Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

So guys, because I am waiting like most of us to recieve some news from Steve & his Staff, and be a little boring of the time.

Don't want to see empty buildings  :) was trying to change the view of some empty buildings in CM's...but dont have really knowledges in the mod world, ... sometimes have some silly ideas, I know.

Need some additonal infos, about 2d 3d view and more... I post  pictures of the result, I would like really make more ...would be nice to have some tips, recomandations, advices, and know if my idea is good welcome or really silly...

01 What I did !  seem to be ok 

02 result global ! the result is multiplied of different walls of the house !!

Building can be found in Scenario : the Training Roadblock (Advanced house near the little river, from the german perspective) !!

If some of you are interresting to see result can send the file...

thanks in advance ! ;) 

01.jpg

02.jpg

Edited by 3j2m7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Pretty much a waisted effort imo...

A few paintings on the walls and 2d furniture does not really improve things much...

I don't think you will be able to get any 3d stuff in there...atleast not something that effects LOS/LOF and protection...

The fighting inside buildings are pretty highly abstracted IIRC...

Anyhow...Thanks for your effort to try and improve the game :)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, RepsolCBR said:

Pretty much a waisted effort imo...

A few paintings on the walls and 2d furniture does not really improve things much...

I don't think you will be able to get any 3d stuff in there...atleast not something that effects LOS/LOF and protection...

The fighting inside buildings are pretty highly abstracted IIRC...

Anyhow...Thanks for your effort to try and improve the game :)

 

Thank you to your text, in fact was not thinking to have some protection blocking los lof,...was only to have a better funny view of buildings and around, like you can do it with terrain doodads..that also not protect anything in the game but give you a better real situation of environnement....was checking for older furnitures and objects from ww2 to do it... and when this work for CMBN I could find something for CMSF1 or 2 with moderne furnitures of course, admit that is more beautiful to see something instead a empty building !

thank you for your interest.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, weapon2010 said:

maybe add some light fixtures and outlets to the walls

Thank you to your interrest was trying to added something lonly one objet like a old picture on the wall, but because the game use only one picture view  to represent all walls interrior of the building, is not possible to put anything on the wall this will have repercussions of all walls (hope my text is  understanding enough) !  

see files below 

Thank you very much to your interrest !

01.JPG

02.JPG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, JoMc67 said:

Actually, 3j2m7, looks great :-)

Thank you very much, but like i was explaining, can not doing exactly what I would like, because somes restrictions of system from CM !! :( If only somebody could  lend me a hand  for objects 2d or relief ?? cos I know I can forget 3d effect, this would help me a little.

Thank in advance of your interrest !!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
23 minutes ago, DerKommissar said:

Great idea, dude. All we need know is Sims-like civilians living inside.

My idea seem to be silly I know, but would like really make something correct without searching some protections of los lof, the aim is to give impression to be in some buildings in a war environments with somes destructions of all floors untill atics and for this I have a lots of ideas. ...I think the Sims are already there, when you put some troop inside, missing only some Females soldiers 😁

Edited by 3j2m7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, 3j2m7 said:

My idea seem to be silly I know

Not at all, actually. My apologies if I came off sarcastic. Lived-in interiors would definitely put some context to my pre-emptive shelling of suspected enemy positions.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, DerKommissar said:

Not at all, actually. My apologies if I came off sarcastic. Lived-in interiors would definitely put some context to my pre-emptive shelling of suspected enemy positions.

Thank you appreciated your reply...for the time trying to working on somes pictures and trying to find model like object effect 2d or relief and some differents colours tone...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Ive fooled around with placing objects in buildings. Place the object first then the building. Most are not interior objects, maybe benches and crates work. Ground floor only.

Edited by nik mond

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, nik mond said:

Ive fooled around with placing objects in buildings. Place the object first then the building. Most are not interior objects, maybe benches and crates work. Ground floor only.

Hi, you did something also..?? could you post a screenshot of what you did? 

Yes like I explain in a post above we can only working on the floor... sad that we cannot put something on the interiors walls but perhaps on the ceiling when is work on the ground will also work on the top  ?? chandeliers ...have only to working with 2d objects or relief...this is another story !!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just did this,  dropped some benches and crates and placed a church on top. Pews and alter. Same for factories and warehouses you can drop sacks and barrels etc. I never used or saved what I did but here's a screen shot.

pew.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Flavor objects can be pushed inside a building by holding Shift and then left clicking on the object.  So place any flavor object near a building and then Shift / Left Click to push it into the building.  Once inside the building you can move it around turn it etc........

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, nik mond said:

I just did this,  dropped some benches and crates and placed a church on top. Pews and alter. Same for factories and warehouses you can drop sacks and barrels etc. I never used or saved what I did but here's a screen shot.

pew.jpg

Look great 👍ou see with little imagination we can created a very good  environment there is a lit that we can do i magine that we could also "painting walls" !! ...thank you to posting !! I guess now yiur brain is awake of thousand thinks that we can created...and soon a mod...😁

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, MOS:96B2P said:

Flavor objects can be pushed inside a building by holding Shift and then left clicking on the object.  So place any flavor object near a building and then Shift / Left Click to push it into the building.  Once inside the building you can move it around turn it etc........

 

Thank you to your tips was not thinking to working with flavour object...

But can we created our own flavour objects???

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
14 minutes ago, 3j2m7 said:

Thank you to your tips was not thinking to working with flavour object...

But can we created our own flavour objects???

Yes. @Kieme(ITA) created civilian vehicles as flavor objects for CMBS.  I'm not a modder so I don't know how he did it.  This mod is available at CMMODs 3.  Some modders here on the forum probably know.  

Edited by MOS:96B2P

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, MOS:96B2P said:

Yes. @Kieme(ITA) created civilian vehicles as flavor objects for CMBS.  I'm not a modder so I don't know how he did it.  This mod is available at CMMODs 3.  Some modders here on the forum here probably know.  

Thank you will put an eyes of these place !

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, nik mond said:

I just did this,  dropped some benches and crates and placed a church on top. Pews and alter. Same for factories and warehouses you can drop sacks and barrels etc. I never used or saved what I did but here's a screen shot.

pew.jpg

Are the things ...(benches...) already a flavour object or did you put a simple picture with view on the top only like  did ??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/20/2018 at 2:50 PM, 3j2m7 said:

Are the things ...(benches...) already a flavour object or did you put a simple picture with view on the top only like  did ??

yes those objects are already in the editor. There are 5 different benches. And many different objects in the map maker/scenario editor. They can be pushed inside buildings.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Erwin said:

Brilliant.  Maybe have some cows or horses inside then?  

Funny bird ...indeed but already deads 😁

Edited by 3j2m7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×