Once Upon a Time on the Western Front

5 hours ago, sburke said:

5 men down due to Sgt..... FURY!

This certifiable lunatic hero has broken third squad, finished my scout team, and killed a man in second squad. It’s quite bad news for me, but watching it all happen over less than 1 minute’s time was an astounding experience. 

Bud,

So cool.  Another one of those amazing moments in this game that leave you staring in shock and sends a shiver up your spine.  

After seeing and hearing the devastation wrought upon 3d squad, that rifleman from 2nd squad must have had ice water in his veins as he waited for the right moment.  A true jäger.

Great story telling Bud.  You took my breath away with the last series of panels.  

Heinrich505   

59 minutes ago, IanL said:

Triple post! Nice, I thought I was the only one able to get things that messed up. :-)

It lies in wait, you know. Then when some innocent, unsuspecting person comes along, out it leaps and seizes you around the ankles, dragging you back into its voracious maw. [shudder]

Michael

On 2018-04-14 at 11:41 PM, Heinrich505 said:

Bud,

So cool.  Another one of those amazing moments in this game that leave you staring in shock and sends a shiver up your spine.  

After seeing and hearing the devastation wrought upon 3d squad, that rifleman from 2nd squad must have had ice water in his veins as he waited for the right moment.  A true jäger.

Great story telling Bud.  You took my breath away with the last series of panels.  

Heinrich505   

Thanks, Heinrich! I think the comment below says it well:

On 2018-04-15 at 1:22 AM, sburke said:

and that ladies and gentleman is Combat Mission. nuff said

11 minutes ago, StieliAlpha said:

I don’t want to be picky, but this letter probably would have been completely blackened between “Dearest Paula” and “your Hirschie”. 😎

Don‘t think, this sort of reporting would have been appreciated by the censors.

They’d have to get to see it first. Hirsch has not had a chance to post anything in weeks... ;)

2 hours ago, Bud Backer said:

He wrote these after the battle, of course. Snippets of writing when one has a moment. :huh:

Ahhh, I see you have the story line very well thought through.

Will we see a panel with Hirsch and the firing squad at the end? Or will he receive the Ritterkreuz nevertheless?🤔