Rubble on wrong floors of ruined buildings

Plot thickens: I noticed that after playing some time on the second scenario, all rubble is now on the bottom floor again.

It seems the rubble starts on the upper floor on first load of the scenario, but then drops down to ground level when the mission is played a bit, saved, then loaded again.

@IanL Because the rubble comes from the collapsed roof and thus shouldn't drop all the way down through the building, through the intact floors. Also, it's a helpful aid to the player to be able to see that the uppermost floor can't be entered.

I think it's pretty obvious that the rubble was intended to stay at the upper floor where it starts out. Then it drops down for some reason.

But yeah, it's not an end of the world bug. Just an immersion thing. Thought I'd flag it.

Edited by Bulletpoint

If i see any problems at all with the destroyed roofs...

On ‎2018‎-‎04‎-‎15 at 10:48 PM, Bulletpoint said:

When a building has a ruined roof, the uppermost floor is inaccessible. 

This might be it...

I don't neccesarely feel that movement to the top floor of a building should be entirely prohibited because of a damaged roof. Many of the maps have buildings with just 2 or 3 floors...

This 'rule' might limit the options for troop placement a bit to hard...IRL i belive that troops would in many cases be able to get into those places and find good fighting possitions...

9 hours ago, RepsolCBR said:

If i see any problems at all with the destroyed roofs...

On 15/4/2018 at 10:48 PM, Bulletpoint said:

When a building has a ruined roof, the uppermost floor is inaccessible. 

This might be it...

I don't neccesarely feel that movement to the top floor of a building should be entirely prohibited because of a damaged roof. Many of the maps have buildings with just 2 or 3 floors...

This 'rule' might limit the options for troop placement a bit to hard...IRL i belive that troops would in many cases be able to get into those places and find good fighting possitions...

Funny thing is, some houses actually allow you to enter all the floors even if the roof is destroyed.

This happens in the houses where where you can usually place troops in the actual roof (they have little windows to fire from). When the roof goes, you can still place guys in all the lower levels.

11 hours ago, Bulletpoint said:

11 hours ago, Bulletpoint said:

This happens in the houses where where you can usually place troops in the actual roof (they have little windows to fire from). When the roof goes, you can still place guys in all the lower levels.

True...

But it is my understanding that these buildings represent houses that have the 'top floor' at the same level as the roof...Just like IRL...Houses with sloping roofs and consequently internaly sloping ceelings on those  'top floors'...

With these buildings the roof is not just the roof...it is also the top floor. Thinking of it this way makes these buildings work the same way as the others do...The top floor is unavaliable if the roof is damaged.