Sound in CM

Hi Guys Have a question about the speed of sounds in CM :

Somebody know how BF controle the speed of sound Tank and Infantry?

Exemple Walk on soft original basic in the game BF(4 files) >vs< Mod ZZZ HQS 2.6 (25 files) !!

And only one file for each sound of tank (where is the trick) from BF ¿

4 hours ago, Mord said:

The vehicle sounds can't use more than one file each.

Infantry walking and running etc. sounds can have multiple files.

Mord.

Thank you Mord, I know about vehicles sounds : there is one for heavy tank one for light tank...also for infantry more sounds...but how the game generate the sound that we hear on the battlefield...depending the speed that we give order to move. exemple :

I move tank slowly I listen tank coming slowly I move the tank full speed I listen the engine full speed and all with the same sound Idem for Infantry.

I would like to know for exemple where is the file representing (Infantry  on terrain walking soft in mode move or move fast or move quick...)

How much files for infantry the game attribute to execute a movement for exemple move fast ??                    (From the file Move on soft) ??

Reason is I would like include a sound from infantry marching or running with weapons or men breathing but have to know because the speed of movement. 

Thank you to read my long text hope is understanding enough!!!  🙄😏??? 

Edited by 3j2m7

You are welcome, my friend.

They use "walk on pavement" files 0-8 , "walk on snow" files 0-3,  "walk on soft" files 0-4, "walk on solid" files 0-6, "walk on water" files 0-4.

Example;   walk on pavement 0     walk on pavement 1      walk on snow 0      walk on snow 1 etc.

You can add as many new files to these as you like. EX: walk on water could have 15 files if you want, numbered 0 to 15.

There are no files for running. My guess is they just increase the frequency (amount) of the walking sounds when the infantry run. Ex: Infantry walking, you might hear the sound 5 times in 10 seconds, infantry running, you might hear the sound 10 times in 10 seconds.

Is this the information you were looking for?

Mord.

Edited by Mord

1 hour ago, Mord said:

You are welcome, my friend.

They use "walk on pavement" files 0-8 , "walk on snow" files 0-3,  "walk on soft" files 0-4, "walk on solid" files 0-6, "walk on water" files 0-4.

Example;   walk on pavement 0     walk on pavement 1      walk on snow 0      walk on snow 1 etc.

You can add as many new files to these as you like. EX: walk on water could have 15 files if you want, numbered 0 to 15.

There are no files for running. My guess is they just increase the frequency (amount) of the walking sounds when the infantry run. Ex: Infantry walking, you might hear the sound 5 times in 10 seconds, infantry running, you might hear the sound 10 times in 10 seconds.

Is this the information you were looking for?

Mord.

Whooaaaww this is the explanation that I was need it now I understand more the way to work and it will be more easy to do what I would like realize

In fact i was playing with Arma2 (I know nothing to do with CM's ) 😊

and I remember everytime when the soldier was moving or running  the sound was different because the noise of weapons and difficulty to breathe  because running so than I would like to include somes sounds to my foot peoples that I will let run (like exercices to see the result of a square of battlefield ) before taking the right mesure of speed and acceptable noise from their weapons and clothes) !!

thanks  you very much my friend for these useful exemple.

And of the answer of your question??

"this the information you were looking for?"

The response is YES 😁

Edited by 3j2m7