Anticipatory post for CM:Stalingrad!

After I mentioned Pavloc's house over on the CoC board on FB, one of the guys essentially said the story of Pavlov's house was propaganda. When I asked for evidence, he sent me this link to a massive discourse on the whole situation, complete with photos and Russian CC film clips. The amount of information here is overwhelming, but I thought it would delight the troops. The carnage is sobering (a battalion down to 18 effectives), showing how truly close the Germans came to taking Stalingrad, and there's grog chrome galore, too. Nets on upper story windows on German buildings to keep out incendiary bottles, for example. And did you know Serjeant Pavlov took the house with only three other frontoviki? They were its sole garrison for a time, and the buld-up began from there. All in all, this Reddit is a marvelous resource for what I'm sure is a CM game people dream of (or wake up sweating at the thought of it). There is a great deal more at the link, including a lot of amplifying remarks, corrections to the article's translator, comments about being respectful to the fighters and more. All in all, quite the education!

Fair use

Regards,

John Kettler

• 1 month later...