Impressive Arnhem doc on Amazon Prime

After joining Amazon Prime in a failed effort (driver delivered time but to unknown address) to get a desperately needed Mac keyboard the next day, I subsequently discovered the service included movies, which is how I found ARNHEM. This is a well done documentary featuring some heavy hitters like Kershaw, Beatty and Carruthers. It makes extensive use of a situation map, combat walks (with the narrator pointing clearly as to who was where from a given location), aerial recon images, aerial attack and jump and glider assault footage, ground combat film and stills (from both sides) and much more in a story told day by day, with the primary emphasis on the battle, as opposed to a heavy front end on the grand strategy and nitty gritty of the planning. At times, it gets down to the actions of a single company. Some of whats presented as visuals was familiar to me, but much else was not. About the only real gripes I have is some History Channel grade image disconnects, such as the narration describing all the German armor wrecked at Falaise, but a photo of a ruined truck, a King Tiger which is an exact match for the Becker Special 105 SPH on a Lorraine Schlepper chassis, etc. There are similar annoyances you can find for yourselves, but also some grog goodies you may not have ever seen Overall, though, I think this is a really good military documentary, one which covers an enormous amount of ground in under an hour. Believe Amazon offers a 30 day free trial Prime, which has other war piggery on it, too.

Regards,

John Kettler

Edited by John Kettler

Erwin,

I thought it was for super fast delivery and member deals, but did you know it also delivers groceries in insulated bags? Was inSprouts recently and watched one of the clerks assembling an order, in fact. Music is another big part of Prime. In fact, it was being pinged about not using the music that led to my learning about the movies and TV shows.

Regards,

John Kettler

Actually I joined for the TV shows and had no idea Amazon Prime made us eligible for fast delivery lol.  So thanks for the info.

Have to say tho' that Netflix (online) has much better and much more TV series content - new content being added all the time.  But you still get a much larger selection of movies using the Netflix DVD by mail subscription..