain. And this time we start with the Marines. :D

http://www.businessinsider.com/us-marines-extending-deployments-to-norway-for-arctic-training-2017-6

4 hours ago, MikeyD said:

All CM titles, when you add an additional 200 meters of terrain to the left  (west) side a map all of the placed units will be displaced 200 meters to the left of their original positions.  I don't think you encounter the same problem adding more territory to the right (east) side. But Syria doesn't have an east coast. :P

4 hours ago, RepsolCBR said:

Applies to flavored objects also... And i belive that the displacement of units and objects will happen regardless of which map side you expand...but i might be missremembering on this one ;)  

When the south or west edge of the map is lengthened or shortened units on the map will move the same amount of action spots and in the same direction (every map editor depth or width click will lengthen or shorten a map edge by two action spots (16 meters).  When the north or east edge of the map is lengthened or shortened units on the map will remain in their original location. 

I discovered this a few years ago when I expanded a map to the west and all the units on the map were displaced the same distance to the west.  So I thought no problem.  I'll add the same amount of terrain to the east side of the map and all the units will end up back in their original positions but I'll have my extra terrain.................   Unfortunately  it doesn't work like that or it would be an easy work around.  :angry:         

1 hour ago, Dynaman216 said:

Did they get a date?

Yeah but it didn’t go well and there wasn’t a second date. Memory recalls he got blacklisted on Match. Oh wait what were we talking about?

seriously what do you mean did they get a date?  I’ll look around there is a more current article, but that was what popped up. As far as I know there is an ongoing Marine exercise in Norway. 

1 minute ago, Sequoia said:

Crap sorry, 847 isn't the post number that's you up votes. Anyway the post between Mikey Dynaman. It will all make sense.

It would except I just polished off a very good bottle of wine. Can you be a little more explicit? I need the help :D

Double crap. This is turning out really weird. I meant the post between MikeyD and Dynaman.  :( And I haven't even had any alcohol. Anyway the post below

4 hours ago, sburke said:

Regarding Marine exercises and landings. The exercises in Norway are using propositioned equipment. Hey maybe the next modern family. Combat Mission Arctic Front. US, Norwegian, British and Dutch units in snow covered mountainous terrain. And this time we start with the Marines. :D

http://www.businessinsider.com/us-marines-extending-deployments-to-norway-for-arctic-training-2017-6

okay I am buzzed, comfortably so, but am still confused.  From the above this is what I posted,  Can you highlight what it is you are referring to?

Meanwhile this is the more current article I was referring to

http://www.businessinsider.com/marines-tanks-drill-near-russias-border-with-finland-for-first-time-2018-5

oh wait  propositioned equipment?  No that was intended, they are Marines after all.  :D

2 hours ago, IICptMillerII said:

Steve said to expect CMSF2 no later than the end of July. This of course means it will likely be released sometime around the 3rd week of August :lol:

Optimist!  Happy though, giving a date like that means things are progressing, doing software coding for a living I realize things can go right off the rails however.

If I only own CMSF1 and none of the extra modules (can't find them in my account! don't know if I bought them on a different account I don't know about or what is going on there) would it be prudent for me to buy the extra modules in order to upgrade everything for the $35?

I had to think about that for a second. No need to buy the full upgrade if you just have the old basegame. If you want to purchase modules they're going to be CMSF2 product without the need to upgrade. The old CMSF1 is going to disappear from BFC store items (I believe).

Steve,

If you see this, hopefully you can answer this one for me. Are there any plans to have the engine worked to accept larger maps in the distant future? The most I can manage now is 5x5 Km. Obviously this is no real priority anytime soon but I really wanna get raz full working! :P

Thanks!!

14 minutes ago, Michael Emrys said:

Or sometime between Halloween and Thanksgiving.

;)

Michael

Yikes, I hope you're being facetious for all our sakes!

8 minutes ago, Artkin said:

Steve,

If you see this, hopefully you can answer this one for me. Are there any plans to have the engine worked to accept larger maps in the distant future? The most I can manage now is 5x5 Km. Obviously this is no real priority anytime soon but I really wanna get raz full working! :P

Thanks!!

I too am hoping that as the engine continues to evolve and improve the sizes of maps increases. The good news is, the precedence for this is good. Maps in CMSF1 were pretty small compared to what is possible now. Hopefully the trend continues and we get continually larger max map sizes. I think its especially important for the modern titles. 

3 minutes ago, IICptMillerII said:

Yikes, I hope you're being facetious for all our sakes!

I am always a little pessimistic. If things turn out as I predict, I have the satisfaction of being proven right. If things turn out better, then I have the gratification of living in a better world than I feared would be the case. So if Steve plays Trick or Treat on us, I can always say, "I told you so," but if it comes out actually in July, I can join the rejoicing crowds dancing in the streets.

:)

Michael

4 minutes ago, Michael Emrys said:

I am always a little pessimistic. If things turn out as I predict, I have the satisfaction of being proven right. If things turn out better, then I have the gratification of living in a better world than I feared would be the case. So if Steve plays Trick or Treat on us, I can always say, "I told you so," but if it comes out actually in July, I can join the rejoicing crowds dancing in the streets.

:)

Michael

Ahh, a fellow cynic! Hope for the best, expect the worst has been a fallback of mine for a good while now. 

However, there may be a bit more hope than expectant. Check out the interview I just posted in the "CM Update" thread.