If you liked the TV show "Bones" here's the real deal

This is a doctoral dissertation. on state-sponsored violence in Lithuania under the Soviets during  and after WW II. (1944-47).    It  is a forensic study of the specific activities of what the dissertation  calls "violence workers"  (nearly gagged over that one) at multiple sites, with Katyn being explicitly used for  comparison. This dissertation first sets forth the broad  context in which, the security organs operated, their ethos, organizational  structure and effectiveness, before getting down to the brutal  specifics based  on nearly 160  exhumations.   Found this  while looking into  the ability of coroners and  such to distinguish between  peri  mortem and post  portem  GSW.   It is clear that such distinction can be made,   and  that has ramifications on one of  my book  projects.  Spot. reading  of  various. parts of  this. document show it   to be. well-conceived, thoroughly documented, carefully considered and  well argued. It is   replete with  charts,   graphs,   histograms,   plots,  inventories,  photos and. more. Found   myself baffled, though, that a  table for Stalinist period state-sponsored violence in the Soviet  Union somehow  managed  to. have   neither regional  totals  nor overall  ones! The bibliography would  provide an education, too,  were people to chase down  what's   listed and read it. While the. Gulag Archipelago so ably detailed by  Solzhenitsyn chronicled the gigantic penal  system which  was  also.  a way of  disposing of  enemies of  the state by working them to  death amid incredible privation, this piece is  about  prompt liquidation  instead,  often committed  amid considerable  chaos and  upheaval.  Have never  seen anything quite  like   this.

https://d.lib.msu.edu/.../State-sponsored_violence_in_the_Soviet_Union___skeletal_trau...

STATE-SPONSORED VIOLENCE IN THE SOVIET UNION: SKELETAL TRAUMA AND BURIAL ORGANIZATION IN A POST-WORLD WAR II LITHUANIAN SAMPLE

By
Catherine Elizabeth Bird

Regards,

John Kettler

Edited by John Kettler

Andy,

Sorry   about the  link.  Purple. link has been tested  and  works..  Regarding your do I play CM question,   I   haven't. been able to  do so for months now, but  assuredly would if I could. Indeed, it's stressing me out that I can't destress by playing CM! Since. all I can do is post, that's what I  do instead.

state-sponsored violence in the soviet union: skeletal trauma and ...

Review of
STATE-SPONSORED VIOLENCE IN THE SOVIET UNION: SKELETAL TRAUMA AND BURIAL ORGANIZATION IN A POST-WORLD WAR II LITHUANIAN SAMPLE 

By
Catherine Elizabeth Bird

http://dissertationreviews.org/archives/9045  

Regards,

John Kettler

Edited by John Kettler

DerKommmisar,

You.  rattled me!  Thought you. were  saying the link again didn't work, but then I noticed you'd  quoted Andy. Loved  "Bones". in OST (not   am. Ost). And the epithet for the Untermensch  of. that  episode about good intentions with disastrous consequences. was  "you filthy Zaon pig!"

Regards,

John Kettler