A long delayed update

Hi fine friends I do more lurking then talking since most of you take the wind out of my sails or just plain no more. If our game goes steam I am ok with it. true as one of us said there is a lot of junk but ours is not and that will show through for the company some day. and for us there is just less leg work for updates etc. most of us wil cut through the cheese easly and you can reinstall a game at will to say the least...no more freaky patches. if this post is a reapeat of other I apologize i'm not not the best lurker either :P...thanks for all the great and fun posts..my regards to you and BF staff.

Just to set the right baseline- there is no freaky patch items anymore - you install the full dl and you will always be up to date. The full installer is always current.   Pretty much the same as steam as it just reinstalls in my experience.  So no real value add there - and you can reinstall at will.  The advantage we currently have is I can keep a copy of the full installer locally and reinstall as often as I want w/o internet access.  Maybe I can do that with Steam, but to date that hasn't been my experience. I have a couple games on steam and reloading them for me is a pain as I am now driven to a long DL. 

The negative side is the license keys are still a pain.  When I installed the 4.0 patch I had to use different keys for each product.  One was the original purchase key, one was the previous patch key, and the last one I forget what it was.  With all the extra content and patch keys for Normandy finding the correct one to do an install can be a pain.

On 6/24/2018 at 8:16 PM, sburke said:

understood, but again once you do the full installer you don't have to think about that anymore.  Luke go to the dark side......

I don't know about you but I do.  Every time I install the latest it is a guessing game which license key it wants.

14 minutes ago, Dynaman216 said:

I don't know about you but I do.  Every time I install the latest it is a guessing game which license key it wants.

I am not sure why that is a guessing game for you.  Once you know the key you should be using you shouldn't have to guess anymore.  Downloading the full installer if you have not bought anything new should use the same key.  If you bought something new you use the new key.  Are you using the full installer or are you referring back to previous experience?

23 hours ago, sburke said:

I am not sure why that is a guessing game for you.  Once you know the key you should be using you shouldn't have to guess anymore.  Downloading the full installer if you have not bought anything new should use the same key.  If you bought something new you use the new key.  Are you using the full installer or are you referring back to previous experience?

By the time I reload it I don't remember the key from the last time.  It has been over a year now...  

2 minutes ago, Dynaman216 said:

By the time I reload it I don't remember the key from the last time.  It has been over a year now...  

LOL I don't remember my key from one day to the next, however you can find out your key on the BF website - just log in and go to my account.  Heck I can still see my original CMSF licenses.  C'mon you guys can't possibly be more computer illiterate than me!  Go to website, find key, go to page for full installer, apply key, DL.  Activate with same key..... 

Wow I bought CMSF for my birthday exactly 10 years ago...… dang.

It is harder for me to decide what to have for breakfast on the weekend.  Okay that isn't fair, I sometimes have no idea what I want for breakfast other than coffee.

7 hours ago, sburke said:

LOL I don't remember my key from one day to the next, however you can find out your key on the BF website - just log in and go to my account.

Which I did just yesterday. The reason I didn't do that a couple of days sooner is that I couldn't for the life of me remember my user name in the store!

:lol:

Michael

9 hours ago, Dynaman216 said:

I created a document for the purpose of keeping track of keys. Now, when I reinstall, I just go to my document, find the game and copy and paste the key.

As Graviteam’s creations and those of Battlefront.com regularly find themselves rubbing Schürzen in forum posts and reviews, I asked Vladimir if he felt BFC was missing a trick by not making the Combat Missions available through platforms like Steam. Given Graviteam’s own distribution approach, his answer came as a bit of a surprise:

“They have their own audience and their own tried-and-tested platform. Going to Steam would probably make it not as profitable, and the effect of the transition may not be significant given the percentage that Steam takes. After all, wargames have their own audience, this genre is not very optimal for mass distribution platforms aimed mainly at games of simpler and more popular genres.”

https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2018/06/29/the-flare-path-ukrainian-edition/

The Graviteam game based on a region in Kazahkstan gets in the Ukrainian based article but not CMBS? Wtf who writes this stuff. 

Soldiers heroes of WW2? Really? Why not put up Steel Panthers? Theyre both practically from a generation ago.. two decades old each.

My point is why throw up old games that werent really that great when you have (And acknowledge) newer games that BLOW the older completely out of the water. 

Edited by Artkin

21 hours ago, Artkin said:

The Graviteam game based on a region in Kazahkstan gets in the Ukrainian based article but not CMBS? Wtf who writes this stuff. 

"Compiled on Ukraine’s Constitution Day, this FP only covers games made in the world’s 46th largest country."

Mord.

On 6/30/2018 at 9:01 PM, Artkin said:

I believe CM:BS was covered. Flare Path covers a lot of content and usually that means whatever new release is hitting is going to get attention and older games are going to get less attention. Battlefront hasn't released a new module in like a year+? so they haven't had a lot of coverage. I'm sure CM:SF2 will get covered when it launches.

• 2 weeks later...