Then and now... Where is the reality ?

I love these comparisons to show how close to reality it's possible to get in the game.

The only thing I could point out in this one was that the buildings on the right are at an angle in real life, and this could be achieved in the editor too.

Oh, and one more thing: The building with the big white gate has been represented by a barn in the game, because it also has a similar gate. However, that makes it really poor cover, whereas the real building looks very sturdy.

3 hours ago, Falaise said:

Saint Lambert /Dive at the time of Battlefront

180327061902260299.jpg

today

180327062451600526.jpg

in 1944 CMBN

180327062326782738.jpg

Same place today

180327062632344802.jpg

I speak with the inhabitant and he shows me that ...180327062912206979.jpg

1803270629414340.jpg

INCROYABLE  !!!!

the same place in 1944 in the real world

18032706550985930.jpg

:P

A great set of pictures. And even if the game doesn't have it spot on it's still close enough for me.

2 hours ago, StieliAlpha said:

A little of topic: I have been in Waterloo for the 2015 bicentennial. Indeed fascinating to see places, which you know from games only in real life. In that case Hougumont, La Haye and Placenoit.

Plancenoit is a great place for a pub lunch. No English to disturb me from the great Belgian beers.

19 hours ago, Warts 'n' all said:

Plancenoit is a great place for a pub lunch. No English to disturb me from the great Belgian beers.

Even more of topic: Stuff Belgian beer.

Or at least the special brews, like Cherry Beer.

Nothing better than straight hops, malt and water.

I think, I know your pub. I loved standing on the church yard just above it and imagining the Prussian Landwehr storming uphill through the narrow streets. I don’t think, I would have fancied to do their task.

Continuing off topic. Sadly, a lot "Cherry Beer" is no such thing. It's mass produced garbage full of syrup. Apart a few beers that have a dash of oats, the best Belgian ales contain nowt but,, water, malt, and hops(including classic English Fuggles and Goldings).

And you're right, that slope up to the church is best looked up, rather marched up with the French firing at you

Edited by Warts 'n' all

You are heartless
recalled Waterloo in a topic opened by a french !!! :huh:               :D
More seriously, I live on the ground where the  kampfgruppe Engel campaign is happening
I can not help thinking  about the game  when i move on the ground !

Of it there is in particular a hedge where I lost my jagpanther or I sigh as soon as I pass there

it's there....
180328104914122989.jpg

180328105407472573.jpg

15 hours ago, Sgt.Squarehead said:

Hats off to that map maker.  B)

For the first pictures I remodeled the houses to fit the reality and show the possibilities of the game.

But for the one with the jagpanther, I did not touch anything. As I said before I live on the battlefield and I can guarantee you that the quality of the map is perfect whether it is at Bourg Saint Leonard, Saint Lambert or the club at Montormel.
I can everywhere make you hundreds of comparisons photos that will have all this quality. In truth the whole scenario of this campaign, is a madness!
Some grumpy will find good on defects, Bourg Saint Leonard is of course not the 2nd panzer attack but the 2nd SS panzer. The author of this campaign knows it, but he has privileged the narrative aspect to reality just as he has taken some distance with reality to give more playability. This proves masterfully his mastery of the events of this battle.
I know this battle well, it's my job to tell it, I participated in the writing of several books I regularly write articles and it is therefore in knowledge I can tell you that the mastery is perfect.
I do not even imagine the amount of work, historical, topographical, contextual research and the intelligence and passion needed to achieve such a marvel.
It's hats off at all work.
In French: C'est un Chef d'œuvre  !!
I urge the author to contact me if he comes to Normandy I will serve him free guide to travel the battlefield.
Ps: he will not need a map he already knows perfectly places.

18 hours ago, Warts 'n' all said:

Continuing off topic. Sadly, a lot "Cherry Beer" is no such thing. It's mass produced garbage full of syrup. Apart a few beers that have a dash of oats, the best Belgian ales contain nowt but,, water, malt, and hops(including classic English Fuggles and Goldings).

And you're right, that slope up to the church is best looked up, rather marched up with the French firing at you

A good fresh Leffe  with a piece of cheese...Hmmm !!😏

On 28/3/2018 at 10:48 PM, Falaise said:

You are heartless
recalled Waterloo in a topic opened by a french !!! :huh:               :D
More seriously, I live on the ground where the  kampfgruppe Engel campaign is happening
I can not help thinking  about the game  when i move on the ground !

Of it there is in particular a hedge where I lost my jagpanther or I sigh as soon as I pass there

it's there....
180328104914122989.jpg

180328105407472573.jpg

Brilliant! I'd love a game where I can bombard and assault my neighbours...

it is exactly that :P
sometimes mechanically I tell myself by doing my plans
"I'm leaving from Franck's house, I'm progressing to the Duchemin's house ..."
The farm that you saw behind the jagpanther is at the Dantec and the castle behind the family of the Priest  De Costard. The owner is the last Survivor, these brothers and sisters were killed by a shell in the farm which is on the same map that just west of the wood
the 12th SS  HJ had installed his pc there and the allied artillery found the radio traffic

1 hour ago, Falaise said:

it is exactly that :P
sometimes mechanically I tell myself by doing my plans
"I'm leaving from Franck's house, I'm progressing to the Duchemin's house ..."
The farm that you saw behind the jagpanther is at the Dantec and the castle behind the family of the Priest  De Costard. The owner is the last Survivor, these brothers and sisters were killed by a shell in the farm which is on the same map that just west of the wood
the 12th SS  HJ had installed his pc there and the allied artillery found the radio traffic

Good job I like to see before/ after must be exited to recreated the real place that draw the destiny of some units...

Are the maps that you transforms available on download for everybodys??

7 minutes ago, Falaise said:

I just transformed the church and the house near the bridge that's all
for the rest it's the kampfkruppe Engel maps and the amazing work of ChrisND

Thank you but all houses and buildings that you transform are avalaible  for everybody's or is only personly things? 

Ps Have look on my Last Mod !!