JAVELIN TEAM ISSUE/BUG

Erwin

Have a Javelin team with 2 Javelins far away from any ammo resupply source.

An inf squad ACQUIRES 1 Javelin from an ammo dump (interface shows that the squad is now carrying one Javelin).  The inf squad is placed adjacent to the Javelin team.  Now the Javelin team shows 4 (not 3) Javelins.

If the inf squad is split into at AT team the AT team does NOT have any Javelin. 

However, when the rest of the squad with the Javelin is placed beside the Javelin team it now shows only 3 Javelins.

If I bring back the AT team (that has NO Javelins) and place it next to the Jav team and its squad, the Jav team still has 3 Javs. 

However, if one allows the AT team to recombine with its squad adjacent to the Javelin team, suddenly the Jav team shows 4 Javelins again.

Actually, you should be able to replicate the above in any game with US forces and Javelin teams during the set-up turn assuming one has a resupply source with spare Javelins in the same set up zone.   If you cannot replicate, then yes, I need to send you the file.  Am asking MOS if it's ok to let you taste his secret sauce.  :ph34r:

13 minutes ago, Erwin said:

Actually, you should be able to replicate the above in any game with US forces and Javelin teams during the set-up turn assuming one has a resupply source with spare Javelins in the same set up zone.   If you cannot replicate, then yes, I need to send you the file.  Am asking MOS if it's ok to let you taste his secret sauce.  :ph34r:

Go for it.  Maybe @JohnO would like to take it for a spin :).  

It happens at setup, here's the save.....I've placed one squad on the ammo dump, top left of the setup zone, but they haven't acquired the missiles yet.  The Javelin team is bottom right of the setup, try acquiring the missiles and moving the squad to the team for yourself: 

https://www.dropbox.com/s/1v9wd64spl91o30/JavBug.bts?dl=0

2 minutes ago, Sgt.Squarehead said:

It happens at setup, here's the save.....I've placed one squad on the ammo dump, top left of the setup zone, but they haven't acquired the missiles yet.  The Javelin team is bottom right of the setup, try acquiring the missiles and moving the squad to the team for yourself: 

https://www.dropbox.com/s/1v9wd64spl91o30/JavBug.bts?dl=0

Ok, got it, will take a look at it and get the other tester to look at it as well and will post it on the bug list. Will keep you guys inform on what happens.

3 hours ago, JohnO said:

send it to johnosboratgmaildotcom

Done.  You can check the phenomenon out at the large FOB where 1st Platoon sits in a set-up zone with Javelin team and supply dump with extra Javelins.

Oh wait...  SS just had to step in and be "The Man"...  ;)

When will you finish yer own scenarios and campaigns?

Edited by Erwin

Ok, I ran it and see the issue, had some of the tester ran it and see it as well, so I have Mantis it as a bug. Because we are working on other projects (FI, SF2 and others that I can't say because of the NDA) it may be awhile before there is a patch.

A related issue with a squad picking up a spare Javelin for use by another team is that no matter how I split the squad, the Javelin seems to stay with the least appropriate team.  Eg.  It never stays with the AT team.  The Javelin always stays with the 2-man Scout team, or the Assault team (it would be preferable to have it stay with the support section).

35 minutes ago, Erwin said:

A related issue with a squad picking up a spare Javelin for use by another team is that no matter how I split the squad, the Javelin seems to stay with the least appropriate team.  Eg.  It never stays with the AT team.  The Javelin always stays with the 2-man Scout team, or the Assault team (it would be preferable to have it stay with the support section).

Does the AT Team have a CLU? Does any of the squad have a CLU? You can have a Javelin without having a CLU.

The issue is that none of the teams of the inf squad have a CLU.  AFAIK there is no launcher available in the dump.

I merely had the squad ACQUIRE 1 Javelin and then tried splitting the squad into various team combinations.  In all cases, the least appropriate team would keep the Javelin (eg: the 2-man scout team would carry the Jav, but not the AT team).

Am presuming that this should be easily replicable.  If we are getting dysregulated over this, let me know.  No need for anhedonia.

No problem, it is being tested and will post the finial out come to it. Glad you caught it. As I posted it may be awhile before there is a patch due to the other work we're doing to the other CM.

If you or anybody else find something and it doesn't look right, feel free to send me an email or post on the forum and I will get it tested. I'm here to help out as much as I can. Except for the next two weeks starting tomorrow. Got a two week warfighter exercise here at Ft Carson. 

Edited by JohnO

Am able to reproduce.  Was curious why I never saw this despite playing a lot of CMBS. The parameters are a little specific, though the behavior is still weird.  The CLU or lack thereof is the trigger and it only shows from my tests if the Jav team is actually in the squad's platoon.  I tried with a Jav asset at company and Bn level and they do not replicate the behavior.  It seems to be a combination of a ToE artifact related to the Javelin and ammo sharing.

I think why I never saw this is I've always acquired the CLU by the squad and never tried having someone else grab the Javelin that didn't already have a CLU or wasn't in the squad's pltn organization.  I also have not played much with supply dumps and it seems they do not come with a CLU so you need to watch out who does the acquiring.  No idea when this behavior started.  As late as this week I've played a bunch with acquisition of Javs etc, and hadn't seen this, but was able to duplicate it immediately.

Doublechecked this just to make sure Bazookas did not replicate and they do not.

Purchase a stryker pltn hq, 1 squad and jav team all from same formation (Jav team is purchased and attached to inf pltn. A Jav team not part of the squad's pltn organization will not show this effect)
Take squad. Move into vehicle
acquire 1 Jav . squad now shows 1 Jav in inventory
Existing Jav team has CLU and 2 missiles showing.
Move inf squad next to jav
Jav team now shows 4 missiles
Split AT team off of Squad. Team B (AT team) shows no Javs in inventory Team A still shows the one Jav in inventory
Jav team inventory now shows 3 missiles
When Team B eventually merges back with team A, Jav team inventory jumps to 4 missiles.
If AT team splits off again and team A is moved away, Jav team now just shows original 2 missiles.
Take Team A, move into vehicle and acquire CLU. Unit now shows 2 Javs.
Move team A next to Jav team. Jav team now shows 3 missiles though team A shows 2 and Jav team has 2.
When squad merges formation Jav team shows 4 missiles as it should.