New Scenario: Tactical Operations Center

3 hours ago, General Jack Ripper said:

The play-through has begun. Unfortunately, due to the low framerate of very large maps, no video will be forthcoming.

I will endeavor to take screenshots, so long as my inebriation doesn't cause me to forget.
I will also endeavor to avoid any potential spoilers.

CMBS $60.....Bottle of Good Whisky-$40....Inebriation while playing CMBS...PRICELESS.

5 hours ago, General Jack Ripper said:

It is a good time, but inebriation also leads to poor decision making, and many casualties. ;)

Thankfully, my men are all made from pixels. Pixeltruppen, if you will...

Well, some of us don't even get the happiness (or excuse) of inebriation when we make poor decisions that get our Pixeltruppen killed....I think your way is at least more pleasant.:D

Having finished for the day, I will offer one piece of advice for the future player of this scenario:

Ukrainian Separatists are NOT Shock Force Combatants.
This is NOT asymmetrical warfare.
When you meet the enemy, be prepared to kick their butts, or you WILL get yours kicked in turn.

I got quite a rude shock upon witnessing the realities of CMBS. Combats I would not hesitate to undertake in Shock Force are quite suicidal here.

Edited by General Jack Ripper

Finally got a chance to give this one a close look.  Simply put I am in awe. @MOS:96B2P you have not just set a new standard, you've shown how flexible CM can be to a degree most of us have never even considered. Twice in scenarios I have done for releases I have played with touch point locations for intel in attempts to make a scenario a little interactive.  Looking at them now it is like a kid's crayon drawing on the refrigerator compared to a Stephen Hawking's thesis.  No I am not embarrassed, I did use sharpened crayons after all.  :D  

The degree that you have to think about your force commitments based on intel that you have to examine closely knowing you can't really be sure sets this apart.  The map is nicely detailed, the situation is entirely credible.  The constant interaction is riveting.  This is one you have to play slow as you are likely going to have to divide your attention in multiple directions all the time. It is also apparent that you need to study the briefing.  This is not a "I have an hour let me start a quick fight to kill some time" scenario.  This is one you have to study first before you launch turn 1.  Be sure that you have some idea of how the mechanics work and the capabilities of your force before you ever touch the big red button.

Looking forward to what you do with CMSF2.

12 hours ago, sburke said:

This is one you have to play slow as you are likely going to have to divide your attention in multiple directions all the time. It is also apparent that you need to study the briefing.  This is not a "I have an hour let me start a quick fight to kill some time" scenario.  This is one you have to study first before you launch turn 1.  Be sure that you have some idea of how the mechanics work and the capabilities of your force before you ever touch the big red button.

I'm testing this one, and I agree. If I wasn't going as fast as possible for testing purposes, this is the type of scenario I could bury myself in for a month or two.

I've tried 'speed-running' this.....Didn't go well.  There is so much going on it is easy to miss things that might prove to be very important, or offer useful opportunities.

As @General Jack Ripper says, this is probably better viewed as a 'one-shot-campaign', to be played over an extended period in multiple sessions.....Realistically that's the only way with this one, but it suits the nature of the battle beautifully.

13 hours ago, General Jack Ripper said:

I'm testing this one, and I agree. If I wasn't going as fast as possible for testing purposes, this is the type of scenario I could bury myself in for a month or two.

Remember the days of Critical Hit selling ASL scenarios sometimes with units to punch out etc?  That is what this feels like.  I should be buying this with a laminated card with the Intel codes and a chart I can mark up with erasable marker for intel I have acquired and status etc  Damn that is what I need - an easel with a whiteboard! and a laminated map with grid lines! :D  

and for those completely freakin out about 4.0 - it doesn't seem to have any impact here that I've noticed.

Edited by sburke

V4 bug just is not an issue in this scenario.....Hence my vitriolic response to comments suggesting that it makes CM:BS unplayable, or that writing scenarios for it is futile while the bug exists.  

This is the best CM:BS scenario out there, by quite some margin IMHO......Sadly my p00ter has died so I can't play it right now.

Edited by Sgt.Squarehead

I know @MOS:96B2Pis still polishing this up and as the creator he will likely never be totally content.  However having finished a play through I can say this one is pretty damn well polished.  Amazing work.  I think I invested something on 12-14 hours in it and could easily have done more.  It is extremely addictive.  The design is like nothing I have seen and highly unlikely you could create this in any other tactical combat game.  I bow before you @MOS:96B2P.  If you were close enough by, I'd pick up your beer tab at the local pub for the next month.  Seriously in sheer terms of entertainment value I will get more out of this scenario alone than I'd get for a full AAA game title.  I am already editing the units for a different type fight utilizing everything in place you have built.  Can't wait for the Marine Module for CMBS to try swapping the Stryker unit out for them.

Edited by sburke

4 hours ago, General Jack Ripper said:

Wow. I've put in about ten hours myself, and I'm only 35 minutes into the scenario.
Clear difference in play style on display... :)

I think I could easily do that but I can’t quite dedicate the time right now.  :mellow:  it was either focus and blow through or have to set aside. I really wasn’t interested in the set aside option. 

@grunt_GI and @Andy_101 thanks for showing an interest.  Just polishing up some things in the late part of the scenario.  Also trying to mod tag some mods. RL got busy for myself and my PDF adviser/tester.  I'm hoping by the end of this month to have it out the door.  Below is a link to a few screenshots. 

http://community.battlefront.com/topic/117778-unofficial-screenshots-videos-thread/?do=findComment&comment=1741829