Please help: Scottish Corridor - Fair and Square

I'm currently stuck in the scenario "Fair and Square" (defending Grainville against ferocious Waffen-SS assault at night). I've tried several different strategies but none of them seems to work. There are just way too many StuGs to cope with. My few Churchills and Achilles TDs get blown to pieces even before they reach their positions. I've also tried to hold all troops back and counter assault with massive artillery. But my troops are totally outnumbered and not able to gain any ground. Does anyone have a hint on how to solve this scenario? Thanks for any advice! 

I have not played this scenario.  But, in generally... Have you kept your defending armor (and inf)) keyholed and positioned so that the enemy exposes his flank as he moves into your guns' LOS?

Am wondering if you are trying to defeat a superior attack head on - always suicidal.

7 hours ago, Erwin said:

I have not played this scenario.  But, in generally... Have you kept your defending armor (and inf)) keyholed and positioned so that the enemy exposes his flank as he moves into your guns' LOS?

Am wondering if you are trying to defeat a superior attack head on - always suicidal.

Thanks for your reply. No, I've tried all lots of varied defensive positions and tried to keep my tanks hull down. The onslought is just too drastic to handle. I only got 5 tanks or so (2 churchills and 3 tank destroyers) while the enemy advances with lots of artillery support, at least a dozen StuGs, Jagdpanthers, various halftracks and grenadiers. It's just a question of numbers I guess. I've completed 5 of the stock campaigns on veteran level but I don't seem to be able to solve this one. So I thought there might be something I've missed.