HELP!!! CMBS keeps crashing on my Win7 x64.

Help me, please!

Several hours ago I bought the CMBS on site. But the game just keeps crashing after showing the slash screen of the "Battlefront" logo.

There was no errors during the installion, and the activation was also very easy and normal.

Although I am running a Windows system of Chinese version, the path of the game files doesn't include any non-English character.

The screen resolution is 1366x768, and I run the game as "Administrator", so there SHOULD NOT be any problem.

I have many other wargames installed on my laptop, such as CMANO, steel panzers, Harpoon, Dangerous Waters, Flashpoint Campaigns, Steel Beasts Pro PE and so on. And even several 3D games, such as Homeworld Remastered. And all of them run normally without any error.

But just why???

The following message is the error information, which popped up while starting the game. I wonder if it will be helpful for you somehow.

- System

- Provider
      [ Name] Application Error

- EventID 1000
      [ Qualifiers] 0

Level 2

Task 100

Keywords 0x80000000000000

- TimeCreated
      [ SystemTime] 2018-03-14T22:23:59.000000000Z

EventRecordID 17662

Channel Application

Computer lenovo-PC

Security
- EventData
      CM Black Sea.exe
      58f8cbd6
      ig7icd32.dll
      50529adc
      c0000005
      0007df64
      134c
      01d3bbe32285e99e
      D:\Entertainment\Battlefront\Combat Mission Black Sea\CM Black Sea.exe
      C:\Windows\system32\ig7icd32.dll
      63a697df-27d6-11e8-97ea-c397a65e8b0e

Does your laptop ONLY have Intel graphics or does it have a Nvidia GeForce or AMD Radeon also ? Intel integrated video typically has a bad time with the CM series. Often it should work, but the graphics may not look the best (smeared, almost unreadable text and other issues). However sometimes some Intel graphics drivers may crash with the games (which may be what you're experiencing since the error mentions the Intel OpenGL graphics driver).

If you have a GeForce or Radeon ('discrete graphics'), then you will want to create a profile in the control panel for your particular graphics chip for CMBS. This should usually configure the laptop to run the game on those discrete graphics chip rather than the Intel integrated video.

If you ONLY have Intel graphics on your laptop, then you'll want to check with your laptop manufacturer's site/support (Lenovo) and see if there is a newer driver available. Unfortunately it is VERY common for laptop manufacturers to release only ONE driver and never update it to a newer one. This wouldn't be a problem if you could consistently use the driver available from Intel, but when it comes to laptops you often can't do this and you may be limited to only what the laptop manufacturer provides.

8 hours ago, Schrullenhaft said:

Does your laptop ONLY have Intel graphics or does it have a Nvidia GeForce or AMD Radeon also ? Intel integrated video typically has a bad time with the CM series. Often it should work, but the graphics may not look the best (smeared, almost unreadable text and other issues). However sometimes some Intel graphics drivers may crash with the games (which may be what you're experiencing since the error mentions the Intel OpenGL graphics driver).

If you have a GeForce or Radeon ('discrete graphics'), then you will want to create a profile in the control panel for your particular graphics chip for CMBS. This should usually configure the laptop to run the game on those discrete graphics chip rather than the Intel integrated video.

If you ONLY have Intel graphics on your laptop, then you'll want to check with your laptop manufacturer's site/support (Lenovo) and see if there is a newer driver available. Unfortunately it is VERY common for laptop manufacturers to release only ONE driver and never update it to a newer one. This wouldn't be a problem if you could consistently use the driver available from Intel, but when it comes to laptops you often can't do this and you may be limited to only what the laptop manufacturer provides.

Thanks for your help!

It does work! There is also a AMD Radeon card in my laptop, and after changing the settings in the AMD Catalyst Control Center, the game runs normally.

It seems the other games on my laptop just do not require too many resources of graphics chip, or maybe they are modified well to work under Intel Graphics Chip.:D