Please help stop Active Shooter's release on Steam

For those who don't already know, June 6, 2018 will mark the rollout of Active Shooter, a FPS in which the player can be either SWAT OR a school shooter. Not only is the latter option a bad idea generally, but it's profoundly worse given recent events. Kids today are already heavily desensitized and many are on meds(Prozac, etc.) known to generate angry acting out and such. The disaffected are now lonelier than ever and exposed to an acute an awareness  of everything they're missing in ways unimagined when I was growing up. SM harassment allows dreadful abuse to be brought down on some disfavored one from around the planet. Mind, the above are just some of the well known aspects of the matter, though many don't know about the med connection to violence, and the media aren't helping. The LAST thing we need right now is something to further invite, incite, inspire, motivate, even train someone to execute a school shooting. I therefore ask your support to either help stop this or at least  remove the school shooter player option from Active Shooter. Thanks!

Regards,

John Kettler 

tbh I think the media coverage of the events until the next goads probable killers more than anything. but i also think these shooters would probably end up doing something terrible either way.

That said the game sounds like its in terrible taste and I cant see the fun in it.I mean some kid is no threat to a SWAT team its all about the body count one side for one side against. if we want that lets just play a vietnam fps. 

I am glad to see this worthless bundle of bits and bytes gone from a store. They really need to get rid of all this nonsense that looks like it was made by a dilapidated hamster in the 1920s. You look at the new releases and all you see is minecraft clones, RPG maker games and anime dating sims.

This being said, I am skeptical that this, even with the aid of dope, can inspire someone to go out and murder people. Not to sound insensitive (one of these crazies drove through a bunch of people here, not that long ago), but you can't blame genetic deficiencies, the lack of upbringing and culture on a shovelware game on Steam.

This is a sensitive topic, and generally not a good one for this forum -- so I'm just going to stop there.

Edited by DerKommissar

I agree DerKommisar

I think the people who.d do this crazy stuff would anyways. its just a matta of degreees on how bad what theyd evemtually do is. 

its been fairly well documented violent video games music etc do not cause crimes.

It was removed from the store because it pirated assets owned by someone else.

As far as I'm concerned, people can make games about whatever they want, no matter how tasteless.

There's even a game out there that lets you assassinate Kennedy. So what?

On ‎5‎/‎31‎/‎2018 at 8:32 AM, Sublime said:

tbh I think the media coverage of the events until the next goads probable killers more than anything. but i also think these shooters would probably end up doing something terrible either way.

I agree.