Who's winning the tank war?

8 hours ago, Sgt.Squarehead said:

So what we are concluding is that it is spaced/stand-off armour of unknown thickness, but apparently of no special composition, with storage boxes built into the voids.....Perhaps excepting on the glacis?

Inasmuch as storage bins happen to function as spaced armor by virtue of "it's a steel box", yes. They are no substitute for actual special armor, which loops right around to my initial statement that the Type 10 is basically unarmored on the turret sides.

On the glacis it's just a steel plate that serves as the outermost "skin" of the hull. You can see the way it's bolted to the hull here, and it's not very thick either based on the edge visible around the headlights. It might provide a little bit of extra protection, but at a guess it's primarily there to keep the composite armor blocks on the glacis in place while permitting easy access (just unbolt the plate and you can take the armor modules out easily when preparing the tank for transport).

Edited by Saint_Fuller

Arjun-Tank.jpg

India has a sizable tank fleet. I always found the Arjun to be a cool MBT. Got that German design, rifled 120mm main gun and can shoot plenty of various ammunition (even a special Israeli ATGM). Weighs almost 60 tons and can shrug off point blank 125mm APSDFS rounds. It also, apparently, has a lower ground pressure than a T-72. Still having development trials, from what I hear, though.

Edited by DerKommissar