Automatic mixed force selection gives me 42 Panzerschreck teams

I just tried the automatic force selection for quick battles, and in a medium attack mission I got a German force that nearly only consists of Panzerschreck teams. 42 teams (!) all in all, organised into platoons with a HQ and six teams each.

Apart from this, I also got 3 platoons that consist of only six teams of HMG42.

All these units belong to something called a "Fortress MG Bn".

So my question is: Is this working as intended?

1 hour ago, IanL said:

Ah, yes :-)

No of course not. I can see how it happens but... Can you share what type of battle and what size this was? If it is not a meeting engagement which side was the German force on and what date did you have selected.

Please

Sure, here's the info: 

It was an attack type battle with the Germans attacking. Medium size.

Default date selecton, so it's December 1944.

Standard rarity.

I have a savegame too if it's any use...

Edited by Bulletpoint

Thanks, it is more a chance of happening thing so a single saved game just shows what was picked once. I'll take those settings and generate a bunch of force compositions and see how often stuff like that happens.

Speaking of which I forgot to ask you one other thing - is this an infantry only battle?

1 hour ago, IanL said:

Thanks, it is more a chance of happening thing so a single saved game just shows what was picked once. I'll take those settings and generate a bunch of force compositions and see how often stuff like that happens.

Speaking of which I forgot to ask you one other thing - is this an infantry only battle?

No, it's a mixed type battle.

I tried "re-rolling" with the same settings a couple of times, and the following results were a bit more sane (even though the US side tended to be comprised of mostly support weapons most of the time - a mix of machineguns, mortars, and AT guns, with a bit of armour thrown in. Not a bad mix for a defensive setup of course.