New Scenario: Tactical Operations Center

12 hours ago, LongLeftFlank said:

Wow. Just read this thread at last, @MOS:96B2P, so now I understand what all the fuss was about.

Glad Ramadi is still contributing to the far envelope of CM design!

:D Thank you, Sir.  And thank you for creating a great urban map to set scenarios in.    

Edited by MOS:96B2P

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On ‎4‎/‎1‎/‎2019 at 7:43 PM, Erwin said:

Good "camerawork" and looks great.  For some reason my graphics even at 2700x1800 doesn't look as good. 

However, for only half an hour of combat seems to have taken more casualties than desired (for the 4 hour scenario).

yeah doing clearing operations in the forest is always one of those decisions where you need to really think about alternatives.  Nice video work.  Not getting as much CM time as I'd like lately so this really helps fill the gap, thanks for posting.  Love that RPG shot that just misses the Stryker at 7:15.  Sphincter moment.

• 2 years later...

Good day Over Lord 96B2P,

Firstly, thank you to you and your beta testing minions for making such tasty morsel of a scenario. I've only played about 36 minutes so far, but I'm really enjoying it and look forward to moar! I do have a question, and am thinking of starting over because, while I cannot be sure, I think I got jipped...

[spoiler]

*******************************************************************************************

I had a 2 man sniper team come in as reinforcements (across from Beliz) that were attached to a command unit that spawned in the FOB. I decided to move the snipers closer to Beliz, but on the next turn a "Butcher Location?" ican popped up right where the sniper team had been - So I decided to move them back to sniff it out.

On the next turn one of my snipers disappeared, poof. On the next turn my remaining sniper saw an enemy truck with a driver in it. I move the sniper in to take a closer look and the poof - he too disappeared with little green arrows....

There was no sign of an enemy base, just a running truck with a driver.

What happened?

[\spoiler]

Thank you, 

Edited by Falcon_the_Slut

Sounds like you moved the units over an EXIT location.  Units entering such a location will disappear off the map regardless whether they are intended to be moved off (for points) or not.

One of the greatest and most innovative scenarios ever btw.  You may want to consider restarting. 

Edited by Erwin

On 7/6/2021 at 10:16 AM, Falcon_the_Slut said:

On the next turn one of my snipers disappeared, poof. On the next turn my remaining sniper saw an enemy truck with a driver in it. I move the sniper in to take a closer look and the poof - he too disappeared with little green arrows....

What happened? 

I apologize for my late response to your post @Falcon_the_Slut.  I just noticed the post today as I was scrolling through the forum.  Just FYI if you tag a forum member by placing an @ in front of their forum handle they will be notified of the tag.  If you quote them they will also be notified.  I tagged AND quoted you above as an example. :D   So, that's my excuse for a late response.  :)

I don't think you need to restart the scenario.  

This is what happened. @Erwin is correct about the exit zone.  The sniper team is in the chain of command of the SCIF (Secure Compartmented Intelligence Facility) officer located in FOB Apache.  The sniper team spawns on an exit zone (unknown to player) and on a touch objective at the same time.  The touch objective reveals intelligence, in multiple locations, on the map (as if provided by the SCIF).  The sniper team will then disappear (exit) after causing the Intel. to appear.  It generally takes about 30 to 60 seconds for the sniper team to disappear.  On the huge and busy map the sniper team is preferably not noticed by the player.  If the sniper is noticed, prior to his exit, his name field reads "Ignore Me".  :ph34r:  :D  

You now have intelligence on multiple possible locations for the Butcher of Beltz (a 200VP objective).  A big part of the four hour scenario is managing resources, evaluating the credibility of intelligence, preparing / conducting operations and responding to separatist attacks while trying not to trigger (literally) Russian ground forces into the fight. 

HINT:  If a commander is able to, in all the chaos, analyze the intelligence he may find that occasionally multiple sources are providing basically the same information.  This increases the credibility of the information and may provide actionable intelligence.  Of course nothing remains static.  If you move to slow the target will change locations.  Move to fast and without proper planning/security your QRF (Quick Reaction Force) will take casualties.          

Also remember the Butcher has two of his top lieutenant running around the map, "Psycho" and "The Jackal" who are 100 VP objectives each. 

Good luck and thanks for taking command of the Tactical Operations Center! :ph34r: 

WMGvgIoh.png

Edited by MOS:96B2P

21 minutes ago, MOS:96B2P said:

The sniper team spawns on an exit zone (unknown to player) and on a touch objective at the same time.  The touch objective reveals intelligence, in multiple locations, on the map (as if provided by the SCIF).  The sniper team will then disappear (exit) after causing the Intel. to appear.  It generally takes about 30 to 60 seconds for the sniper team to disappear.  On the huge and busy map the sniper team is preferably not noticed by the player.  If the sniper is noticed, prior to his exit, his name field reads "Ignore Me".  :ph34r:  :D  

Ah yes... I remember that now.  IIRC I had the same confusion as Falcon when I first noticed that clever spawn trick.  So many innovative ideas.   

PS:  How is Alarmaheiten (sp?) coming along?  And the cops and robbers concept?

18 minutes ago, Erwin said:

PS:  How is Alarmaheiten (sp?) coming along?  And the cops and robbers concept?

Alarmeinheiten is basically done.  I just need to update the briefing and compile the newest version of the "mini-campaign".  There is so much new content available right now I don't think there is much demand for another scenario to play.  Also with the warm weather RL has been busy for me.  As a result I just switched out placeholders for the new FR content did a little testing but not much else.

JRjRS1nh.jpg  

WrGC6jvh.jpg

The police mod-pack is pretty cool.  I enjoy playing around with it.  Some of the mods need work and of course attempting to expand it into a campaign slowed things way down.  Someday.

Tb6lbNfh.jpg

zGRzBweh.jpg

Devoted most of my free time to the CMCW Kriegsburg scenarios (these are released).

tO40FpXh.png

crAxtUOh.jpg  

1 hour ago, MOS:96B2P said:

There is so much new content available right now I don't think there is much demand for another scenario to play.

Yes.  Good to take a breather.  Wondering that... if the MoD uses CM2 for training, maybe a contract with some police forces for your cops and robbers variant.

You have several options at the very start - like where to drop your airmobile troops.  Then you have to decide on priorities re where to send your "Fire Brigade".  Who to rescue/save first?  Other incidents pop up depending on your choices.  So, very replayable. 

The only problem was that I always felt it was clear (to me) what my priorities as CinC should be, so had a tendency to make the same decisions in all my replays.  It is extremely difficult for a designer to give the player moral choices where it is very hard to decide between option A or B (or C etc).

Other testers made completely different choices (they must be idiots).   ^_^

Edited by Erwin

On 7/15/2021 at 5:11 PM, Falcon_the_Slut said:

Is the scenario random or will it essentially be the same 38 minutes as my first game? Also, lets get crackin on that cops n' robbers thing.

Some things are random based on triggers and timers with variable time.  Other things like the HUMINT intelligence feed and TSE (Tactical Site Exploitation) will be the same. 

qpVghqph.jpg  

mXsoi9lh.jpg

On 7/17/2021 at 6:54 AM, MOS:96B2P said:

@Falcon_the_Slut if you have CMSF you may also enjoy the scenario Coup d'etat.  

https://community.battlefront.com/topic/134543-new-scenario-coup-detat/

Gyorgjth.png

You can call on the USMC to support the coup and or evacuate westerners.  Of course the arrival of the USMC will trigger more events..... :D:ph34r:

C4S7wnQh.jpg

That looks super cool. I have CMSF2 but only the USMC and NATO packs..so I don't think I can play it since the description says all modules are required.

21 hours ago, Falcon_the_Slut said:

That looks super cool. I have CMSF2 but only the USMC and NATO packs..so I don't think I can play it since the description says all modules are required.

Sounds like your only missing the British module.  The British module is needed because a British SF unit is in the scenario.  This SF unit may become available for use by the player if certain conditions are met (explained in the briefing).    gbQEvHEh.jpg