Sign in to follow this  
Captain Black

Update problem

Hi all.

Not played the sim in quite some time.
Have just updated BS from the patch page on the main site.
There were 2 patches, 1.04 and 2.10.
Every time I try to launch the game I now get a popup that says "Licence failure: Game engine 4 is required. Please run the activate product utility and enter the licence key."
Does this mean my original key?

Did you purchase the '4.0 Upgrade' for CMBS ? If not, then you'll want to install the 1.04 patch again and see if everything works. If not, then you'll need to reinstall CMBS again and then install the 1.01, 1.03 and 1.04 patches. The '2.10' patch is only for those who have purchased and install the 4.0 Upgrade.

Posted (edited)
14 hours ago, Schrullenhaft said:

Did you purchase the '4.0 Upgrade' for CMBS ? If not, then you'll want to install the 1.04 patch again and see if everything works. If not, then you'll need to reinstall CMBS again and then install the 1.01, 1.03 and 1.04 patches. The '2.10' patch is only for those who have purchased and install the 4.0 Upgrade.

Many thanks. I did not realise I had to purchase an upgrade. Does the upgrade add anything new? 

Edit: I just noticed the advert for Battle Pack 1. Is this what I need to purchase?

Edited by Captain Black

Re-instaled the 1.04 patch and all is working ok now.

I am still interested in upgrading to the new 4.0 engine upgrade though. Can anyone tell me how I go about purchasing the new engine?

Cheers.