Bundeswehr trains for a new deployment in the Baltics

20 hours ago, sid_burn said:

Lmao this is a woke derailment. Partisans in WWII didn't derail things this effectively. 

God Bless

I don't see how his comment is a derailment. It's common sense and very relevant to the subject and although our 'freedom of speech' doesn't expand to this kind of logical conclusions, evidence can be seen and found rather easily. The figures about the costs and the increased crime are not published by the German government, but you only have to walk through a big German city nowadays to see the problem. Or talk to Germans (especially the police or civil servants!) when they are not on camera.

I understand this site doesn't want this kind of discussions, but to call everyone who mentions this huge problem a fascist or extreme-right winger won't do in my opinion. There always should be a place for real refugees (I count quite a few of them among my friends, especially from Afghanistan), but what's happening in Germany is indeed lunacy.  It may not be the main reason for the German defence problem, but it certainly is part of it.  It's just hard to prove with figures and facts because nobody dares to publish them or say it openly. That's the state of our freedom of speech anno 2018.

(Political, off topic video link deleted by BFC)

10 hours ago, Battlefront.com said:

My two bits on the German defense budget.  Contrary to views of people who live in a caves, Merkel has been slowly increasing military spending:

infografik_8292_deutschlands_militaeraus

https://www.thelocal.de/20170301/this-is-how-much-german-military-spending-has-grown-over-time

There's lots of reasons why things have apparently been getting worse.  The primary one is what PzKraut brought up... scale.  If you're going to have a military budget for what amounts to a local defense force, then have a local defense force that fits that budget.  Most of the militaries in Europe have scaled their capabilities way back since the Cold War days.  Especially on logistics end.  Germany, on the other hand, outwardly appears to be in the same league as Britain and France in terms of range of capabilities.  In reality it isn't because the money isn't there to keep things running.

The reasons for the decline of the Bundeswehr can be traced back to the 1970s.  I had a friend who served in the late 1970s and another who served in the late 1980s.  Both of them said they didn't think the BW was ready for war.  It's only gotten worse since 1990 when Reunification happened and Germans were faced with huge costs of reintegrating East Germany AND saw no immediate threat from the east.  Couple this with decades of anti-war sentiment country wide, it's not difficult to see why things fell apart so badly.

The political will in the German government to address the underlying problems of the BW and society seems to be lacking.  However, the attention focused on this seems to finally be shaming Germans, of all political stripes, to at least talk about the problems.  Will something significant change without a war happening?  I don't know, but I hope so.  Germans are wasting their resources trying to do too much with too little.

Steve

Aren't you any longer one of the owners of the company? Only a kolkhoz working stiff?

I ask because although the development speed of you rproducts is fast as a snail you ignore customer questions but instead prefer to "invest" time in making political statements. Just lLike a kholkoz worker who does not care about business. ;)

3 hours ago, CarlWAW said:

Aren't you any longer one of the owners of the company? Only a kolkhoz working stiff?

I ask because although the development speed of you rproducts is fast as a snail you ignore customer questions but instead prefer to "invest" time in making political statements. Just lLike a kholkoz worker who does not care about business. ;)

Seriously - wow. Steve is working hard on the products, as are other people. Another of his concerns is maintaining the relatively good atmosphere on these forums. In fact it is a necessary business strategy IMHO. If people here would refrain from trolling and other bad behaviour Steve could spend more time working on product. As is stands keeping poor behaviour in check *is* part of his job. Personally I find Steve to be *very* forgiving. If it was up to me there would be more banned people bad mouthing me on other forums :D

3 hours ago, CarlWAW said:

I'm here because bad behavior requires me to divert time away from other activities.  I've had 4 hours of sleep because of the "snails pace" so don't try my patience.

As for the "political" part of my statement... telling someone who doesn't know his arse from his elbow because he's got his head firmly planted in one of the two spots isn't political, it's a statement of fact.

Aragorn just got himself a formal warning too.  Frankly, I should have just banned him for so blatantly disregarding what I just wrote and obligating me to come back a second time to this thread.  It's not like this is his first time breaking the Forum rules.

Now, instead of being obligated to come back here a third time I'm locking this up.

Steve