Reduction of Ghouta

akd

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎13‎/‎03‎/‎2018 at 7:04 PM, Wicky said:

How many gun barrels can you count

One.....The other horizontal item is the roof of the house in the background.

More from ANNA:

Includes combat footage from inside a T-72, as opposed to from a GoPro on the mantlet, but it also has plenty of that too.

Edited by Sgt.Squarehead

12 hours ago, Wicky said:

Look like Oliver Reed in his element...

He kinda does now that you mention it.  :lol:

9 minutes ago, sburke said:

Think they use CMSF as an infantry primer? :huh:

If they do, they've clearly still not quite mastered the 'moonwalk & slide' technique.  ;)

Edited by Sgt.Squarehead

I definitely think this fighting merits consideration as a CM:SF II scenario/campaign, the terrain is wonderfully complex, but nothing that CM can't handle, I've already saved a few maps and images from the area (and a lot of pictures of the T-72M1 on the right in the video above, I'm modelling that one in 1/72).

On ‎13‎/‎03‎/‎2018 at 7:04 PM, Wicky said:

Quaintly bizarre corrogated homebrew AFV

Going back to this, the SAA (or possibly their allies) are now using recaptured tanks that were modified by ISIS at 'The Workshop':

DYyV09vVoAAgqXc.jpg

Edited by Sgt.Squarehead

Don't worry mate, it was just a flash in the pan.  ;)

BTW - @LongLeftFlank  How do you think events in Ramadi might transpire against the backdrop of the BF Syria storyline?  I'm thinking along the lines of a similar uprising, but with the US largely focussed on wrapping up in Syria and setting their sights on Iran, only local and Coalition troops would be available to bolster the resistance (The question of 'What happened to the Russian base in Syria?' looms large here IMHO).

Edited by Sgt.Squarehead

You're asking the wrong geek, mate. I never had much interest in the stock Syria campaigns, as the scenarios struck me as either crazy overdetermined for BLUE or forced BLUE into unrealistic worst possible case scenarios. Plus, I am a hardcore infantry player.

So I began working on Ramadi pretty much the instant the Marines module arrived. I chose that since the scenario size is modest (unlike Fallujah), plus complex terrain that BLUE can't readily converge ranged fires on is pretty much the only equalizer in the RED toolkit.

tank_e04f43_6139749-jpg.375565

Now, this is truly a modern art masterpiece! A cool source for all your strange improvised armour needs: Weird tank modifications in Syria

I have to say, these SAA boys are generally very fashionable -- trimmed beards, Eminem backpacks and ironic MARPAT fatigues.

On 3/27/2018 at 7:09 PM, Sgt.Squarehead said:

I definitely think this fighting merits consideration as a CM:SF II scenario/campaign, the terrain is wonderfully complex, but nothing that CM can't handle, I've already saved a few maps and images from the area (and a lot of pictures of the T-72M1 on the right in the video above, I'm modelling that one in 1/72).

Going back to this, the SAA (or possibly their allies) are now using recaptured tanks that were modified by ISIS at 'The Workshop':

Nice reference! The vivisection of BMP 1s into VBIED hulls and technical turrets reminded me of the GLA, from Zero Hour.