Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Hi chaps... I have been using Juri's UI mods but can't find one for FI/GL... anyone know if he did one for this title?

I have searched the usual mod sites, but can't seem to find out whether he did one or not.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6.4.2018 at 8:49 PM, Trooper117 said:

Right, I've found the correct one now... it was a combination of Juju's CMBN UI, with an update to add the FI/GL units to it!

Happy days  :)

Can you share the links/file please?

 

Edit: found it

Edited by MANoWAR.U51

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Speaking of Juju's mod, can someone help with splash screen problems I am having with CMFI? I have followed Juju's instructions to the tee but now have a conflicting CMBN French Splash/CMFI opening splash screen that I can't get rid of. I have deleted the Z folder and still the same problem. Sorry if this has been addressed before - I did search the forums with all the keywords i could think of. See attached for the splash screen I am  getting for CMFI with the CMFI menu selections superimposed over it. Thanks in advance for any advice.

French Splash.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That does look odd. So, let me start by making sure I get what you are saying is happening - this is the main menu screen of CMFI and it some how has a Normandy mod files being displayed.

Assuming I have that right and assuming this is on a PC here is what I recommend you check. There are two possible locations for mods:

  1. The game install itself; check the contents of <install location>\Combat Mission Fortress Italy\Data. There should be no sub folders under that directory. If there is they should be removed.
  2. The game's document folder; check the contents of <document directory>\Battlefront\Combat Mission Fortress Italy\User Data\Mods. To remove all nods you need to delete any files in this directory. There should also not be any files or folders under the User Data directory - except for any hotkeys.txt file - that is supposed to be there.

There is one other thing that concerns me - the version number should be displayed in the lower right corner regardless of what mod is in use and I don't see anything there. I am not sure what it means to not have a version number displayed but I suspect it is not good. It might make sense to verify that the contents of the data folder is correct. If you look at the location from #1 there should be 11 .brz files:

Fortress Italy v100A.brz
Fortress Italy v100B.brz
Fortress Italy v101.brz
Fortress Italy v110.brz
Fortress Italy v110A Gustav Line.brz
Fortress Italy v110B Gustav Line.brz
Fortress Italy v110C Gustav Line.brz
Fortress Italy v111.brz
Fortress Italy v112.brz
Fortress Italy v100.brz
Fortress Italy v200.brz

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ok IanL - Mod Noob of the week award goes to me! 😑Yes, I was saving copies of the Mods in the document directory folder, so as soon as I emptied out this folder - problem solved. I thought the Z folder was where all the action was at and apparently I don't understand the significance of the Mods folder in the document directory. Deleting the files in this directory as you suggested solved the problem.

Also, I apologize that I was not clearer - for some reason I could not screen print my actual opening splash screen in the game so I just attached a JPEG of Juju's splash screen that was conflicting. In the game I actually had the gold lettering of CMFI superimposed over Juju's French splash screen - and yes it does show v1.20 in the lower right corner.

Now, my data folder does not exactly match what you show above - I do not have the Fortress Italy v100.brz and the Fortress Italy v200.brz files in my data folder, instead I have a Fortress Italy v120.brz and an "Intro" windows media file in my data directory. All other files match. The game has been working fine, including all the Gustav Line content. Should I still be worried?

Thank you for your help!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Jackson90 said:

Ok IanL - Mod Noob of the week award goes to me! 😑Yes, I was saving copies of the Mods in the document directory folder, so as soon as I emptied out this folder - problem solved. I thought the Z folder was where all the action was at and apparently I don't understand the significance of the Mods folder in the document directory. Deleting the files in this directory as you suggested solved the problem.

Good, glad that pointed you in the right direction. The mod folder in the documents directory is the new approved location for mods. You can still put them in a z folder in the data directory of your install but on Windows that is, by default, not writable location. I still use it for version specific mods - like the animated text. That way I can run more than one version of the game - not a typical need I realize.

 

11 hours ago, Jackson90 said:

Also, I apologize that I was not clearer - for some reason I could not screen print my actual opening splash screen in the game so I just attached a JPEG of Juju's splash screen that was conflicting. In the game I actually had the gold lettering of CMFI superimposed over Juju's French splash screen - and yes it does show v1.20 in the lower right corner.

Ah, that explains that then.

 

11 hours ago, Jackson90 said:

Now, my data folder does not exactly match what you show above - I do not have the Fortress Italy v100.brz and the Fortress Italy v200.brz files in my data folder, instead I have a Fortress Italy v120.brz and an "Intro" windows media file in my data directory. All other files match. The game has been working fine, including all the Gustav Line content. Should I still be worried?

Thank you for your help!

Oh that does not sound good. If you do not have the v200 file then you are likely not running the latest version - what does version is listed in the main menu screen in the lower left corner? Missing the v100 files does not sound good either I don't see how things could be working without those files.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, IanL said:

Oh that does not sound good. If you do not have the v200 file then you are likely not running the latest version - what does version is listed in the main menu screen in the lower left corner? Missing the v100 files does not sound good either I don't see how things could be working without those files.

It can”t.  The 100 files are the core of the game. Something is not right, either the later patches ets were installed to a different directory etc. far too much of the game is in those files. You would have missing items all over the place. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IanL and sburke: The version number that displays in the lower left corner of the splash screen when I start up CMFI is "v1.20."

I couple of weeks ago, I purchased the Gustav Line module, but could not get it to work, so I opened a Help-Ticket with CM Support and they had me run some install/patch routines. Once the GL module activated in the game, I closed the help ticket - and I've played through a couple of GL scenarios, one, start to finish without incident, and without anything that appeared to be missing. The scenario I played to the finish included GL additional content (Commonwealth troops and vehicles). However, you both have me concerned - so I will re-open the help ticket with CM and show them a screen shot of my data folder to at least get confirmation that something isn't broken, or continue to get it fixed if it is. Thank you both for pointing this out to me - I will keep posted on what I find out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IanL and sburke - update: Help ticket with CM closed - their Tech Support confirm that my CMFI Data Folder is absolutely fine and I should have no worries. I can at least rest easier with their confirmation.

Also, I've given up the hard to access Z folder and am using the mod folder in the documents directory with good success - so again, I much appreciate your help and advice! I will finish my comments here with this reply as I am I am already veering this thread way off track from the topic of the OP 😀. Thank you again for your help!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...