Reduction of Ghouta

akd

13 minutes ago, IMHO said:

Sure. Int'l road sign for stop is in English. And it's used in Russia as well.

Not always

I seems to hit a nerve with extreme Nationlists all the English reminders to be told to Stop....

http://blogginginenglishvi.blogspot.co.uk/2014/10/only-in-quebec-is-stop-sign-language.html

Edited by Wicky

• 4 weeks later...

Like others have pointed out amazing quality film, dramatic and immersive footage. Thank you for this post.

I have a couple of questions/observations re the second video '[Syria] Eastern Ghouta is divided in half':

• Many SAA troops without head gear/helmets (seems reckless)
  • Surprising number of troops just standing in the open, sometimes on raised banks of earth, etc during advance to enemy (easy targets for the opposition)
  • Troops being reminded to move in single file/one at a time (are they poorly organised or poorly trained)

Could someone who knows about these things please comment with regard to SAA training, discipline and capability? Many thanks in advance.

On 5/14/2018 at 4:30 PM, RedMenace said:

Like others have pointed out amazing quality film, dramatic and immersive footage. Thank you for this post.

I have a couple of questions/observations re the second video '[Syria] Eastern Ghouta is divided in half':

• Many SAA troops without head gear/helmets (seems reckless)
  • Surprising number of troops just standing in the open, sometimes on raised banks of earth, etc during advance to enemy (easy targets for the opposition)
  • Troops being reminded to move in single file/one at a time (are they poorly organised or poorly trained)

Could someone who knows about these things please comment with regard to SAA training, discipline and capability? Many thanks in advance.

I am also curious as to organization of the SAA. To me, it seems a large part of the SAA's front-line units are irregulars. They have been fighting a civil war for some time, and those are rarely conventional conflicts. A lot of these guys look older than I would have expected. I can imagine after so many years, in constant conflict, these units are fairly experienced.

In the more recent videos, the ones in Arabic, everyone seems to know what they're doing. Much more camouflage, helmets and radios in that one. I am guessing the "regularity" changes depending on where you look on the frontlines. There's also the use of drones on a fairly low level -- platoon, maybe company. There's also some combined arms. Dedicated engineering vehicles making a breach, tanks break through and paving the way for infantry. 

I think that by conventional standards, the SAA is ill suited to fight a combined arms enemy. However, they have put in serious man hours fighting ISIS, FSA and Al-Qeada. Albeit, that's just my speculation from the videos. I do not claim to truly know. Also, it's important to keep in mind that these videos are edited. So, maybe they cut the parts with Private Snafu, Private Pyle and Corporal Jenkins.

• 4 weeks later...

I reckon CM:SF2 would be a great candidate for a very novel vehicle pack.  B)

T-55 with KMT-5 mineroller, T-72 Shafrah (Gillette), T-72 & ZSU-23-4 Adra (cage armour above), T-72BM, T-90, T-90A, TOS-1 Buratino, Terminator and about a million random vehicles with assorted HMGs or cannon strapped to them.....And that's just the good guys!  :P

Edited by Sgt.Squarehead