MOS:96B2P

New Scenario: Tactical Operations Center

2 minutes ago, General Jack Ripper said:

For some reason, no comments I post on anything over there ever show up. :(

Bootie  has a delay on comments so they can be reviewed before they post.  If you make a comment on Tactical Operations Center it will be displayed in the comments section within 24 hours.   

2 hours ago, General Jack Ripper said:

For some reason, no comments I post on anything over there ever show up. :(

@Bootie moderates all comments - what exactly are you saying :D

2 hours ago, General Jack Ripper said:

For some reason, no comments I post on anything over there ever show up.

It is personal. So, no need to worry.

Got over my TOC burn out after testing a few too many Betas and am really enjoying playing the final version (this time for fun!). 

MOS has made significant changes/improvements since the final Beta so, some of the intel events and "incidents" are new even for me.

Here are some of the civilian vehicle flavor objects Imgur would not let me post a few weeks ago.  Came across them just now and remembered while posting some CMSF stuff. .  

Yv9pTCOh.jpg

Y1mtPDxh.jpg

203AyTdh.jpg

Edited by MOS:96B2P

Here is part 1 of a cinematic AAR of the Tactical Operations Center scenario. A bit on the hasty side but hopefully it does the scenario some justice. 

10 hours ago, Pericles said:

Here is part 1 of a cinematic AAR of the Tactical Operations Center scenario. A bit on the hasty side but hopefully it does the scenario some justice.   

Very cool video.  Its interesting to see the command decisions players make and the tactics they use.  Did you decide not to make an air assault and used an entirely overland force to get to the village of Uhniv?  

Using the river to get the BTR around possible mines along river road was a cool idea.  Really thinking outside of the box.  I was nervous the BTR was going to bog/immobilize before it got back in the fight.  I was holding my breath as I watched ............ I'm glad that worked out for you.  Also just FYI, the briefing gives clues to where the mines may be placed (spare tire flavor objects).  The briefing is accurate, no tricks. 

What a blood bath at the radio station!!!  It looks like you handed the Separatist their a$$ in that encounter.  Cool fire fight.  

Is the intelligence you received so far understandable and useful?  

Very nice work with the camera and the on screen explanations of what is going on.  Thanks for taking the time to make this.     

Very glad you enjoyed it. Like most others are saying, this is the freshest CM scenario I've ever played. I tend to steer away from using the term "innovation", but this is truly innovative. 

I decided not to go with the air assault - transporting my men by helicopter at 1 pm in the afternoon in a Separatist invested area seemed like a bad idea. 

I wasn't sure about the affected radius around the tires so I went with the river crossing (once and only once). 

The intel is definitely understandable and useful. 

Stay tuned for part 2, the Power Plant remains hot and I'm about to attempt to extract a couple defectors from the North Outpost.