Small thing I noticed - hiding vehicles don't turn off engine sounds

3 hours ago, Vanir Ausf B said:
14 hours ago, Bozilas said:

... So here's a question.... in the manual, it says "Infantry receive NO benefit from hiding in open terrain"

The manual is wrong about that.

That is interesting.  Just curious:  How do you know?  Did you experiment or is there revised info someplace?

12 hours ago, Erwin said:

That is interesting.  Just curious:  How do you know?  Did you experiment or is there revised info someplace?

Not sure if you're asking me, I just quoted the manual... As far as I know, hiding in open terrain does not benefit infantry --- they don't even go prone.  But tip... a very short slow move with a full pause at the waypoint will make them lie  and remain prone,  if you MUST stop in open terrain, it's better than nothing.

2 hours ago, Bozilas said:

Not sure if you're asking me, I just quoted the manual... As far as I know, hiding in open terrain does not benefit infantry --- they don't even go prone.  But tip... a very short slow move with a full pause at the waypoint will make them lie  and remain prone,  if you MUST stop in open terrain, it's better than nothing.

I believe Erwin was asking Vanir. Though with reference to my bold I am sure I see mine go prone at least when ordered to hide in open terrain.

Edited by Oliver_88

I'm away from my manual at the moment, but here is how I remember it- there is "Cover" and "Concealment". Concealment is terrain based- "light woods" offer more than "grass", etc.. "Cover" is how much protection is offered from various types of incoming fire once spotted.

Concealment= how easily spotted the unit is in occupied terrain (unit size plays a factor- sound, I'm not sure exactly how it works "under the hood" as far as contacts)

Cover= how much added protection that terrain offers from incoming fire.

Infantry receive NO benefit from hiding in open terrain.

See I cannot find that in the 4.0 manual, nearest I can discover is this segment below on page 57.

Restrictions - hiding is no good if the enemy is already firing at you, or if you are trying to hide in open ground in full view of the enemy.

And I do not believe that's quite saying the same thing.

Edited by Oliver_88

21 hours ago, Oliver_88 said:

I believe Erwin was asking Vanir. Though with reference to my bold I am sure I see mine go prone at least when ordered to hide in open terrain.

I see --- Maybe I imagined that they do not go prone.. I'll try a hide command in open terrain and see what happens.