A bit of feedback for When Trumpets Fade

I wanted to send this message to Kohlenklau, but the forum tells me that he cannot receive messages. So instead of just binning my feedback, I thought I'd post it in public instead.

----

Hello, I just bought CMFB and was able to play your little scenario When Trumpets Fade.

Just wanted to say I played it and enjoyed it. Nicely done map and very challenging - and frustrating, but this is a Hürtgenwald battle after all, so it has to be frustrating :)

My result was a tactical defeat. Managed to put the tank on one of the objective zones though. I resisted the temptation to making an all-out rush towards the objectives in the last minute.

I'd like to play it again to see if I can do better, so I wanted to ask you if there's any replayability built into it? Or will all mines and Germans be placed in the same spots next time around?

I could check this out in the editor of course, but that would spoil it...

51 minutes ago, Bulletpoint said:

I just bought CMFB and was able to play your little scenario When Trumpets Fade.

Just wanted to say I played it and enjoyed it. Nicely done map and very challenging - and frustrating, but this is a Hürtgenwald battle after all, so it has to be frustrating :)

My result was a tactical defeat.

I only did marginally better with a "Draw". I'll certainly be giving it another go in the future.

12 hours ago, Sgt.Squarehead said:

Probably all the sniping that goes on, from those who contribute rather less, eh?

Or it could be just burn out.  Just look at the volume of work Mord put into the unit icons.  When it starts to feel like a regular job, it is no longer fun. 

23 minutes ago, StieliAlpha said:

Eh, did Kohl not pop up only a few weeks or month ago? I thought, I read a few posts from him.

I Think this is his latest post...

"I am happy to hear all that Steve said. My worries that the battlefront guys got busted with a mistress and their spouse's lawyers took away the company are proven false. :P

I will continue my CM hibernation for several more years and hope to emerge to see some new modules. No different from when I went into hibernation after CMAK and never emerged until well after CMBN came out. "

Posted october 11,  2017