Bug? Friendly fire no longer causes suppression

It used to be that if you ordered a machinegun to fire on a position, and then moved up a friendly infantry unit, then the friendly unit would be suppressed by the friendly incoming fire. This no longer seems to happen.

I tested it out in CMFB (4.0) using 3 Shermans firing machineguns only on a straggler group of infantry. No suppression was caused, even after several minutes against green troops.

Tried changing various things, such as firing from close and from afar, at night and day, and at both iron and elite difficulty levels. Same results.

Working as intended?

Edited by Bulletpoint

Ok, tried some more testing.

Strangely, friendlies DO get suppressed when I load up a scenario such as "A muddy affair" and test there. But in my own scenarios made only for testing, units are completely immune to suppression from their own side. No matter if they are in fields or in buildings.

56 minutes ago, Bulletpoint said:

Ok, tried some more testing.

Strangely, friendlies DO get suppressed when I load up a scenario such as "A muddy affair" and test there. But in my own scenarios made only for testing, units are completely immune to suppression from their own side. No matter if they are in fields or in buildings.

Seemed alright in my quick test scenarios? Seem to indeed have an much better resistance to friendly than enemy fire. But not immune?

Edited by Oliver_88

8 minutes ago, Oliver_88 said:

Seemed alright in my quick test scenarios? Seem to indeed have an much better resistance to friendly than enemy fire. But not immune?

I'm puzzled. In my test scenario, they get NO effect from friendly fire. Not even a tiny blip on the suppression meter. I'm not running any mods...

Trying to think about what it can be.

Maybe you would take a look at my test scenario, do a bit of friendly fire (target light with the tanks) and see if you get the same result?

11 minutes ago, Bulletpoint said:

I'm puzzled. In my test scenario, they get NO effect from friendly fire. Not even a tiny blip on the suppression meter. I'm not running any mods...

Maybe you would take a look at my test scenario, do a bit of friendly fire (target light with the tanks) and see if you get the same result?

Are you playing it in scenario test mode? If so....

2 hours ago, Bulletpoint said:

I do not have FB, would say sure send away otherwise, I was testing mine in BN.

Also the units experience or morale might be worth querying? I did not pay too much attention to those variables when I was testing to be honest.

Edited by Oliver_88

9 minutes ago, Oliver_88 said:

I do not have FB, would say sure send away otherwise, I was testing mine in BN.

Also the units experience or morale might be worth querying? I did not pay too much attention to those variables when I was testing to be honest.

Tested it with various units, green, reguar, veteran, with or without +1 or -1 leadership, morale.. basically just fired into a huge clump of randomly generated infantry. No uints showed any suppression...

The purpose of the scenario mode is to test AI triggers and movement behaviour and is not intended for "live" play. So no you are quite wrong there; the point of the scenario test mode is not to test effects of suppression! However, the point is certainly mute, if it's not applicable in any case.

7 hours ago, The Steppenwulf said:

The purpose of the scenario mode is to test AI triggers and movement behaviour and is not intended for "live" play. So no you are quite wrong there; the point of the scenario test mode is not to test effects of suppression! However, the point is certainly mute, if it's not applicable in any case.

Yes, it's a moot point, because while I don't think scenario test mode affects suppression, I was testing on Iron and Elite in these two cases.