When is Shock Force 2

Ive been away a year or so. I hear there's to be a shock force 2.  Yes I have tried to search the forum for the answer but couldn't find anything about eta. Anyone got news re this?

I was a little disappointed that its still based in Syria 2008 but hey.  That's probably preferable to the sci fi all tanks have aps thing in Black Sea :)

3 hours ago, silent one said:

Ive been away a year or so. I hear there's to be a shock force 2.  Yes I have tried to search the forum for the answer but couldn't find anything about eta. Anyone got news re this?

I was a little disappointed that its still based in Syria 2008 but hey.  That's probably preferable to the sci fi all tanks have aps thing in Black Sea :)

I doubt you’ll see a reliable date on expected release, but it is happening for sure.  We’ll just have to wait until Steve surfaces with a new update. To your point about setting, I wouldn’t worry about that too much.  The more important point as you noted is it isn’t the uber all seeing all knowing armor of  CMBS.  ;)  this is going to be a really fun title to see released in the current engine. 

2 hours ago, silent one said:

There have been posts from Steve about the plans but he never gives an ETA because he is not time driven he is quality driven. So, nothing new here. The public statements are about what is in the works and possibly what order it will come out but there is *never* a delivery time specified. Heck even once an AAR starts, or the pre orders come out he still does not actually specify a time. Of course some of us try to make predictions about that:

2 hours ago, silent one said:

?? I have trouble seeing what practical alternative there would be. Of course they could create a game that depicts Syria in 2018 if they wanted but that would be a whole new back story with new gear and new content. They chose to update the current game to the new engine which is awesome. I am still baffled why people keep saying stuff like the above.

6 minutes ago, IanL said:

?? I have trouble seeing what practical alternative there would be. Of course they could create a game that depicts Syria in 2018 if they wanted but that would be a whole new back story with new gear and new content. They chose to update the current game to the new engine which is awesome. I am still baffled why people keep saying stuff like the above.

Totally agree your point, particularly when Syria 2018 is perfectly doable in CMSF and will be in CMSF2 to anybody who wants to click the 'Scenario Editor' button. I have a lot of plans for CMSF2 ...

44 minutes ago, Combatintman said:

Totally agree your point, particularly when Syria 2018 is perfectly doable in CMSF and will be in CMSF2 to anybody who wants to click the 'Scenario Editor' button. I have a lot of plans for CMSF2 ...

I don’t think I have been this excited about a title since CMBN. 

1 hour ago, Combatintman said:

I have a lot of plans for CMSF2 ...

I look forward to seeing those almost as much as I look forward to the game.  B)

I've been mucking about with CM:BS in order to learn some more of the new things I will need to know for CM:SF II.....I'm building a couple of things vaguely modelled on the Chechen Wars, under the working title 'Fragmentistan 2' (The Russians are mostly built with Ukrainians in this one, so hopefully everyone can still feel like the good guys when they play as Red.  ;) )

Edited by Sgt.Squarehead

On ‎11‎/‎04‎/‎2018 at 4:25 PM, rocketman said:

Maybe I'm reading something into nothing, but there has been a lot of CMSF mods posted in the last 24h at CMMODS - maybe because of "imminent" release or announcement of it? Here is to hoping so B)

Rocketman,  I was thinking the exact same thing!! Saw all that activity and thought there must be something going on.  I am sure it is just coincidence but I am hoping this one is getting close now. 

57 minutes ago, Bootie said:

I just found a pocket of mods that havent been transferred and am working my way through them... apologies for the flare going up... purely accidental.

Sure, sure ........................ nothing to see here ............ move along................. purely accidental..... purely ............ think of it as a coincidence ............ :ph34r:.  

Good luck with that Bootie :D.

Was that evil? Sorry couldn't help it :D :lol: :).

HAHAHA... yeah it's like shouting out in a crowded room... Bootie farted and pointing at me.  Everyone turns and stares...

But nah... nothing as exciting... its just I found an egg and onion sandwich left over from yesterday's lunch.  :)

Thanks for the input guys. Frankly Im shocked by the lack of information from the developers. I know they are a small outfit but still...  Im also a bit disappointed  that its just an update to v4 rather than something new.  A historical Iraq or other future gulf setting would have been good.  I guess though one desert can stand in for another and I can pretend :) 

The original shock force demo got me into these games. Im really looking forward to this setting more than any other to be honest.

8 minutes ago, silent one said:

Thanks for the input guys. Frankly Im shocked by the lack of information from the developers. I know they are a small outfit but still...  Im also a bit disappointed  that its just an update to v4 rather than something new.  A historical Iraq or other future gulf setting would have been good.  I guess though one desert can stand in for another and I can pretend :) 

The original shock force demo got me into these games. Im really looking forward to this setting more than any other to be honest.

Just for a little clarity - upgrading CMSF to engine 4 is a huge undertaking.  It was either keep in this setting or BF wasn't going to do it.  I think all of us would love them to add more to it, but we are all going to just have to enjoy what we get. (and we will all likely use it to make what we want - Mogadishu anyone?)

19 hours ago, sburke said:

Mogadishu anyone?)

YES!!!

18 hours ago, silent one said:

Karballa gap and Fallujah for me . But with only a little modding of infantry skins we could have a Mogadishu. Id play that  :)

There is an African Theater Mod pack for CMSF 1.  I think @MikeyD may have created it , or parts of it.  I played some CMSF 1 scenarios he made while using this mod pack.  Very cool.  It may have to be updated for CMSF 2?  Not sure.  But there is a African mod pack out there right now.      

EDIT:  African Mod Pack thread. 

Edited by MOS:96B2P

On 4/14/2018 at 11:05 AM, silent one said:

As many have noted before, BFC is just a couple of dedicated guys (and a disembodied brain in a jar) with a vision and mad hacker skilz, working at remote secure locations offworld, guarded by Space Lobsters and Waffelgrenadiere clones.

They are the only shop that attempts to marry the tactical hex and counter wargames most of us grew up on with the look and feel of tactical shooters. The customer market is "niche" but also extremely particular, as are the designers. To paraphrase Conrad: "They are 'one of us'." 

So to use the ancient pillars of project management: Cost, Scope and Schedule (and in the real world, you can only really have 1 and part of another).... 

with limited budgets and artisan quality required, time must be BFC's slack variable.

No need to be shocked. There are plenty of fantastic tactical shooters out there to divert yourself with in the meantime, but they won't scratch our particular itch.

Patience!